PDA

View Full Version : Took DC apart, modded, and then......

spinksy
September 24th, 2009, 19:08
Hey all, just had a go today at doing the Dreamcast reset button and thought at the same time I might aswell solder the 2 wires to the chip for when I over clock it (and run them to a switch - I havnt got the oscillators through the post yet so can't over clock it properly - was just going to put a wire to each part of the cut chip leg and run them to a switch and leave it in the 200mhz position - then when I get the oscillators through the post just add that)

Anyway thought it all went ok but when I put the Dreamcast back together and tested it there is no picture. The TV changed channel as soon as I put the Dreamcast power on (as it usually does) but the screen is just black? Also it only spins a disc when you press the reset button (and even then it just starts to spin then slows to a stop) I took the DC apart and checked I'd put it back together ok and all was fine - anyone any idea?

Eviltaco64
September 24th, 2009, 21:47
Hmm... Stupid question, but did you make sure to put screws back properly?

I honestly killed one of my Dreamcasts doing that. :(

spinksy
September 24th, 2009, 21:51
Hmm... Stupid question, but did you make sure to put screws back properly?

I honestly killed one of my Dreamcasts doing that. :(

Yeah I'm pretty sure I did - I've litterally just finished soldering a different DC so I'm now going to re-assemble it and test it (second time lucky hopefully :))

spinksy
September 24th, 2009, 22:12
DAMMIT - exactly the same thing!

The vmu's beep etc when you turn them on - just no picture! Can't work it out!!

Anybody have problems like this when soldering inside their DC??:confused: