PDA

View Full Version : PSPgo Costs as Much as a PS3 in Denmark

wraggster
September 24th, 2009, 19:23
Either Sony's gotta cut its price or the Danish kroner's gotta get a lot weaker against the dollar for the PSPgo's sake. It's listed at 2,000 DKK - or $396 US, one reason retailers there aren't stocking the thing.

http://kotaku.com/5366867/pspgo-costs-as-much-as-a-ps3-in-denmark

Shrygue
September 24th, 2009, 20:40
If the PSP go is set to retail at £225 in the UK, then for another £25 one go buy the new slimline PS3. Ridiculous!

Anger
September 25th, 2009, 03:26
If the PSP go is set to retail at £225 in the UK, then for another £25 one go buy the new slimline PS3. Ridiculous!

theyll try and sweeten the deal with free games - a poor attempt to hide what a bloody rip off this is.
i totally agree - had i money i would obviously stump up the extra 25 and go for the slim but i think sony is missing the point completly.

psp go no umd support and digital downloads only - sounds good except they will only be apealing to new psp owners and at that price i think it will flop big time. i personally think it should die despite it being good but for a different reason - i despise everything about digital downloads. in the old days having the game itself on disc/cart/ms/whatever means that even when (note not 'if' but 'when') the company goes bust the games are still to be had. granted it may not happen to sony for a long time but it should and when it does those digital downloads will disapear making old machines worthless, except for homebrew which would also require an exploit or cfw to make it work.

but back on the pricing sony has definetly shot itself in the foot pricing the slim in almost direct competition with the psp go, well at least in this country. 225 may sound reasonable to sony but that equates to well over 350 odd american dollars so....import time. o wait we cant do imports because the game downloads will be regionalised like they already are. bye bye sony been nice knowing ya. /sarcasm

megaman_zer0
September 25th, 2009, 07:26
? I thought the psp has always been regeon free you can even download games from the japan psn and play them on your us system. or have I been misinformed?

Anger
September 25th, 2009, 11:33
sorry i might be mistaken - see on psn euro you cant get games from other regions on the ps3 and i just assumed it would be the same for the psp however it might not.