PDA

View Full Version : PSP Automatic Homebrew Installer v1.0

wraggster
May 17th, 2006, 00:00
Sodr (http://hem.bredband.net/kalsod/) has released a new Homebrew Installer for the PSP which is aimed at new comers, heres the release info:

"What is This ?

This is a tool that you can use if you are unsure where to put your hombrew (it installs it for you automaticlly).

Functions

- Automaticlly install homebrew in the right directories for psps with firwmare version 1.0,1.5,2.0,2.01,2.5 or 2.6.
- Automaticlly install MPH Downgrader 1.0.1 and put all files needed in the right places.
- If you start it and tries to install homebrew on a 1.51/1.52 psp the program will automaticlly ask if you want to update to 2.0
and then install 2.0 update eboot.
- Super user-friendly interface
- Comes bundled with installations of kxploit and eLoader
(patched v0.97 "bock")
- Includes readme's to every program it contains (so it's impossible to fail)
- Every term that can be hard to understand is explained (eg. firmware,
1.5 homebrew format, drive letter etc.)

Installation

Just run the PSPAHI.msi installer and follow the instructions.

--- !!! IMPORTANT: Make sure you install the program to:
--- C:\Program Files\PSPAHI\PSP Automatic Homebrew Installer\
--- Don't install it to somewere else since it will make the program
--- to not work properly. (It should be standard dir while installing)

How to Use it Properly

- On 1.0/2.0/2.01/2.5/2.6:.

Just right click on the eboot.pbp you want to install and choose open with
and choose PSPAHI.exe. (If you like installing homebrew this way you might want to use the "Always use this program to open this filetype"-function.)

Choose your firmware version, select what drive letter your psp have, Enter the name of the homebrew and press "Install the homebrew!". Then you'r ready to rock!

On v1.5

If you have a psp with the 1.5 firmware you got to select the folders containing the eboots manually. To do that just start PSPAHI and follow the instructions you would have used if you were installing homebrew on a 1.0.

But before you click on the "Install the Homebrew!"-button you must select
the two folders manually by browsing for them. Do that by clicking "browse" in the 1.5 window. Then just press "Install the homebrew!" and have fun.

TroubleShooting

If you get an error the problem is almost everytime that the folders on the psp is wrong or the directory on the pc doesn't exist. You can easily fix this by formating you memorystick (everything on it will be deleted so back it up first). Do that by start you psp and go to sttings-->system settings--> format memorystick.

If you get problems on the pc it's probably because you have installed the
program in the wrong directory. Just reinstall it and make sure the install path is C:\Program Files\PSPAHI\PSP Automatic Homebrew Installer\ and nothing else."

The download is a rather hefty 31mb. Heres the Download Link (http://rapidshare.de/files/20631587/PSPAHI1.0.rar.html)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
May 17th, 2006, 00:19
FFS it's one off those crappy rapid share links I alwayz have nowt but grief from those anyone got a direct link plz !!!! :)

guthix
May 17th, 2006, 00:26
This is a great way to spread the Homebrew Scene man!! Great job. Now more people the are more "computer handicapped" will have a better time.:cool:

pspfan
May 17th, 2006, 00:48
This should be great for those people who don't like dealing with it themselves, and just want it all in one program.

mavsman4457
May 17th, 2006, 02:01
yah, homebrew is pretty easy to learn but i guess it just got easier (and allowed humans to become even lazier).

MikeDX
May 17th, 2006, 09:12
I think its a good tool, but the MPH downgrader should not be included - thats where the 32mb comes from!

Paiku
May 17th, 2006, 12:21
Cool, now I can play snes with my friend (2.6) who is very much "computer handicaped" indeed. :P

dkainer
May 17th, 2006, 13:25
Cant wait to try this out Sodr, I've been having endless grief trying to get MikeDX's MAMEPSP on my2.0, whilst driving in my 5.0 with my OPP :p

mr_nick666
May 17th, 2006, 13:40
Great idea for newcomers to scene :)
Everybodys gotta start somewhere :rolleyes:

The_Ultimate_Eggman
May 18th, 2006, 17:28
Cant get it to work.installs and says choose fw choose 1.5 then type name off app and get error msg are the apps included with release if not how do u add them ??

xXSujoXx
May 18th, 2006, 20:36
cool

xXSujoXx
May 18th, 2006, 20:38
kinda weird thogh

jordan151991
May 19th, 2006, 08:18
on the PSPAHI1.0 when it ask for the name of the homebrew what is it please?