PDA

View Full Version : snes9xTYL 0.4.2 problem

gangsta_psp
May 17th, 2006, 06:30
Ok. This happened to me twice. I start using the newest version of the snes9xTYl 0.4.2 standard version on my 2.6 psp. I play a bunch of super nintendo games and I get tired and exit the program. Then I press start to exit eloader. (Im using bock by the way) After exiting the eloader, I get an error saying "the memory stick cannot be read. go to settings/system setting to formot the memory stick. Even the memory stick is formatted, I get this error after I use the snes9xTYL. Thus, now I have to reformat and start all over again. Can someone please figure out why this is happening to me. Also might I add that I do mess with the emulators settings a bit to get it at the right speed, full screen, etc. Thanks in advance and sorry for my sloppy typing. Im tired and im about to go to sleep.
EDIT: Also this never happened with any other progra I used with the eloader. Im just sick of having to put all my files back in over and over and over again.
EDIT2: This was copied from my post on pspupdates.

slaphappygamer
May 17th, 2006, 14:52
try the me version?

gangsta_psp
May 18th, 2006, 00:05
ME uses kernel mode, so i cant use that on my 2.6 psp. Im using stanard version. Anyone have any ideas?

slaphappygamer
May 18th, 2006, 05:40
i see, good luck then.

gangsta_psp
May 18th, 2006, 13:43
Yeah. I hope they release an update that can fix this problem. Either for the emulator or the eloader itself. Having to keep installing the same programs 60 times a day due to this problem is very annoying.

tophead420
June 1st, 2006, 08:43
its not the eloader i dont think if i where you id just use the 4.1 version although it frezes when u exit hte emu but it beats putting it back on the mem stick over n over

tophead420
June 1st, 2006, 11:13
k itryed it and it works fine for me ecept first time i played it i got a message about it couldnt read mem card all i done was went out to wre u can browes the file and went ot the game folder and loaded up a game and it works fine now and i dont get hte message nemore but i cud have a different 4.2 version then u do

MarcusOF
June 3rd, 2006, 10:02
make sure there is always some space left on the memcard. when you play games in the snes9xTYL it makes a save of the settings for each game. I have a 32mb memcard and had the same thing. had it completly filled and snes9xTyl kept adding data while i was playing different games, after closing the snes9xTYL the memcard was unreadeble and i had to format it to correct it again. Now i make sure to keep a few mb's in reserve and never got the error again.