PDA

View Full Version : NEOGEO CDZ Emulator for PSP 0.4 beta Just Released

mameuser
May 17th, 2006, 11:23
NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html) has updated his NeoGeoCD Emulator for the PSP, heres whats new:

translation of news via google follows:

It is command list functional test edition.
As for command.dat MAM32 Plus! Please download from the home page.

Modification/correction being completed
Size of [huontodeta] was decreased.
Japanese the font was drawn up.
The font for [komandorisuto] was drawn up.
Font anti alias processing of drawing was corrected.

In the midst of job
[komandorisuto] and simple text display function.
 (As for the text viewer whether you stop,)

Corresponding failure
Network opposition function.
 Only 1 there being PSP where the original software operates, because operation verification is impossible.

Download via comments

Awesome news for PSP Homebrew Fans, Download and Give Feedback Via the Comments

tedou
May 17th, 2006, 14:58
thanks you good job

Kramer
May 17th, 2006, 16:55
nice emu works on 2.6

Elsid
May 17th, 2006, 17:36
looks good, long live homebrew!!!

luis_05
May 17th, 2006, 18:32
I'm getting two errors:

"could not open IPL.TXT"
"Error while processing IPL.TXT"

What am I doing wrong? The roms are zipped and placed in a folder on the ncdzpsp folder. :-(

Voltron
May 17th, 2006, 18:46
This is great news to see this Emulator continued after a couple months pause. This is one of the BEST Emulators for the PSP and to see it being optimized further is very exciting.

The Google translation isn't that clear. I saw the word NETWORK. Hopefully NJ will try to implement a "netplay" feature similar to SNES9xTYL.

The majority of titles for the Neo Geo CD are fighting games so network play via 2-player adhoc would be sweet.

I love this EMU and can't wait to see whats in store for future versions.

Mr. Shizzy
May 17th, 2006, 19:04
looks good, long live homebrew!!!

What's up with the sign?

fucht017
May 17th, 2006, 19:47
i still get mp3 error;lost synchronization with Neo Turf Masters...got psp 1.5...But a wonderfull emu indeed...great stuff;)

PSPCulture
May 17th, 2006, 20:10
I'm getting two errors:

"could not open IPL.TXT"
"Error while processing IPL.TXT"

What am I doing wrong? The roms are zipped and placed in a folder on the ncdzpsp folder. :-(

This error normally occurs when you are trying to use NeoGeo roms and not NeoGeoCD roms. There is a difference, are you sure you've got the right roms?

Cheers
www.pspculture.co.uk

Illegal Machine
May 17th, 2006, 20:22
yea true....

this plays ISOS, not ROMS. You have to get NEO GEO CD ISOS. Extract the contents, placa everything in a folder named after the game, and put all the MP3s in another folder inside named Neocd.mp3

So I'm NOT seeing any new gui here. this is NO different than the last emulator for me, (except the build version is different at the intro credits)

and I'm NOT seeing any screen anything like that attached screenshot anywhere.

wtf is that about? maybe it seems faster this time, I really cant tell.

and what does that command.dat do? and where does that go?

luis_05
May 17th, 2006, 21:22
thanks psp culture. I was using the incorrect roms. Now im on the hunt to find the neogeo cd roms. Three hours and nothing :-(. Thanks again though.

ExIdOuS
May 18th, 2006, 01:53
try a google search coolrom it is a web site

V3N0M
May 18th, 2006, 02:43
I think we can't just copy this over the existing emu this needs to be a fresh install.

Damian666
May 18th, 2006, 03:28
After a few months pause, this is actually coming along nicely. Keep up the good work, pal.

V3N0M
May 18th, 2006, 03:54
From what i can tell its the same. Maby he didn't work on the speed but other things. Nice work.

luis_05
May 18th, 2006, 04:45
success!!! thank u psp culture, illegal machine, and exidous for ur help. This site is full of helpful ppl!!! And as for this emulator, it kicks ass!!! I can finally play metal slug on my psp!!! Thanks u saved my summer!!

V3N0M
May 18th, 2006, 04:50
i get errors when i try to zip the iso's but if there unziped they work fine.

Illegal Machine
May 18th, 2006, 10:12
Jayman

You can't zip the WHOLE thing. you have your folder, call it Metal Slug inside there you have a folder neocd.mp3, then you have all your loose gamefiles.

make a new winrar.zip archive, and put ALL those gamefiles in there, name that Metal Slug.zip

so you have the Metal Slug folder, and inside that is Metal Slug.zip, and neocd.mp3 (which of course contains all your Mp3s (you can get rid of all those loose files now because you have them in the .zip)

hope that helps, I know it makes them a little smaller, and it DEFINATLY speeds up the transfer times..

I hear you can shrink the mp3s a little and save even more space like that, but they sounded SO shitty after I did it, I didnt feel like messing up all my rebuilt roms. but you can play with Blaze Media Pro and see if it works out for you.

good luck!

Illegal Machine
May 18th, 2006, 10:20
Can someone PLEASE read that site and tell us where that command.dat goes??

anyone who reads Japanese? I know someone can

Vega
May 18th, 2006, 11:21
Jayman

You can't zip the WHOLE thing. you have your folder, call it Metal Slug inside there you have a folder neocd.mp3, then you have all your loose gamefiles.

make a new winrar.zip archive, and put ALL those gamefiles in there, name that Metal Slug.zip

so you have the Metal Slug folder, and inside that is Metal Slug.zip, and neocd.mp3 (which of course contains all your Mp3s (you can get rid of all those loose files now because you have them in the .zip)

hope that helps, I know it makes them a little smaller, and it DEFINATLY speeds up the transfer times..

I hear you can shrink the mp3s a little and save even more space like that, but they sounded SO shitty after I did it, I didnt feel like messing up all my rebuilt roms. but you can play with Blaze Media Pro and see if it works out for you.

good luck!

k, when u say PUT ALL THE FILES into the metalslug.zip folder which u just created, does this include the MP3s aswell? so i have 2 copies of all the mp3's?

Seems that the Metalslug I have only contains 2 files (iso and cue) so is it just these 2 files that go in or is it these files plus the mp3's?

Sorry for soundin like a noob but i have had no luck with neo cd emus recently.:confused:

b8a
May 18th, 2006, 11:36
Aaaah! More mass confusion brought to you by a "Google Translation"!!! As soon as you see "Google translation", that should be an immediate clue that you would be better off pulling out a Japanese dictionary and trying to make sense of it on your own.

I've re-translated select portions of his page (which, if you haven't checked it out yet, looks like it's now formatted for viewing on the PSP's native browser):
<div style="width:95%; margin: auto; margin-top: 1%; margin-bottom: 1%; padding: 2%; background-color:rgb(230,230,230); border: thin black solid"><u><b>Completed Changes/Fixes</b></u><ul><li>Reduced the size of the font data</li><li>Made a Japanese font.</li><li>Made a font for use with the command list.</li><li>Fixed the anti-aliasing when drawing the font.</li></ul>

<u><b>Currently Working On</b></u><ul><li>Command list and simple text viewer function.<br />(I might give up on the text viewer)</li></ul>

<u><b>Impossible To Implement</b></u><ul><li>Wireless multiplayer feature.<br /><span style="font-size: smaller">This is due to the fact that I only own one PSP which will run homemade software and would be unable to test this</span></li></ul></div>Additionally, he posted this comment:
<div style="width:95%; margin: auto; margin-top: 1%; margin-bottom: 1%; padding: 2%; background-color:rgb(230,230,230); border: thin black solid">I had wanted to implement adhoc and what not, but since I only own one PSP from before FW 1.5, it's impossible. I already own two, so I have no desire to buy any more than this.</div>Since he's got two PSP's, there's a pretty good chance that the other one is homebrew compatible as well (although there is an equally good chance that he's already updated to 2.70), and if I remember right, he's mentioned owning GTA in the past. I know that a number of adhoc compatible emulators have been released lately, does anyone know precisely what it takes to allow 2.01+ compatible homebrew to communicate wirelessly with any other homebrew compatible firmware (including 1.00, 1.50)? If I knew these details then I'd email him to see if there's anything actually preventing him from implementing this feature.

Illegal-
Just place the command.dat file in the same folder as the eboot.

Vega
May 18th, 2006, 13:52
AAAAAH Never mind, got it working :)
This emu is pretty fast too. Great work!

luis_05
May 19th, 2006, 00:09
Everytime i turn off my psp and start the neo geo emulator i get this error: could not reserve audio channel (sound). what can i be doing wrong? I deleted everything in state folder and it works again but i soon as i turn turn off the psp it gives me the same error :-( Help anybody!!!

smoky
May 19th, 2006, 01:20
with firmware 2.6 ... which folder are u supposed to put inside the psp... the 1.0 ... or the 1.5.... ?:confused:

luis_05
May 19th, 2006, 01:55
1.5 dude!!

smoky
May 19th, 2006, 02:01
yo luis where do i get the missing files " NEOCD.BIN (BIOS) and where do i get the other one " loading.bmp
???...

smoky
May 19th, 2006, 02:03
it only comes with the EBOOT and the logo.bmp .... have any idea where the other ones are?...

luis_05
May 19th, 2006, 02:20
yup! u have to google them. we cannot post them here, email me. ;)

smoky
May 19th, 2006, 02:22
whats ur email?....

Andraik
May 19th, 2006, 02:23
Awesome emu!

V3N0M
May 19th, 2006, 02:28
Jayman

good luck!

Thank you very much. Ya i think it will save some space by zipping them but does anyone know if it runs slower. For example Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, Samarui Shodown 4

V3N0M
May 19th, 2006, 03:03
Amazing all my games run faster ziped and the loading times are great. Not to menton i save a ton of space.

V3N0M
May 19th, 2006, 03:07
k, when u say PUT ALL THE FILES into the metalslug.zip folder which u just created, does this include the MP3s aswell? so i have 2 copies of all the mp3's?

Seems that the Metalslug I have only contains 2 files (iso and cue) so is it just these 2 files that go in or is it these files plus the mp3's?

Sorry for soundin like a noob but i have had no luck with neo cd emus recently.:confused:

The neocd.mp3 folder does not go in the Metal Slug.zip folder.

smoky
May 19th, 2006, 03:15
okay i need help... can someone guide me step by step instructions.. ive been at it for 3 hours.. i get the emu to work but when i load it up and i load the bios i push start .. and it doesnt work.. the only thing that works is the part where it says " memory "... theres also this lil player on the side that has the play button the rewind the stop.. pause.. etc... can anyone help me step by step... i cant seem to figure it out.. its way different then other homebrew....

smoky
May 19th, 2006, 03:38
nevermind i got it to work...

danzivar
May 19th, 2006, 08:36
COMMAND DAT! which ver to use and how is it accessed
i cant seem to get this feature to work has anybody got the command dat working?

Mr. Shizzy
May 19th, 2006, 09:16
Could some one explain the improvements of this over the last version? I have that one running fine. But if this version is better I'll update

b8a
May 19th, 2006, 10:46
Could some one explain the improvements of this over the last version? I have that one running fine. But if this version is better I'll updateI haven't used this, but there is absolutely no indication that there are any run time improvements (or differences for that matter) in this version. NJ is obviously very dedicated to fully realizing this project, and we've been seeing a lot of cosmetic changes as he polishes it up, and every indication points to this release being purely cosmetic with extra functionality arguably unrelated to the hardware emulation. If the last one works fine for you and you're not concerned with any of the announced bonus and cosmetic changes, then you'll be fine sticking with the previous version.

smoky
May 19th, 2006, 12:17
this one does run very very smooth on mine.. it hasnt freezed up yet on any of the games ive played... it also has a save state thing.. but i dont know if they had that in the previous version...

reikawulfs
May 19th, 2006, 18:27
ehh is there ne way to get the full screen?? oh by the way my games des not work when i zip it only unziped am i doin someting wrong??

reikawulfs
May 19th, 2006, 18:32
mmmmm is ne way to make it faster??i played metal slug2 is not that bad but king of fighters 98 is kind of slow is it supossed to be like that?

mukunku
June 8th, 2006, 12:29
yeah. how can we make it faster?