PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Best Flash Cart for DSI/DS/DS Lite?

wraggster
September 28th, 2009, 09:26
Been a while since ive asked the community this question and because of recent developments in the homebrew community i feel that a refresher is needed, Nintendo as we now know can update the firmware of the DSI which can render flashcarts useless (at the time of update) but also the Homebrew only DSI Player can play GBA on the DS/DSI/DS Lite, for DSI Owners it gives the ability to play thousands of Homebrew on the DSI.

Is the best Flash Cart for the DSI not the Best for the DS Lite?

so Whats the Best Flash Cart for DSI/DS/DS Lite?

replies via comments

indaman
September 28th, 2009, 12:08
Well...

If you have no plan playing commercial nds game backup.

You can go with the Iplayer, it offers the best video/music playback, and also gba on DS/DSLite/DSi with no addition, and free NDS Homebrews.

Otherwise, you can have a look at M3iZero, because of the fantastic Sakura interface + You can update it without the need of a working DS (via a little usb cable), in case you plan to use it on DSi.

Finally, if you don't have a DSi, the best flashcart is the CycloDS, the best feature, built quality, compatibility, team support... an awesome flashcart, only lacks DSi compatibility... :(

Flygon
September 28th, 2009, 13:39
I would have said the DSTTi in the past.

But not anymore.

The cart is unstable (Sometimes it seems to just disconnect as if it were loose), while this is a minor gripe and does not happen often, it is annoying none-the-less.

Plus the whole white colour scheme is annoying, along with the fact that the Micro SD card is just sticking out, waiting to be accidentally nudged.

D.S.Darkness
September 28th, 2009, 21:26
Gonna go with Cyclo Evolution, very easy to use, Ingame Menus skin able, over all Very nice, a little pricey but well worth it.

skipboris
September 29th, 2009, 01:31
CycloDS Evolution. It's awesome.

kurtless
September 29th, 2009, 02:26
I likes my Edge, but I heard it doesn't work with the DSi.

rancor01
September 29th, 2009, 04:01
Agree with the CycloDS. I've had a Supercard, an R4, and the Cyclo, and its by far the best. Great community, constant firmware updates and a great interface program that runs on my mac.

firedragon_jing
September 29th, 2009, 04:24
My favorite is the Acekard 2i, works in my DSi, great menu, custom firmware of AKAIO

mattsaysfooey
September 30th, 2009, 04:43
I have gone through two ez flash V's,a acekard and then finally broke down and bought a cyclo some time ago.
No problems at all since. My friend also went through two ez flash V's - very poor quality build.

November 7th, 2009, 20:51
I here everywhere that the CycloDS is hands down the best flash card for the NDS. Two questions, with the CycloDS can you play GBA games without any other hardware (slot-2 device not required). And, are there any other Slot-1 devices that allow play of GBA games without slot-2 devies, like the EZ-Flash V 3-in-1. Also, if you have a cycloDS what's the point of having a EZ-Flash V 3-in-1?

key west
January 8th, 2010, 00:12
I just purchased a cyclo but I have NO idea what I am doing with it NO info came with it. I have a SD card as well, but what do I do with it now. I tried down loading games on the SD and then putting this in the DS, but it isn't working any ideas????