PDA

View Full Version : 'Earthworm Jim' (PSP) - News and Screens

wraggster
May 17th, 2006, 17:45
Earthworm Jim remains true to its past while revels in all the delights that today’s technology and portable gaming advancements offer. The story unfolds through the gameplay situations Jim finds himself in, and through the characters he meets and environments he explores. Jim continues his fight against the Queen and her allies, while his love for Princess-What’s-Her-Name grows, and his ever-lasting friendship with Peter Puppy is still a key element in his life. Like its predecessors, the game will feature imaginative and outrageous characters, playground-like-open-level-designs that are ripe for exploration, and a slew of puzzles, power-ups and zany environments. All characters, environments and effects will be crafted in 3D and Jim will sport a new look that is sleek and fresh. An expanded arsenal of moves and attacks will be available and two-player competition modes provide extended gameplay and unique experiences.

Check out the rest of the article and screenshots over at Worthplaying (http://www.worthplaying.com/e3_2006.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1235)

10shu
May 17th, 2006, 18:04
lol...is it only me or the snes version look much better???

Airdevil
May 17th, 2006, 18:41
lol...is it only me or the snes version look much better???

its not only u

cal360
May 17th, 2006, 19:09
it could be made a lot better, it looks like they haven't even tried making it look good

geise69
May 17th, 2006, 19:10
*sigh*...why do so many companies feel that by making something 3d will automatically be better than 2d. I just don't get it. This game I know isn't done yet but the Genesis/Snes versions look 490809875908734089673098 times better than this. The Genesis version is hands down the best. Even more so than the snes version. Well my opinion anyways. I had both, but man I need to stay far away from this game. Especially since Doug tennapel has nothing to do with this game. Also when you have nicely detailed smooth animated sprites in any game it pretty much is near impossible to translate well into 3d. It's just not possible.

idapimp
May 17th, 2006, 19:10
i hope the make it look better. but cool anyways. now if some one could only make a decent beavis and butthead game or ren and stimpy.

Voltron
May 17th, 2006, 19:24
I'm all for classics being brought to the PSP but ONLY if they are enhanced. I really love what was done with Lemmings, Gradius Portable, Worms, Mega Man, & others. Soon we will have another great upgrade with Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins which is very exciting.

But I was very dissapointed with Midway Arcade Treasures where the games are the SAME as their 20+ year older versions.

Price is also an issue. I don't think gamers should be expected to pay $39.99 for these sorts of titles. $19.99 - 29.99 would be more than reasonable and would sell more copies.

I hope this game is done right on the PSP and more classics follow in its path.

Apoklepz
May 17th, 2006, 21:15
This sucks!

They shouldn't mess with such a fun classic in this way! What Capcom has done with Megaman X (Not Megaman:Powered Up...it was more like LittleMan:Pooped Down) and Ghost & Goblins I can accept, but this is downright intolerable.... Can't believe they don't realize that by taking away the 2D cartoony look they're totally turning the original brilliant formula into a very, very dull one... Who wants to laugh at a 3D Earthworm Jim looking all choppy and clunky like that??? Boring.

Everybody working on the development of this huge crap (even if they worked on the first one in SHINY...they're betraying the old, cool style) deserves a whole year of getting they're balls and vaginas kicked with Shaquille O'Neal size sneakers.

...And I thought this was good news....meh.

Paiku
May 17th, 2006, 21:53
wth, haha earthworm jim. classic.

felonyr301
May 17th, 2006, 22:00
what you talking about willace lol both mega man enhanced versions were hot and yes these games should only be 20 bucks and thats it.

Apoklepz
May 17th, 2006, 22:05
what you talking about willace lol both mega man enhanced versions were hot and yes these games should only be 20 bucks and thats it.

Well, yeah...If that's your opinion, fine then.
But I really didn't like the "cuteness" in Powered Up...It just ruined it for me. I did fall for the level editor thingie though, so I at least gave it a rent...but I would never buy that game, sorry.

crazyjohn
May 17th, 2006, 22:26
Personally I dont think it looks too bad, at least they've gone back to the 2D platformer style. I own the 64 version and he looks *alot* clunkier and the game is a 3d platformer. Its pretty crap.... this one looks better.

jman420
May 17th, 2006, 22:34
well it would be somthing to buy just for the sake of playing it again on your psp..

I personaly would rather download TYL .042 and the rom . . .

I dont see why companys that pay to make games dont get wise and use subtle ways of making it 3D, like paper mario, a side scroller with the 3d movement plane.

either way, yeah.. I prefer the old school graphics for the old school games, they dont need updated..

BALL_SAC
May 18th, 2006, 00:01
This looks lame... just like that n64 earthworm jim.
They should bring a snes game back to life like boogerman or something funny like that. Earth worm Jim and Booger man are enemies ( in clay fighters 64 story line)

geise69
May 18th, 2006, 01:40
I guess no one's played the Genesis version?

matt2k
May 18th, 2006, 03:36
The only thing that the Genesis version had over the SNES was one extra level. The sound was cleaner in the SNES (his gun) as well as having more colors. However, the sega cd version had the extra level from the genesis, as well as a brand new level as well. It also added extra parts to the existing levels. Not to mention the cd quality music.

I'm all for Earthworm Jim on PSP, but for something overlyanimated to be converted to 3d looks weird. I was impressed with how the 2 megamans turned out, and I do look for forward to the new G&G.

I hope all turns out okay.

Apoklepz
May 18th, 2006, 21:12
Yeah...I too preffer the Genesis ver to the Snes one... But I like the Sequel better on Snes because the puppy-catching level looks amazing for a SNES game.

geise69
May 19th, 2006, 13:18
I love EJ 2 on my Sega Saturn. The cd music was great and added a lot to an already amazing game. I don't think the Saturn version had anything extra though.