PDA

View Full Version : Monkey 64 v2.0 Source

PSmonkey
May 17th, 2006, 19:32
Ok, I ment to post this sooner but was holding off so I can clean up the commenting. Since some people are so hell bent on proving daedalus did everything or I just fully stole every line of code from pj64, I desided to just post anways and if they need suport they can go **** them selfs.

Anyways here is the source. If any coders need serious suport or have questions. Feel free to contact me via PMs or on my forums.

Download Via Comments

PSmonkey
May 17th, 2006, 19:37
Note, If your post to this thread has nothing to do with the source code or programming, Then save it for another topic.

ciauz1
May 17th, 2006, 20:47
I hope that u don't stop to work on this emu!!!

sebwells
May 17th, 2006, 20:47
Compiles straight away, thanks for sharing.

Pop-Tart
May 17th, 2006, 20:49
Im' not a coder or anything great like u PSmonkey but i really think you shouldnt post a source to your emulator cuss other people might take some of ur work and make on of there own emulator then the next thing u'll see is 5 n64 emulators based off your hard work and coding.

u sholdnt worry what people think about ur emulator, remember u were the first and there are people that are with u all the way. Im beging to code and its not that easy all these people that say mokey64 sucks, monkey this monkey that, they dont know how hard it is for u, all they know how to do is put people down. well sorry i typed so much. So forget every one that keeps sayin stupid shit and **** them. just remember your doin something for the psp community. and if the want u to throw in the towel well then throw a brick and tell them they can eat shit!

Keep on codin. We Love u PSmonkey

(i hope that didn't sound gay.lol)

sebwells
May 17th, 2006, 21:40
Im' not a coder or anything great like u PSmonkey but i really think you shouldnt post a source to your emulator cuss other people might take some of ur work and make on of there own emulator then the next thing u'll see is 5 n64 emulators based off your hard work and coding.

u sholdnt worry what people think about ur emulator, remember u were the first and there are people that are with u all the way. Im beging to code and its not that easy all these people that say mokey64 sucks, monkey this monkey that, they dont know how hard it is for u, all they know how to do is put people down. well sorry i typed so much. So forget every one that keeps sayin stupid shit and **** them. just remember your doin something for the psp community. and if the want u to throw in the towel well then throw a brick and tell them they can eat shit!

Keep on codin. We Love u PSmonkey

(i hope that didn't sound gay.lol)

Sharing is a very mature attitude and overall will result in a better community. As with all open source software proper credits should always be given to the people who put in all the hard work to make it happen (psmonkey).

sroon
May 17th, 2006, 21:47
How do you install the source fill corectly?

DPyro
May 17th, 2006, 21:57
This is only for programmers who are actually interested. If you don't know how to use the makefile, then your oviously not a programmer....

Cap'n 1time
May 17th, 2006, 21:57
How do you install the source fill corectly?

check the readme

Install psp sdk. Simplest way to do this is download the sdk installer form www.devkitpro.org.
Run the buildme.bat file (or execute the makefile).

DessyDago
May 17th, 2006, 23:28
monkey if you posted this for all those dumba**es who said you stole your code, then you shouldn't waste ur team they won't be greatful ever. F um, we all appreciate your work. Thanks.

Celvin
May 17th, 2006, 23:54
Sadly, this won't make much difference to the flamers. Releasing the source was still the right thing to do, though.
You should know that the majority of the community wishes you the best of luck with your emulator. Pay no attention to the few feeble minded people that tries to disencourage you. Chances are, they feed off from putting other people down online, because in reality they are probably bullied with and unpopular(as in, they don't get very well along with common people). It's the biggest cliché really.

Demolition49
May 18th, 2006, 00:04
Its nice to see the source released...

I am a ameteur PSP programmer :) and i know its hard to learn the basics...

C++ seems to have alot of unnessacary code compared to other code...

Plus i really dont think you feel you should have to proove yourself... you were the first to have an N64 emulator so i dont see how you could have stolen code when you were the first to make it...

Anyway... i will have a look at the code... i doubt i can contribute very much since im not so good at coding.

PSmonkey
May 18th, 2006, 00:14
I just feel like showing how stupid they are.

I mean god they are now saying, Seee we now have proof you stole from pj64 & strmn. Yet if they actualy looked there is not a single line from daedalus in my code. All strmn helped me with was telling me maybe my bug is from not flushing the cache. So I added the DCacheWriteBack so it flushed the texture data back to memory.

I know I dont have to prove anything but with it out, maybe someone will find some use in it all.

Idiots at pspu are only hurting them self since the admins are ip banning them from posting comments on all sites.

rivera82falcon
May 18th, 2006, 01:35
I haven't coded much except for a silly calculator (still learning), and I know it's not easy work! Excellent job you have done! Don't let children pull you away from your work and keep doing what you do best!!!

Damian666
May 18th, 2006, 02:10
I just posted something about people harrasing you, it angers me deeply, so I've asked permission from DarkSaviour69 if I could report anyone who speaks ungreatfully about you. Once I get his message back, I'll be by your side to defend you.

P.S.-I would love to help you on your quest for the perfect Nintendo 64 emulator for the PSP, but I don't have much experience in coding.

Ahhmmogh
May 18th, 2006, 02:26
hi this is my first post , ure an incredible Coder and its amazing wat u do , i dont no y u even put the info on pspu but still ure amazing and dont let the flamers get to u , they cant do shit cept just cry

Keep up the amazing work

tremblay
May 18th, 2006, 02:27
PSMonkey,

Please know that I'm not accusing anyone of anything here, nor am I looking to incite any hostilites. I have no idea what all this crap is about people accusing you or whatever, and I really don't care either.

I decided to juxtapose your code with project64's and I did notice some (very) striking similarities in the code blocks I looked at. I'm not saying you stole anything. I mean, pj64 is open source. I'm just curious if you may collaborated at all with the authors of project64.

Thanks,

Karl

Damian666
May 18th, 2006, 02:40
No he has not Tremblay, he started his project from the ground up. There are many people here that can tell you this. And, I'm one of them.

PSPtwister
May 18th, 2006, 03:07
at pspupdates,they're all saying that it was a complete copy of pj64,i dont believe them of course,you worked very hard on your emulator and there shouldn't be any flamers at all,they should keep it all to themselves,not spread their opinions everywhere....

nyrtrublue
May 18th, 2006, 03:09
dont even worry about the doubters they are a bunch of window lickers who have their head up their ass 23 hours a day and occasionally come out to breathe but they prolly cant and wont do shit ever in their life

tremblay
May 18th, 2006, 03:10
No he has not Tremblay, he started his project from the ground up. There are many people here that can tell you this. And, I'm one of them.

If that is the case then what is the explanation for the similarities in the code of the two projects? I mean, some of the code blocks are absolutely identical.

Damian666
May 18th, 2006, 03:39
What do you wish for me to say, I've been watching him ever since he has started this project. I've always downloaded every update he could dish out at us. And, for that I'm greatful, sure I'm not part of his project, but at least I can tell you it's not a port of some other emulator. If you want to start something, then please discuss it with the Administrators. I'm sure you can work something out with them, if you continue this discussion.

Cap'n 1time
May 18th, 2006, 03:55
dont start the flame wars. if monkey says he made it from scratch, then he made it from scratch. All of this shit is started by know nothings or donkey dumbasses. Even if parts of the code were used/ are similare from pj64 and etc, he did not steal them as some suggest. I'm sure you can find code similarities in almost every n64 emulator, that really dosnt mean anything.

i honestly believe this was all started by donkey and his annoying ass "brother". just dont read the pspu stuff, its a waste of time.

deanspeed
May 18th, 2006, 05:03
@ tremblay
I'm no coder but i can imagine that there might be similarities if there are any because they are both n64 emulators also if I'm not mistaken monkey got some help from the creator of project 64, i could be wrong though so don't hold me up on this.

@ PSmonkey
thank you so much for the great work you have been putting in to this emulator. I support you %100 and always will, good luck and have fun coding.

PSmonkey
May 18th, 2006, 05:45
PSMonkey,

Please know that I'm not accusing anyone of anything here, nor am I looking to incite any hostilites. I have no idea what all this crap is about people accusing you or whatever, and I really don't care either.

I decided to juxtapose your code with project64's and I did notice some (very) striking similarities in the code blocks I looked at. I'm not saying you stole anything. I mean, pj64 is open source. I'm just curious if you may collaborated at all with the authors of project64.

Thanks,

Karl

I know what you mean (mostly stdinc which has common parts. what can I say, zilmar's opcode union is the most efficent way to handle it. dma, exception & timer are also heavly borrowed from pj64). Yet again, I have not once hid that I heavly based on pj64. Zilmar not only knows this & does not have a problem with it.

The thing is, I did not port over pj64 and go from there. I did start from the ground up with the first instruction. Hell if you actualy span across most pc emu, most have simularities or borrow from other emulators.

Another thing is I have always said that the hle is quazai port of glN64. It's also heavly based on old versions so I can see how everything flows. I am planning to rewrite alot to take the psp cache into account.

stotheamuel
May 18th, 2006, 07:01
yeah i know... there acting like your a bad person cause u didnt invent n64 emus all together.....

V3N0M
May 18th, 2006, 07:31
Well ya... i mean don't revent the wheel just build on top of many great ideas thats the best way to get the best emu. lol i just don't understand why people are so anal when it comes to things like this. Why aren't people just happy if someone is making one, BTW free of charge. Just for the love of coding. And who cares where he got ideas from! lol ya know. I trust PSmonkey and from all the times i have talked to him, He is an Honorable person. Someone to look up to. So thats that. And PSmonkey when i first ment you and heard what you were doing i said i had faith in you where others didn't. And i still do. So no worrys and keep up the great work!!!

INKED
May 18th, 2006, 07:42
seriously monkey you shouldnt of given in to the peer presure of clowns **** them you do good work i would have waited for u 2 finish this shit!!! then again im just a drunken canadian ;)

scorekeeper
May 18th, 2006, 08:14
Hey,

I saw the source code and it's more than 95% different so you *****s that say it is copied go away , anyways even copying a source code 100% is hard cause the language for coding is different , and this is not copied.

SNES9xTYL is a port of sNES9x, which runs on PC. It's a great emulator and no one dares complain about the source of the code, right?
Project64 is also running on PC. So even if Monkey inspires itself or even ports the code, where is the damn point complaining about this?

If anyone here actually checked the code, they would see that pj64 and Monkey64 are completely different.

PJ64 Source: http://www.pj64.net/main/download/func,select/id,3/

Don't just listen to some bollocks posters!

Even if it WAS the same code, which it isn't, there would be a huge amount of work porting it (especially an emulator). Also, the PJ64 system requirements are extremely steep, nothing the PSP could handle. Even toning down settings would not accomplish that. Furthermore, PJ64 is written in C, whereas Monkey64 is in C++ (So how can newbie’s flame him).

I am fully behind you and your work but I myself would never have released the ode until a later time when you have improved the emulator. As if you did it then, the code will be improved and LESS (Yes, I said less) will flame you.

Keep on going Monkey.

ScoreKeeper

Accordion
May 18th, 2006, 09:15
the worlds gone mad
i have nearly lost hope
are we so corrupted as to refuse gifts so great

Vega
May 18th, 2006, 11:45
Yea I think sharing this source is the right thing to do also. And think about it, if someone WAS to tweak this emu and bring it out in their name, then we (and any respectable homebrewer) would know that it is the work of The Monkey.
Very mature attitude towards sharing this source. I have no idea about coding at all, so its not much use to me, but indeed..... another step towards n64 emulation on our PSPs.
Well done Monkey.

Demolition49
May 18th, 2006, 13:32
You know what i keep hearing... people are saying

"OH YEAH, i hope somone works on Monkeys code and Fixes up all the crap he has done"

They are acting like monkey has given up and every post i have seen like that i have had to reply with a long reply because it gets me annoyed how ignorant people can be.

PS.

I had a look at the code PSmonkey and its amazing, there is obviously going to be some resemblence to other N64 emulators, because your all aiming to achieve the same thing.

People are so ignorant somtimes.

Cap'n 1time
May 18th, 2006, 13:53
You know what i keep hearing... people are saying

"OH YEAH, i hope somone works on Monkeys code and Fixes up all the crap he has done"

They are acting like monkey has given up and every post i have seen like that i have had to reply with a long reply because it gets me annoyed how ignorant people can be.

PS.

I had a look at the code PSmonkey and its amazing, there is obviously going to be some resemblence to other N64 emulators, because your all aiming to achieve the same thing.

People are so ignorant somtimes.

you know.. that avatar is fitting of you. riley is a wise one and so are you. :)

PSPHax0r9
May 18th, 2006, 14:38
Screw the comments section.

byerlyct
May 18th, 2006, 15:20
where would i go to learn how to program and stuff because i would love to work on this

Wally
May 18th, 2006, 16:09
To be honest with you guys.

I emailed Dan one of the heads of QJ, he was very nice yadayada yada.

He has turned off the comments for the source release of M64 which also he banned the iPS causing trouble (same guy trolling with different names, yoyo was one)

I only did this to make PSPu a better place for everyone.

AFAIK dcemu and PJ are on the same level in webstats if you compare them.

Cheerio

wally

StealthCP
May 18th, 2006, 17:32
Do not get pissed off with the no-brainers. I see you, like everyone else, only notices when people slag your work, instead of praise it. It is a common concept of the human brain; do not let it take over. Although Daedalus port is good, it is as is written, a port, and therefore will never be as good as one from scratch. He has less bugs (due to a fully functional emulator for the PC), you have speed. Eventually your rendering problems will decrease, his speed will not increase: the code used is too much for the PSP to process it quickly enough. He fiddled with the code until it worked on the PSP, you built the code from dust for the PSP. All you can do is point and laugh at him, as everyone seems to be so stupid to realize that PSMonkey hasn't released every little stage of his emulator to the public! In time, people will come to realize that you have better optimization, and I hope you go well with dealing with out of memory problems. We already have that in Daedalus. (Problems with memory, not fixed :p)

Demolition49
May 18th, 2006, 18:33
you know.. that avatar is fitting of you. riley is a wise one and so are you. :)

Thanks,

And on another note (this is to stealthcp)

PSmonkey and Strmnnmmmn *cant spell it

are both brilliant coders, they both have respect for eachother, why divide them?

I have support for PSmonkey but i have RESPECT for both coders.

I do not take sides to either arguments, because they both help and like eachother... its a healthy competition... without it alot of things in general life would be messed up.

Hanfraucher
May 18th, 2006, 19:12
PSmonkey, two things to say to you:

Nr.1: You'r da man! Your work is awsome. Please never forget this. What you do on contribution is just overwhelming. I'm not a programmer, but I published grafic (hack) patches for Ultima Online for several years. It was never ever that consuming that a N64 emu, but even if I look back now. Shit, it used up so much time, but delivering cool stuff to peoples and the honor and respect etc you get is just overwhelming and WORTH it!!

Nr.2: 80% of the ppl of forums are morons. I mean, look at some popular producer's forums. World of Warcraft forums for example. 99% bullshit and trashtalk. UO has no official forums, but stratics, nuff said. People are using the internet to anonymly hang out they'r evil side and just shittalk on forums.

Points to:
http://carcino.gen.nz/images/image.phpi/463c5922/arguing.jpg?cb=1115204527

feethum
May 18th, 2006, 20:29
i think it is realy shockin that some people ar disin u monkey:( )

PSmonkey
May 18th, 2006, 23:55
*speach speach*

Ahem ok.

**** the *****es, **** the loosers, **** the children (chef would love to **** your ***hole kid), **** **** ****!! :) fyi, i did type that with *, its not forum censorship hw.

Anyways all is good, yes yes. Anyways I figured out a great way to boost my moral. Anyways Iris alpha might be up tonight and a small anoucement of a new project (3d, not emu, and just a short project).

So stay tuned.

ExcruciationX
May 19th, 2006, 00:44
A New Project!?!

Shilo
May 19th, 2006, 00:49
Maybe a new game?

Psycho77
May 19th, 2006, 01:14
Anyways all is good, yes yes. Anyways I figured out a great way to boost my moral. Anyways Iris alpha might be up tonight and a small anoucement of a new project (3d, not emu, and just a short project).

So stay tuned.

OH so you realeasing your PS1 emulator soon ?

Wally
May 19th, 2006, 01:26
I think i know what it is..

:)

I cant tell anyone though

Timale-Kun
May 19th, 2006, 02:16

So stay tuned.

New Project!!! great news, can't wait to know what it is about^^

BrooksyX
May 19th, 2006, 02:16
bring on the iris release! and the new project too.

Andraik
May 19th, 2006, 02:20
I don't care what they say PSMONKEY you rock!

PSmonkey
May 19th, 2006, 04:52
Wally, Not that one. This one you dont know about since I desided to to it at 5pm today. :P

That other one wont see the light of day for a really really really long time. Also don't speak of that one. It don't exsist till its running.

Cooe14
May 19th, 2006, 05:14
So you have two unknown projects?!? AWESOME can't wait to see what they will be.

dagger89
May 19th, 2006, 05:16
/dagger89 crosses fingers that new project = ps1 emu... Speaking of which, whats going on w/ pspsp1 or whatever its called?

ExcruciationX
May 19th, 2006, 05:26
OK, make that TWO projects!

stotheamuel
May 19th, 2006, 05:33
you like south park monkey??? cool sorry spam

but i wish things hadn't had to come down to that and you still didnt really shut up the flamers

and i actualy compared all 3 for a few hours (pj64 monkey and daedalus)

and there was practicly nothing yet some similarity but still they are all n64 emulators.. and 2 of them are on the same system

Wally
May 19th, 2006, 05:34
Hmm well i guess "I know nothing :D"

Cooe14
May 19th, 2006, 05:38
"Put's a gun to wally's head and demands to know the new project or he will blast wally's brains out" :D

ExcruciationX
May 19th, 2006, 05:56
LOL! Yes, hand over the source code to, or else. ;)

PSmonkey
May 19th, 2006, 06:41
I will anounce 1 project in a few mins. Other one does not exsist till things progress. Neither are a ps1 emu.

Cooe14
May 19th, 2006, 06:51
I will anounce 1 project in a few mins. Other one does not exsist till things progress. Neither are a ps1 emu.
cool! and I fiqured it wouldn't be a ps1 emu taking on two major emulators at the same time would kill you :)

quzar
May 19th, 2006, 14:01
PSmonkey, I would strongly reccomend branding the source code with some sort of license for terms of use, such as gpl, lgpl, or bsd. Or make up your own, if not you might just end up seeing large chunks of your code go uncredited with no legal leg to stand on to refute it.

stotheamuel
May 19th, 2006, 14:09
i noticed that too, be careful monkey!

PSmonkey
May 20th, 2006, 00:42
PSmonkey, I would strongly reccomend branding the source code with some sort of license for terms of use, such as gpl, lgpl, or bsd. Or make up your own, if not you might just end up seeing large chunks of your code go uncredited with no legal leg to stand on to refute it.

Agreed but at the moment I dont care that much. There are more then enough open source emus out there and if someone actualy has enough brain power to reuse my src on his own emu, thats more brain power then the idiots flaming me on other forums.

vettacossx
May 31st, 2006, 06:46
ALL PSP HOMEBREW IS BASED on the fact that SAOTOME MADE IT POSSIBLE FIRST SO EVERYONES WORK IS BASED OF MANY OTHERS gr8 I(DEAS...

im proud to see the communitys BEST WORK TOGETHER the coders are not the problem at all its the un-educated know it alls.....ive learned soooo much just by observing and not speculating....but rather.....researching;)

i mean ZILMAR , PSMONKEY, and STRNM are all ASSETS to the scene but how are they to keep there insentive to nurture us noncoding 92% if they have to take time out to make a post like this....i for one find this to be insulting news for DCemu psp news....because we are VERY PROUD INDEED to have PSMONKEY as our ICON favorite coder..AND HOW GENIOUS to base your emu of the BEST N64 emulator ever made....if you understand the POINT of the " SOURCE CODE" then you relise that ALL coders BASE there work on anothers MORE THAN THAT ON SAOTOMES WORK SO>.....if your not reading.....
your missing out on the best part of DCemu ....a free education ;)

fart1231
June 6th, 2006, 19:10
i dont get how to use monkey 64 everytime i go to play a game it says corrupt file plus i dont know where to put the microcode please tell me step by step how to use it or email me [email protected]

sroon
August 25th, 2006, 17:59
i dont get how to use monkey 64 everytime i go to play a game it says corrupt file plus i dont know where to put the microcode please tell me step by step how to use it or email me [email protected]
teehee your name iz funny!
( O ) ( O );)

Almamu
August 29th, 2007, 23:52
I have had an idea of like causing that the emulator with no need works to have version 2.0. Everything demo of PSP contains a Paternal Control, if this control does not determine the emulator does not work, but also is other codes that cause that the PSP reads them, single it is question to publish we give them of PSP and to find out that it is what makes lack.

That it programs you use to create the emulator?
It is for investigating a little.

DPyro
August 30th, 2007, 00:15
English please :o

Almamu
August 30th, 2007, 21:40
the text is in English, but i use the Google Traductor to write in English. I talk Spanish.

Use the Control Patern in the code of EBOOT.PBP for use the emulator in the new versions of firmware 2.0 or upper.
Sorry if not to understand, like I to say it previously I to use google Translator.