PDA

View Full Version : So Anyone Getting a PSP Go ?

wraggster
September 28th, 2009, 18:01
Just interested if any of you are getting a PSPGo and indeed whats selling it to you.

If you arent interested and are thinking of opting to go with say a PSP3000 for a new console, what would make you change your mind and buy a PSPgo.

Im sure if there was a Custom Firmware for the PSPgo that would be a big thumps up to selling some PSPGos in the Homebrew Community

So Anyone Getting a PSP Go ?

replies via comments

symbal
September 28th, 2009, 18:10
How many No's can fit on this page?

osgeld
September 28th, 2009, 18:25
well heres another

No, its too expensive, its too cheaply built and it works with nothing i currently own

what would make me change my mind?

A way to get my umd games on it without having to buy them again (for full price), compatibility with my current accessories and cables, user replaceable battery (cause sony batteries die quick) and of course CFW

edit: also slash at least 100$ off the price

pkmaximum
September 28th, 2009, 18:54
Absolutely "no" this new sliding console design honestly does nothing but makes me hate the device. They put their start and select button where you would think a dam second analog stick would go -_-

The price how can they charge so much for a dam PSP? There is nothing special about it they even ripped out the UMD drive and put a cheap 16gb flash in to my understanding.

AdamRav
September 28th, 2009, 19:03
No

Zin0099
September 28th, 2009, 19:18
well sorry but yes cuss i need a mp3 player with bluetooth
cuss at work i've seen too many times my mp3 player flies out of my pocket because i hit my headphones to hard

and no i don't like samsung and ipod touch too much even if they have bluetooth in it but i do like sandisk and they don't even have bluetooth

yakumo
September 28th, 2009, 19:22
cuss at work i've seen too many times my mp3 player flies out of my pocket because i hit my headphones to hard

and no i don't like samsung and ipod touch too much even if they have bluetooth in it but i do like sandisk and they don't even have bluetooth

Try Cowon.

sappo
September 28th, 2009, 19:31
No, it sucks too much. My PSP1000 is better than it.

SpaceAgeHero
September 28th, 2009, 19:36
Yes, getting one as soon as CFW can be flashed. Should be pretty awesome with CFW.

symbal
September 28th, 2009, 20:40

Buy a phone.. there's plenty that work well as an mp3/mp4 player for half the price and quarter the hassle.

Eviltaco64
September 28th, 2009, 20:49
Nay, I say. Nay!

Zack
September 28th, 2009, 21:26
Yes. I like it.

Obviously I am hoping it will be running custom firmware shortly :)

Auriman1
September 28th, 2009, 21:40
The PSP Go is a PSP No

Justise
September 28th, 2009, 21:58
PSP Go F*** you self.

While it IS small and cute and normally i would really appreciate a PSP that doesn't make noises when reading the games, This peace of *microsoft* uselefy everything I payed for all those years.

I think i'll wait for a CTF or at least an official UMD dumper.

EDIT: the curse words have been cleverly edited for kids to be able to read this post.

jamotto
September 28th, 2009, 22:22
Have too many UMD's that I don't want to abandon, so at this time no.

mike_jmg
September 28th, 2009, 23:05
Maybe when the price drops
And I'm predicting sony left some loose ends and it'll be easier to hack, it's a brand new hardware, there must be a new way

ojdon
September 28th, 2009, 23:40
Nope.

*Goes back playing on Picodrive on my 1000*

symbal
September 28th, 2009, 23:50
I think we all see where this is going.. an almost unanimous NO with possible yes with cfw, are you listening Sony? Sort yourself out.

Viral Decadent
September 29th, 2009, 01:02
Personally, I think this whole thing is just an invitation to the homebrew scene to hack their console. I mean it's a sad day when you have to have a group of coders to hack a console in order to play your own legally owned software on it. It's a sad sad day in Sony land, the only way the thing will sell is if the thing gets hacked.

Zin0099
September 29th, 2009, 02:23
ok to the ones that posted to me.

(cowon) never heard of them at all but they do look cool
but i do have up to over 16gb of psn content

ok looked at the cowon s9 it has up to 16gb and bluetooth but it did't say anything about add extra memory slot and i don't have 16gb of music

about cellphone for mp3 usage:
i never used mp3's on my cellphone anyway cuss mine only supported 512mb plus it's a phone not my psp that supports more than my phone can! i only talk on the phone some text message and camera use but when it came to cellphone games i didn't give a crap about them!!!!!!!!and my psp has (x1)8gb card(x3)4gb card and need big room for flash memory thats why i will get one of the pspgos 16gb and 16gb to 32gb (and more to come)

but remember the pspgo is just a matter of choice that's why i will get one

plus i like the xmb more than anyone would think, the way it's organized is cool to me!

D.S.Darkness
September 29th, 2009, 02:51
Absolutely not, too fragile, too expensive, Lack of anything good, Probably wont be a custom firmware for it , for quite sometime, if ever. And on the Whole, Need blue tooth mp3 player thing, Just get wire headphones lol or hack your psp a nice Blue tooth head set

darkriku2000
September 29th, 2009, 02:57
I'll probably get it when it gets hacked, I'm not too worried about the UMD thing, I can just trade them in towards buying the go

pkmaximum
September 29th, 2009, 06:04
It's funny everyone makes a huge deal about the UMD thing and I feel horrible for this. But the whole time I owned a PSP I only purchased one game, Wipe Out Pure (game is awesome) but I wanted the web browser XD. Homebrew has always been the big deal to me, being able to have a portable NES, GB, SNES was enough of a reason alone to want a PSP back when I was 14 (highschool freshmen =P God how time has passed since then, now I'm 19 (a sophomore in college.)

I think everyone who is a PSP veteran will agree with me when firmware 1.5 kexploit was released was probably the best homebrew scene that ever existed =) I will probably never be able to retain those feelings again at my current age to whatever console gets hacked and released. =(

dazman
September 29th, 2009, 07:33
No! I will not be rushing out to buy a PSP Go get F***** any time soon.

Hack it, and I'll back it. If not, kick it of the nearest cliff.

goshogun1
September 29th, 2009, 07:42
Hell no! Slim is working fine for now.

havoc_012
September 29th, 2009, 08:04
I have no interest in the PSP Fail. Same old Sony sticking their head in the sand.

kaferenza
September 29th, 2009, 10:38
Add me to the no pile. Then again, I never saw a good reason to upgrade from my 1000.

Stew2000
September 29th, 2009, 13:04
maybe in 2020 when it's outdated XD

Keitaro Urashima
September 29th, 2009, 13:12
Without UMD. Nah, I pass. Im stick to PSP 2000 instead. If there is PSP 4000 with UMD, Im sure I will buy it.

kiama13
September 29th, 2009, 13:25
hi, Im new and Im not getting a stupid pspgo it's retarted!Also why would Sony set the price so high no ones gonna buy it just cuz it's new

cozy
September 29th, 2009, 13:49
buy a iphone/touch better and cheeper,so thats a NOOO from me

Stew2000
September 29th, 2009, 13:51
iPhones/Touch are overpriced too. but are more worth it.

fpcreator2000
September 29th, 2009, 14:27
PSP GO? Let's see.....No UMD.....No touchscreen.....No secondary analog......No USB hookup.......Hmmmm. Meanwhile my PSP2000 has over 20 UMD games.....32GB memory card (thanks to CFW) for games, music, photos, videos, and whatever the **** else I can think of.....

Why the **** would i want to get the PSP GO? 'Cause Sony thinks they can pull an Apple with the IPhone? Hell no.

And to answer the first question posted on the forum, as many characters as the data type can support for within the MYSQL database is how many no's each entry can hold, and that's alot of No's but were making progress.

PSPdemon
September 29th, 2009, 14:41
I think everyone who is a PSP veteran will agree with me when firmware 1.5 kexploit was released was probably the best homebrew scene that ever existed =) I will probably never be able to retain those feelings again at my current age to whatever console gets hacked and released. =(

Yup....those were the days....

but... HOW ABOUT THAT SWAPSLOIT!?!

Man that was at a time where 32mb cards would have cost you a lot ( okay so it was like $30 for one ) but it was great none the less. :) ( memory card failure ftw )

I really do miss those good ol days...

Paris/Tokyo
September 29th, 2009, 16:30
If PSP Go had touchscreen, I'd pick it up this Thursday. I'm holding onto my 1000 for the forseeable future.

Nokiaman
September 29th, 2009, 16:41
No. It has nothing interesting.

reluttr
September 29th, 2009, 17:42
I was going to get one...untill sony said there would be no UMD conversion program.

I'm sorry but there are perks to buying a UMD in a store Sony wont be able to copy. For example on black friday you can get a whole ton of good games for like 10$ each. I doubt sony will have those kind of deals on the PSN anytime soon. Now if there was a way I could buy those games and get them on the go, then I would totally upgrade for the better screen.

Also if the Go gets hacked, then I might pick one up cause it would make a nice emulation handheld.

Anyways sony has until the end of November to provide a solution, or at least hope it gets hacked. If nothing happens, then my pc is going to get 250$'s in much needed upgrades ;)

raidraid
September 29th, 2009, 18:16
Sony failed once because of their greed and now they'll fail second time. First when they didn't release official psx-image converter for pops-module (games works on one console only. Then this console dies - the image becomes useless). Second is now, when they abandoned "good-will" program. I can't find a single reason to buy this overpriced harware so i can't find a reasons to buy some of my games second time.

Sorry for my english.

yakumo
September 29th, 2009, 19:09

Man that was at a time where 32mb cards would have cost you a lot ( okay so it was like $30 for one ) but it was great none the less. :) ( memory card failure ftw )

Good old days for me were that days where I learned basic in my Japanese computer MSX, and tried to figure what assembler code meant. Those days where magazines were plagued of basic and assembler programs and games made by people, tricks, secrets, how-to-finish guides, reviews, etc.

(tear)

Zin0099
September 29th, 2009, 21:18
Sony failed once because of their greed and now they'll fails second time. First when they didn't release official psx-image converter for pops-module (games works on one console only. Then this console dies - the image becomes useless). Second is now, when they abandoned "good-will" program. I can't find a single reason to buy this overpriced harware so i can't find a reasons to buy some of my games second time.

Sorry for my english.

no the psn(games on the store) is only limited to 5 systems not copies(you have unlimited downloads of the same game) a matter of fact the media go software lets u go and transfer any copy protect psp/psone game to the software and dump to another memorycard

as long as you set up another psp with the same user acount u will be save

Shrygue
September 29th, 2009, 22:11
I'm not getting the PSP Go, it's a major fail before it's even hit the stores. Hell, I'd rather have a 3000 series PSP over that even though the mobo isn't hackable yet and that screen interlace "feature".

Tortisetank
September 29th, 2009, 23:24
As Darth Vader once said....."NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
I have a psp3k with the Chikhen exploit an had a old psp1k back in the day (may it rest in peices -sadfayce- ) but ok sony needs to explain why the go costs roughly 100bucks more then a psp3k brand new. The Ipodification of the usb/serial/video out port I mean come on sony shoot yourself in the foot with a 12 gauge deer slug why don't ya.

Here is how the go woulda done well
1) some way to allow one copy of each UMD game you owned by connecting a UMD based PSP activated on the same account to the GO or using media Go software
2)The Go used the same port on the psp 2k an 3k for video out and headphone jack
3)Cost about 170bucks
4)The EXACT SAME USB port on the top of the handheld so you could use chotoshot,1seg tuner,psp gps receiver....also make it less painful if you lost your data cable x.x!
5)A second nub (ya i we all wished it had a second nub but we can see where its ment to be)

sorry for the long post >.>

osgeld
September 30th, 2009, 02:16
1) some way to allow one copy of each UMD game you owned by connecting a UMD based PSP activated on the same account to the GO or using media Go software

At least I will give them this, they dont want everyone to get a copy of umd's they can sell while still keeping the game

BUT! why not a mail in program, get a limited game on the go, and mail in the disk with a BARCODE taped onto it

when received unlock

SEGA did a exchange program with the SEGA CD 1 vs 2 , and SEGA CD vs CDX, and it was common place in the early pc days for the handful of systems (ie mail in this coupon for a set of tandy disks)

surely in this day and age sony can figure out a fair program that does not bend over their consumers

if they actually did not have cabbage for brains they would notice this is a way to self absorb, and destroy, most umd format games over time and really "coke dealer" push internet distribution

course this is the same company that did not release the gps unit in the US, we are just a expansive country with LOTS of nothing in between and bass ackwards roads, why would we ever want a cheap(ish) gps unit for our glossy black toy

acn010
September 30th, 2009, 09:56

same here.... those times were awsome :thumbup::thumbup:

as for me, ill buy it cause its smaller and lighter and slimer... and hope it gets hacked :D

hey everybody:cool:

Zin0099
September 30th, 2009, 14:49
same here with the game part umd disc

but while at gamecrazy i got to see the box and it came with
rockband unplugged

didn't gran turismo come with it?

plus 3 games of my choice let's see here

in a way their at the moment giving away 4 games about 60 usd if i'm not mistaked?

but it's everyones choice

plus i here psp-4000 is coming
a pspgo and psp-3000 just had childern aparently?

kjetil1991
September 30th, 2009, 15:35
eh no umd drive that sucks i dont want to dowload the games i bought before ;(
but the storage space i great=) custom firmware on this would rock

Zack
September 30th, 2009, 16:45
90% of us here probably own 1 umd game (if that) so using this "No UMD Drive!, I hate you Sony" thing is just an excuse to flame them.

Sure it sucks for people who actually do have a lot of UMD games, but for the majority, it's just a easy way to moan.

The real gripe everyone has is with the price.

symbal
September 30th, 2009, 17:29
Hey i'm not gonna deny that i only own a few games but the ones i do buy are either second hand or out the bargain bin, but my biggest problem is i'm lucky to spend 10% of my time on Psp games, the rest is on homebrew, and the Psp go is useless without removable battery, and the controls look too cramped for playing for long, i mean normal Psp's already too painfull to use much.

D.S.Darkness
September 30th, 2009, 22:27
The real question i think is, Why would i pay more for less? i mean it only does what other psp's do already and is much more delicate. The PSP Go is really a failure attempt at improvement, maybe if they hadnt released a 3000 series it may have been fine, but with so many variations of the same thing its kind of pointless. Another point is, Sony never improved anything on it :/ they could have easily designed it with a touch screen or a dual thumb stick .

mauro2029
October 1st, 2009, 00:29
Another no from me, unless they manage to get CFW on it, and has a price drop.

Someone posted they have 32G on their psp thanx to hombrew, how does that work?

symbal
October 1st, 2009, 05:32
Another no from me, unless they manage to get CFW on it, and has a price drop.

Someone posted they have 32G on their psp thanx to hombrew, how does that work?

Need the Photofast CR-5400 dual adapter with 2x16gb micro sd's.

Tortisetank
October 1st, 2009, 05:50
photofast needs to make a adapter for the go to us SD cards like the CR-3100 >.>
with CFW that adapter could allow 64gb of storage <,<

AeroSigma
October 1st, 2009, 20:37
Bluetooth: cool. I can get behind bluetooth headphones, and Sixaxis control for when I plug into the TV.
Slider: meh. it's sexy and small, but not necessary in my mind.
16GB internal storage: nice!
Smaller Screen: initially I thought NOT WORTH IT. but after reading reviews, it seems that the popular opinion is that: even though smaller, the screen is better quality. I like that.

All in all, I'll get one as soon as we can flash CFW. That is unless the 4000 comes with bluetooth.