PDA

View Full Version : Monkey 64 Source Code Released

Damian666
May 18th, 2006, 01:52
It appears our great Nintendo 64 moderator PSMonkey has been harrassed by a few people saying that Daedalus deserves more credit than him, because PSMonkey's Monkey64 is a port from PJ64. Here's more on what he has to say about it:

The Words of PSMonkey:
"Ok, I ment to post this sooner but was holding off so I can clean up the commenting. Since some people are so hell bent on proving daedalus did everything or I just fully stole every line of code from pj64, I desided to just post anways and if they need suport they can go **** them selfs."

Couldn't have said it better myself, those who criticize are the ones who don't know what a moderator goes through. PSMonkey deserves much credit, since his Nintendo64 emulator was built from thr ground up. He spends a great amount of time trying to bring us what we anticipate the most. I wish I could help with your project PSMonkey, honest to God I would love to help you, but I don't know that much about coding. Cheers to you my friend...and continue onward with your emulator, I'll do my best to keep those who don't know what they're talking about, at bay. If you have a bad comment, then keep it to yourself! You've been warned...

More Info at PSMonkeys Site Here http://nemo.dcemu.co.uk

Additional Commentary by WRAGGSTER

The problem with the PSP scene is one where a lot of people have entered it who have no understanding of whats involved to make emulators and homebrew releases. A reason why we have only registered people comment on the forums is to stop idiots who just like to flame.

Remember everyone if it wasnt for the coders you would have no PSP Homebrew period

Damian666
May 18th, 2006, 02:00
Ok, I now have PSMonkey's source code, for those who wish to help PSMonkey on his quest to bringing us the best Nintendo64 emulator of all time for the PSP.

P.S.-To those who post bad comments to PSMonkey will be reported to the DCEmu Webmaster and the Administrators. I don't want to do this, but if you harrass him, then I must.

V3N0M
May 18th, 2006, 05:00
I just can't believe it got this out of hand. I agree with you 100%. And to PSmonkey if anyone step 11s outta line i'll shut their little 11yr. ass up. You didn't have to release the source to shut them up. But now they have nothing to say. So no worrys monkey i'm with you 100% lol.

siulmagic
May 18th, 2006, 09:04
omg ppl are so stupid and ignorant form the bugginig psmonkey said it was a emulator build form scratch by that i mean from ground uo it was noo port.ppl should read more about coding and porting just because the name of the emu is monkey64 id osent mean its a port plus both emus will become great pieces of homebrew as matter afact (nothing agaist dadalus) but monkeys emu shoul i the long run be better cus its not port and it will maximis the psp hardware to its max psmokey dont listen to them there just noob your a great coder keep up the good work man best of luck to you . And dedalus too both are great coders

aTomIC
May 18th, 2006, 09:32
The problem with the PSP scene is one where a lot of people have entered it who have no understanding of whats involved to make emulators and homebrew releases. A reason why we have only registered people comment on the forums is to stop idiots who just like to flame.

Remember everyone if it wasnt for the coders you would have no PSP Homebrew period
I think the same like you. Everybody, who use an emulator (on win32, dos, psp, nds etc.) should respect the work and love every coders work. We can be grateful that they put us their programs free of charge at the disposal.

Wally
May 18th, 2006, 10:54
I couldnt agree with you all more!

QJ needs to do something about the guest bloggers.

PSPupdates forums are scene friendly but when it gets to a new release comments get out of hand..

If there was a way to stop guest postings in that thread then wahoo..

This isnt a case of yoshihiro, he has shown that code has been used from other sources (Dont blame em).

PSmonkey. Ignore the PSPu bunch, dont even look at the comments. Let us deal with them. You just do everything as normal. If i catch you reading the comments i will bite some serious fur :P

wraggster
May 18th, 2006, 11:25
The guest comments over there are a serious problem, even Clay etc disables the comments on QJ promo site news as he knows the idiots will flame.

If Coders feel that their work is being trampled on by sites then i say take action by not allowing sites to host their work.

Yes ive been forced in the past to do actions and it does work.

At the end of the day someone should be moderating the comments and banning if its needed

bullhead
May 18th, 2006, 12:09
Its good that you have to be a member to post here... but I dont think the flamers mean what they say... or know what they are saying... By looking at how they compose themselves through text, It is clear that they are only children, trying to get a reaction... ACTUAL people dont behave in such an ignorant manner. Personallay, I dont think that it was necessary to release the source because of wreckless and childish rants.

cdrdj
May 18th, 2006, 12:14
It really has gotten crazy over at PSPU. I got insults thrown at me just for defending a person who was defending a person who was defending pspmonkey. It really ticks me off how some people are over there. I totally agree with you guys on the whole Annonymous thing. That's why DCEMU will always be the best;)

snkrock25
May 18th, 2006, 12:31
That's why I dont go to those sites, I aint got time for all that ish. Monkey, do your thing, nobody knows you better than you. Dont let this internet stuff really get under your skin. If they really get on your nerves, take a break, you still have other things you can do with your time to get your mind off this stuff.

Keep ya head up
-Rock-

geise69
May 18th, 2006, 12:42
I love the DCEMU community. It's a really nice place to talk about this stuff. The other site was decent when it started, but yes, as everyone else has said it's just gotten way out of hand over there. It's funny as well, mainly because I could see this coming a mile away when it comes to N64 emulation. All the idiots come out of the wood work. I know over there it's mostly stupid comments on every news topic but when it comes to N64 emulation it just gets crazy. It wasn't that good of a system to begin with. I guess when you're 5 and that's what you grow up with you get excited to hear about the possibility of playing n64 on your psp. Then when they're too ignorant and stupid to figure it out they start flaming. At least most newbies here aren't like that. Most are respectful. All the crap that goes on over there and the way the psp community as a whole has been going was one more reason I got a GP2X. Anyways, with the source code released now I hope this will end all the crap cause he doesn't deserve it. No coder does.

**1_Man_Matrix**
May 18th, 2006, 12:51
This is the reason I've been cruising forums for over 9 months, and never ever posted... Way too many gronks.

It's the same crap as everyday life, for example someone orders food from a restaurant and scoffs it down, never once seeing the effort put in by the chef himself (Monkey) or the years of training they went through to learn how to prepare such a delicious dinner (Years learning how to code).

You get what I mean ;)

Monkey, hang in there dude, just remember for every idiot that gives you crap, theres 30 more people who think the world of you! :D

robotdevil
May 18th, 2006, 12:55
Kinda interesting on a thread about idiot flaming to see every post being supportive. Just saying it lets you know something about the people who frequent the site.

And I agree. With every post (so far). But, as the eternal optimist, I think that maybe with the source released that the emulator will get a little polish from other coders. So perhaps there's some good that may yet come of it. Or we may see it flying up on other sites as N00btastic64, with comments like "I made this in 3 days, tell me if it works."

To PSMonkey, I'm gonna ask you not to give a damn what random dumbasses on the internet think, but then I'm gonna tell you that I think your doing great work. So, continue what you're doing, and don't give a damn about what I think ;)

mr_nick666
May 18th, 2006, 14:28
What can you say that hasnt been said!?? :confused:
Whats the point in flaming really? If you dont like it dont play/use it.. If theres a problem then tell the coder so they know and can fix it! Lets all just be constructive! :o
Great work Monkey - I look forward to seeing your next update :D

Voltron
May 18th, 2006, 14:29
Thats why this is the best PSP Homebrew site. Period.

Why do people bother wasting their time on creating these issues. What would have happened if PSMonkey just got fed up and decided to quit the project. That would have been a very sad thing for the PSP homebrew community. I hope PSMonkey knows that he has a VERY LARGE following. And any flamers are a very small and unimportant meaningless fraction of a percentage.

Coders deserve much more respect and gratitude than what they are given. Some promising projects have been abandoned by talented coders who moved on to other projects due to the negative "scene" in the past.

PSP homebrew is currently stronger than ever with some extraordinary releases over the past few weeks.

Lets keep PSP homebrew alive and strong forever.

CU_AMiGA
May 18th, 2006, 14:45
Hey Yo!

This is bloody atrocious! There seems to be a lot of ungrateful people about who should know where they come from. Could someone pleae give a link to where the flaming is, just to have a look at the comments. Although i don't really hold an interest in Monkey 64, i have to respect PSPMonkey and all the other PSP coders who make the PSP great! I love DC-EMU forums! :)

Regards,

Emeriastone
May 18th, 2006, 15:29
At least these forums can still remain respectable. Way to go everyone.

luis_05
May 18th, 2006, 16:38
DCEMU community, best PSP site on the net!! People here are very helpful, just yesterday three fellow psp users helped me get neogeo cd running on my psp!!! This is the only PSP site I have joined and will ever join. Monkey, **** all the haters, 99.8 percent of them cant even code!! I've done some JAVA and for me it was hard. Its a whole new language someone has to master! Keep on going Monkey.

LONG LIVE THE MONKEY MAN!!!!!!!

PSmonkey
May 18th, 2006, 16:40
The guest comments over there are a serious problem, even Clay etc disables the comments on QJ promo site news as he knows the idiots will flame.

If Coders feel that their work is being trampled on by sites then i say take action by not allowing sites to host their work.

Yes ive been forced in the past to do actions and it does work.

At the end of the day someone should be moderating the comments and banning if its needed

They are moderating the comments & even IP Banning alot of people. The problem is, if you're not on it 24/7, it will keep happening by the same idiots hell bent on being an ass to me for no reason.

It will eventualy bite them in the ass because a huge percentage of psp homebrew coders are getting fed up. Alot will eventualy quit or the psp coding scene will go underground.

I sadly wish the psp had to be modded to run homebrew, then the scene would probably not be so bad. :(

mog
May 18th, 2006, 17:12
lol, i just had an idea... How about letting people post in some threads, only if they get a high enough grade on an IQ test! :p
I know that's not very fair, but that would probably stop stupid comments being posted...

Keep up the good work PSPMonkey... we really appreciate the efforts you have gone through to create an emulator from the ground up.

I'm sure the comments were nothing personal; it would of happened to anyone there.
Just a lot of kids these days need to get a life instead of moaning and whining on forums 24/7...

John Vattic
May 18th, 2006, 17:21
Don't quit monkey!
These people are called haters!
Don't let petty haters f*** with you.
You are so far abouve those comments!
They just want an emulatore and they just want it yesterday!(as we all do but, to be rude to the talent, is to be rude to the scene)
They may talk crap but in their little twelve-year-old mind, they think it may make you work harder(which is not an option).
Take your time and f*** the bozos!!!!!!!

Apoklepz
May 18th, 2006, 21:06
It's weak that PSMonkey has to put out the source for the emu so early just because some stupid kids don't believe the hype....Stupid Kids these days...sheesh!

You ain't got to prove nothing you haven't proven already PSMonkey... Bringing the N64 to PSP clearly speaks for itself. What you have done so far, and every step after is pure genuine masterpiece, sir.
The real PSP scene people like me and everyone else here at DCemu are rooting for you every step of the way... So don't bother listening to F***tards like that in the first place. In the second place, keep brewing the wicked brew you brew!:D

ArugulaZ
May 18th, 2006, 21:06
That's just idiotic. Where do these people get off, anyway? Programmers are spending all their free time creating free software for others to enjoy, and these little dicks have the gall to bitch about it!

These emulators don't just appear out of thin air. It's hard, frustrating work to try to make a PSP run games designed for an entirely different game system. People had damn well better start appreciating all that hard work, or they won't HAVE emulators to play on their PSPs.

Readers, thank the creator of your favorite PSP emulators. Just send them a letter and let them know you appreciate them. It's the least you can do.

JR

V3N0M
May 18th, 2006, 21:48
I agree but at the same time talking about them only lets them know that there getting to you. Just ignore them as they are probaly little 11yr olds on the other side of the world just tring to piss you off. No worrys alright we are respectfull here if anyone talks crap over here will ban their ass. lol.

aries2k4
May 18th, 2006, 22:06
The world is full of idiots..sigh....

ExcruciationX
May 18th, 2006, 22:25
This should be useful to the programmers.

wolfpack
May 18th, 2006, 22:31
PSMonkey's emulator is going to be actually be the best because it was built from scratch, not a port of some other PC port. Cheers to you PSmonkey, youve done something very hard and im sure your emulator will run games at perfect speed when finished.

Damian666
May 18th, 2006, 23:38
Thanks for your support guys, I really, really appreciate it. I'm also sure PSMonkey appreciates it as well. PSMonkey, were always here for you no matter what the situation is. I don't wish for you to quit your emulator, for I love for what you do in this community. I've recieved word from DarkSaviour69 that if anyone who comes near you, and speaks to you in such a manner that they will be dealt with. I'm allowed to report to any of the moderators, administrators, staff, the webmaster and of course you. I will continue my campaign to end those who try to insult you. My best regards-Damian666

Damian666
May 18th, 2006, 23:55
I must admit to everybody, that I'm only 16 years old, and I'm definitly different from most teenagers in this world. From this post, you can really tell that I care for the well being of other people.

mog
May 19th, 2006, 02:18
When I was refering to "kids", it really doesn't have anything to do with age at all.
Thats why I don't specify an age.

A kid can grow up at any age really, but until that time, they should not be given the right to post comments about what they "say" they think.
Until a kid has learned things like respect and gratitude, they are still kids, and not grown up enough to post a helpful or informative comment that would be worth reading.

I guess what would be better than the IQ test i mentioned (as intelligence is not the main problem), would be a maturity exam.
I'm not sure how such a test could be created, but if people needed to pass it in order to have the right to post comments, then psp forums might become a much better place on many other websites. :)
Man, do I ramble on about wierd stuff sometimes! :D

Andraik
May 19th, 2006, 02:19
Man this sucks...PSMONKEY was awesome!

Nasty Nate
May 19th, 2006, 02:52
i dont think hes quitting(from what ive read), but GREAT JOB MONKEY, PEOPLE HAVE NO RIGHT TO WHINE AND CRY THAT YOU STOLE THEIR CODE,BECAUSE YOU DIDNT. I WILL PIMP SLAP ANYONE THAT TALKS DIRTY ABOUT PSMONKEY, RIGHT IN THE TEETH.
GR8 WORK PSMONKEY, LOVE THE TIME YOU PUT INTO THIS

biabia8659
May 19th, 2006, 03:30
Keep up the great work monkey.

D Maurice
May 19th, 2006, 18:42
yeah, like they said **** the noobs. most of them are little 13 yr old virgins w/o a life. keep up the good work monkey!