PDA

View Full Version : Forza 2 is no Gran Turismo 360!

wraggster
May 18th, 2006, 08:56
Via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=140182)

Car-loving 360 owners all over the world blew a gasket last week when Microsoft announced that Forza Motorsport 2 would be coming to the console this Christmas.

But the game's lead designer, Dan Greenawalt, has slammed suggestions that it's simply the Xbox 360's version of Sony's Gran Turismo.

Speaking to our friends over at oxm.co.uk at last week's E3, Studio RX's Dan Greenawalt said, "My goal going forward with Forza is not to be Gran Turismo's answer on Xbox 360. That's fine, but that's not my goal. My goal is to ignite car passion in the next generation of videogames players and in all-new groups."

And Greenawalt is not hugely impressed by Sony's latest GT effort. "As a Microsoft employee I'd tell you that I don't want to talk about it, but as a gamer I'd say that I want them to show me something new, something cool. They didn't do that. It looked like a PC version."

According to Greenawalt, Forza Motorsport 2 will feature more cars, more tracks, a souped-up Xbox Live mode and more options to customise, personalise and tune up your motor. And while intense realism remains the order of the day, Greenawalt emphasised his desire to get more people involved in the Forza experience.

"Simulation is of paramount importance for us. At the same time, though, we're adding more assists in Forza Motorsport so that more people can play and enjoy it. I want my dad to be able to play it because he loves cars, but he's horrible at every game I've worked on!"

xXSujoXx
May 19th, 2006, 01:03
Exactly 100% True!!!