PDA

View Full Version : 360 to Wii: Anything you can do, I can do better

wraggster
May 18th, 2006, 10:32
Via Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/17/360-to-wii-anything-you-can-do-i-can-do-better/)

We saw what Sony's PlayStation 3 EyeToy can do in terms of motion technology (as well as its upgraded PS3 remote), and we know Nintendo's primary console feature is its motion-sensored remote, but what about the Xbox 360? Aaron Stanton of About.com visited the GestureTek booth in Kentia Hall at last week's E3 to learn about a new development kit to use with the Xbox 360 camera. Not only can it map your face to a character model, but with GestureTek's technology the Xbox 360 camera can accurately track a player's movement, including specific finger usage.

To further impress, GestureTek demonstrated for Stanton how the technology can emulate each Nintendo Wii game on the show floor. The technology is impressive, of course, but as Stanton points out not likely to surpass the Wii. Simply put, the GestureTek demo is just that -- a demo. And on top of that, technology for a peripheral, which can be easily ignored by developers. It'll be interesting to see if Microsoft and Sony use their respective cameras to match Nintendo's features, but if Sony's press conference is any indication (Sony just glazed over its EyeToy demo), we doubt it.

xXSujoXx
May 19th, 2006, 01:00
idk the competition between the cnsoles is extremely competitive with everything such as the quality of the screem and now ps3 has the BlueRay stuff. and now the wii well thats something that we will find out in the near future

Shilo
May 19th, 2006, 01:06
Sounds good, but, in my opion, the Wii's controler is the best!!!!!!