PDA

View Full Version : NDS : Dissonance .. internet radio on your DS!

hicaow
May 18th, 2006, 17:57
"A new piece of software lets you listen to internet radio on your DS via a wifi connection"

the disscussion via 1emulation (http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18201&st=0)

I know that I've waited, I've begged, and I've drooled at the thought of this app ever being made. I don't know if any of you have wanted an Internet Radio Client as much as I have... but here we are. The first working release of Dissonance.

http://people.uleth.ca/~dave.brady/projects.php

I would appreciate it if someone with a fully compatible router can test Dissonance for me. I would also appreciate if word did not spread off of this board for a day or two, until I can get some testing done (so keep it SECRET. I will notify the usual authorities when I get some testing data). On my router, it works for a few minutes, then locks up solid during a recv. I am wondering if it's my router, or something more sinister. So please, give me a hand.

Thanks sgstair for the library that makes all this possible.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

xXSujoXx
May 18th, 2006, 20:59
Wow U Made It

hicaow
May 19th, 2006, 04:09
me!? .. ah hell no , i can barely program my alarm clock .. i'm just a homebrew junky :] .. the author is in that thread posted ..

daninski
May 19th, 2006, 11:13
works fine after about a min of jumbled. then it seems to sync it's read write and its cool as poo.

TheYak
May 19th, 2006, 11:42
Worked for me as well. I get a hiccup or two every couple of minutes.. now I'm just wishing I could change the station (Van Halen was cool, but screw the Doors). Musical taste (or lack thereof) aside this is the homebrew I never knew I always wanted.

Xerby
May 19th, 2006, 17:17
This is aswome, works perfectly till someone stood infront of the wifi singles and it started messing up but after they left it took about 1min for it to get back to normal :)

British classic rock rules :D

Isaac702
May 19th, 2006, 19:22
This is great software I cant wait until I can specify Radio Channels

Himura
May 19th, 2006, 20:21
This is incredible. I love it

DaMadFiddler
May 21st, 2006, 00:42
So...um...I notice that, right there in the middle of the copy-pasted text, it says

I would also appreciate if word did not spread off of this board for a day or two, until I can get some testing done (so keep it SECRET. I will notify the usual authorities when I get some testing data).
In other words, he doesn't want it publicized until there's a more refined, stable version to kick around.

So why is it posted right on the main newspage here?

Seems a little disrespectful.

hicaow
May 21st, 2006, 05:18
keep reading the thread , he releases it ..

ComixSans
August 16th, 2006, 21:42
this is great thank you hicaow

Talka1ot
August 17th, 2006, 01:20
Love classic rock, can't wait to get my M3 mini SD to get this thing working!

THUD
August 17th, 2006, 10:04
Works after about 20 seconds of jumbling about, then plays Virgin my favourite radio station, just getting into it, when it gets caught in a loop as if the CD is skipping...screen goes black and white and stays like this forever...

Brilliant start to a fantastic Homebrew, love it, can't wait for future realeases

iball
August 17th, 2006, 17:28
Just use the latest version of DSOrganize to listen to Shoutcast streams from the internet, it's MUCH better with no skipping/jumping.

evi1d33d
February 25th, 2007, 05:27
Just use the latest version of DSOrganize to listen to Shoutcast streams from the internet, it's MUCH better with no skipping/jumping.

I tried to stream shoutcast with the latest DSorganize but I get skippy audio even if i have 210% buffer. its really weird.

canvasch
February 25th, 2007, 10:44
i can't use it... since my ds connects with aoss... when i open this app i get spammed with cannot connect messages....
adding in a aoss support would be nice

Sigma83
February 28th, 2007, 06:53
Is there any reason to worry about this program constantly writing to your slot1 microsd card? I was under the impression this kinda thing is better suited to a ram device and will eventually wear down your sd cards.

Thank you, works great for me by the way. A GUI would be fantastic :).

grimreaper100
February 28th, 2007, 10:51
This is the best thing ever exept the person taste in music!! let us put our own channels in!! .... just tell us where we can change the URL!!

DanTheManMS
February 28th, 2007, 22:32
Try DSOrganize. It can connect to online radio streams when you launch a .pls file.

jax23ne
March 26th, 2009, 16:43
no working for me,, say`s connection sucsessfull , and then blank screen, im using TT card , any ideas

marcoletsgo
May 29th, 2009, 23:22
could not connect! here thats all i get

mystupidmail
July 1st, 2009, 20:37
it says connection successful and then the top screen is black and the bottom is white and stays forever like that. I'm using an R4 any ideas to make it work?