PDA

View Full Version : First Wii Sonic Shots

wraggster
May 18th, 2006, 22:37
We've finally managed to get our hands on the first shots of Sonic Wild Fire, the new Sonic game that's currently in development for Wii.

Our hands-on with Sonic Wild Fire revealed that the game makes full use of the Wii remote. To guide Sonic through the level, you must hold the remote horizontally - like a set of handlebars - and tilt it left or right to steer him. To slow him down you must tilt the remote towards yourself; button 2 on the Wii-mote is used to jump and this can be combined with a thrust forward to execute Sonic's spinning attack.

In the shots on the right you can see a more sedate platforming bit with Sonic attempting to collect coins while avoiding some huge spikes. As Sonic teeters on the ledge the Wii controller is titled in time with his movements in order to get him to the end safely.

Wild Fire - currently the game's working title - is Sonic's first solo outing since the original Sonic the Hedgehog released for Mega Drive 15 years ago. It sees the prickly one trying to recreate the lost pages of an Arabian Knights story book which means the levels have a certain Arabic look to them, with colourful mosaics and oases.

SCreenshots Via Comments
Via gamesradar (http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/revo/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=2006051811421031023&sectionId=1006)

xXSujoXx
May 18th, 2006, 23:06
Nice looks good

Shadowblind
interesting...cause this year is sonics 15th aniversery

xXSujoXx
looks fricken good

Shilo
May 18th, 2006, 23:08
I think I just craped my pants! With all this awesome news about the Wii and the 2 N64 emus for PSP, I'm running out of clean pants! The controls sound great! Must buy a Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shadowblind
May 18th, 2006, 23:17
Wii (weeeeeeee)

the one and only
May 18th, 2006, 23:30
Hmm i saw a vid of it at e3 and the gameplay looks ok, but it will definatey be on my list of games to buy.

V3N0M
May 18th, 2006, 23:43
It seems they are getting their act together going back to Sonic roots. I heard this game is going to be similar to the original sonic games of course with a modern twist. All in all it looks great.

Shilo
May 18th, 2006, 23:51
I love the old Sonic games!!!!! Nice to see Sega go back a few years!!!!!!! Just like Nintendo did with New Super Mario bros.!!!!!!!!!!!

the one and only
May 19th, 2006, 00:01
hmm does anyone know why sonic is on fire in one of the pics?

Shilo
May 19th, 2006, 00:18
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm BBQed hedgehog :D

BTW I have no clue :confused:

the one and only
May 19th, 2006, 00:19
Ha ha

nugatron
May 19th, 2006, 00:40
damn... that looks amazing still not sure whether I'm going to get the Wii or not :confused:

edit : haha thanks shilo for making my mind up for me I don't know what I would have done without you :)

Shilo
May 19th, 2006, 00:54
damn... that looks amazing still not sure whether I'm going to get the Wii or not :confused:

I'll make up your mind for you :p You will get a Wii!! :D Because of awesome games like Super Mario Galixes, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Sonic Wild Fire, and a gazlion more!!!!! Plus the awesome controler!!

the one and only
May 19th, 2006, 02:01
hear hear

Andraik
May 19th, 2006, 02:27
I used to think the "Wii" (haha, sorry it's just a funny name) was lame but now I think I might look into getting one when they come out!

xXSujoXx
May 19th, 2006, 11:23
How much is it

xXSujoXx
May 19th, 2006, 11:24
The Systems Gonna be 200 right?

Miria
May 19th, 2006, 13:33
I'll make up your mind for you :p You will get a Wii!! :D Because of awesome games like Super Mario Galixes, Super Smash Bros. Chaos, Sonic Wild Fire, and a gazlion more!!!!! Plus the awesome controler!!

Hae Um you might wanna correct your Super Smash Bros Title. Its Super Smash Bros. Brawl because Ive got the trailer. Available to you at IGN.com I'd Like TO Add To That List as well

well there Metroid 3: Corruption, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers. and many more. have fun

the one and only
May 19th, 2006, 14:38
ah yeah also the short part of fire emblem looks awesome lol i cant wait

Video_freak
May 20th, 2006, 00:20
its great that game developers are incorporating the wii's hardware controls nicely.

Shilo
May 20th, 2006, 00:28
Hae Um you might wanna correct your Super Smash Bros Title. Its Super Smash Bros. Brawl because Ive got the trailer. Available to you at IGN.com I'd Like TO Add To That List as well

well there Metroid 3: Corruption, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers. and many more. have fun

Whoops :D I always make stupid mistakes :D Ummmm....... now why in the world did I call it SSB Chaos????????????????????????