PDA

View Full Version : METAL BLOB SOLID PSP (Blob Wars::: Episode 1) version 1.04 Released

wraggster
May 18th, 2006, 23:32
Deniska has released METAL BLOB SOLID PSP (Blob Wars::: Episode 1) version 1.04 on his site, heres the info:

http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk/images/mbs6.jpg

METAL BLOB SOLID PSP (Blob Wars::: Episode 1) version 1.04

This is a PSP adoptation of METAL BLOB SOLID from Parallel Realities (http://www.parallelrealities.co.uk)
- open source tactical 2D platformer.

FEATURES
-------
- Over 25 missions
- More than 8 hours' gameplay!
- 4 difficulty settings
- Large levels with different environments, such as water, lava, ice and slime.
- Use a variety of different weaponary, including machine guns and laser cannons.
- Multiple objectives
- Jetpack and Aqua Lung items to find
- Optional blood and gore
- Boss Battles!
- Lots of sound effects and music tracks
- Configurable controls
- Cheats: get unlimited health, aqualung/jetpack, rapid fire, extra blood/gore, speed, access to all levels
- Level replay value - Return to previous levels to rescue all MIAs and optional objectives.

I'll let you figure out how to get to the cheat menu on PSP :-)

INSTALLATION
----------
1.5 users: copy contents of 1.5 folder to ms:/PSP/GAME
1.0 use EBOOT.PBP from 1.0 folder with data files from 1.5 folder
2.0 Please let me know if either version works with the latest eboot loader for 2.0 firmware

CONTROLS
------
[X] MENU SELECT; SHOOT
[TRIANGLE] SECONDARY WEAPON
[ARROWS] MENU NAVIGATION/ IN-GAME MOVEMENTS
[ANALOG] MENU NAVIGATION/ IN-GAME MOVEMENTS
[L-TRIGGER] JETPACK
[R-TRIGGER] JUMP
[START] PAUSE/LEVEL STATS
[SELECT] MAP
[SQUARE] IN-GAME OPTIONS MENU
[?????] ACTIVATE CHEAT MENU

GAMEPLAY
------
Please refer to documents in the docs folder for details.

KNOW BUGS
-------
Ocasionally, the game runs out of memory and prompts the user to restart.
Sometimes crashes occur short after the game was resumed after a powerdown.

SOURCE
-----
PSPSDK compatible c++ source code & makefile are attached to this distribution.

CREDITS
------
+++ MAIN PROGRAMMING AND DESIGN +++
Stephen Sweeney

+++ ADDITIONAL PROGRAMMING +++
Richard Sweeney

+++ PSP ADOPTATION PROGRAMMING +++
Denis Televnyy (http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk)

Enjoy,

DENIS

Download and Give Feedback over at the OFFICIAL SITE --> http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk

Damian666
May 18th, 2006, 23:46
I remember posting something about this a long time ago. And, from the first few screenshots I knew that Deniska would pull off another great homebrew title. Keep up the good work, my friend.

wraggster
May 18th, 2006, 23:53
yeah hes a real credit to the Homebrew PSP scene

Video_freak
May 18th, 2006, 23:56
this looks like a really fun game. downloading.....

xXSujoXx
May 19th, 2006, 00:43
Nice Release

joesnose
May 19th, 2006, 01:51
quality game.

Cloud_35
May 19th, 2006, 02:03
Now we are talking about something!!

A great release man!!

Xfacter
May 19th, 2006, 05:06
Holy crap, do you ever stop coding? I hope you at least get some food every now and then Denis. You're great man!

Note: This is a compliment, not an insult. :|

kcc86
May 19th, 2006, 14:40
great stuff

jordilt
May 19th, 2006, 15:50
wow, thi is really fun,
the 1.0 eboot works perfectly whith my psp 2.01 and the eloader 0.97.
Great work! Thanks......

Mr. Shizzy
May 19th, 2006, 18:50
I've now downloaded and played this and I gotta say that this is simply incredible. I'm highly impressed.
Denis, thanks for all the hard work. This is much appreciated.:D

gunntims0103
May 20th, 2006, 17:37
i downloaded this and b4 i played it i thought it wasnt gonna be all that good boy was i wrong i was hooked as soon as i started playin it.......this is great.........i would like to see something like a rage mode where your blog gets all crazy or at least a changing of da yellow........just thoughts

mr_nick666
May 20th, 2006, 20:16
Great game Deniska :) I play my homebrew way more than my official $ony games! :p

deniska
May 21st, 2006, 02:14
i downloaded this and b4 i played it i thought it wasnt gonna be all that good boy was i wrong i was hooked as soon as i started playin it.......this is great.........i would like to see something like a rage mode where your blog gets all crazy or at least a changing of da yellow........just thoughts

I am glad you liked it....
If you figure out how to get to the cheat menu - you will bealeto get additional blood/gore, more fire power and speed.. among other features...

If you don't - i'll probably post the combination in a few days..- don't want to ruin the fun for other people...

ikuikluil
June 4th, 2006, 18:52
good graphics but boring game play

Dutt
January 4th, 2007, 13:22
I am glad you liked it....
If you figure out how to get to the cheat menu - you will bealeto get additional blood/gore, more fire power and speed.. among other features...

If you don't - i'll probably post the combination in a few days..- don't want to ruin the fun for other people...

Well man its been a few days now i was onedering if u could help me out with that cheat menu :) :)
Great Port BTW..

AshtonNewton
November 30th, 2007, 23:29
Can you reupload the download it cant be found and other wise means, it doesnt exist lol. Looks pretty neet though. I think you do very good at finding these games and making them. I havent seen a whole bunch but the program that makes psp games awesome.

blackrave
December 2nd, 2007, 20:28