PDA

View Full Version : Project Updates

PSmonkey
May 19th, 2006, 07:00
Ok after all the crap that went on with m64 recently I desided to reflect on things a bit. So here is a general update.

- Monkey64 -
After all the recent crap I have desided to go back to my plan on taking a small break to reflect where I want to head on this project. The project is far from dead but there will probably not be any updates for a few weeks.

- Iris -
The gods have smiled on you all. Iris 0.2 alpha is going up later today (friday). Do note that this build is early and as such is a serious WIP/Alpha. Bots will be disabled !! (there is a stability issue with them). The point of the alpha release is to get everybody up to date on the latest engine so moders can start taking better use of Iris. There has been huge improvements in overall performance and of couse all the new goodies like surface clipping (still has bugs), improved colissions and all that jazz will be there to play with. So consider the build to be more BspViewer 0.3 then Iris (Do note BspViewer is now dead, The engine is now iris, not bspviewer anymore, and will stay that way from here on out).

- New Project -
Details are little but I got some serious chearing up today. I recently finaly got an atomiswave kit with demolish fist in for my arcade (sadly had to trade tons of stuff for it. :(). Anyways first time I played demolish fist I felt bored to tears. Today playing it after work, I for some odd reason felt drawn into the game to the point of actualy quite liking it. On top of all this I started to watch what the game was doing over all and realised that this might work on the psp if done well. Not only that I could easly get something going quite quickly after all my work on iris.

So whats the details? Well there is not much to state still since things are in the planning stage but you all know how I work. Things will probably start rolling at an alarming rate & smack us in the face when we did not exspect it. So far my main goal is to esentualy make A 3d Beat-em Up Iris / 3d Beats of Rage. I want to make the game easly modifyable from enemys, characters, objs, placements, ai patterns, textures & level geometry. Not to mention making it look pretty on the psp ;).

That is all for now. More details to come once I have a working concept prototype up and running.

For a nice video of what is going on in my mind. See this nicely captured video of demolish fist in action.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2086814179550264329&q=Demolish+Fist

ExcruciationX
May 19th, 2006, 07:11
A 3D fighting game! Sounds cool.

stotheamuel
May 19th, 2006, 07:45
awesome... this new project sounds great.... i know i'll love it

V3N0M
May 19th, 2006, 08:21
Very cool aloung with being able to mod it. Is this going to be a port or a game you make running on that engine?

Kaiser
May 19th, 2006, 08:21
3d Beat-em Up Iris / 3d Beats of Rage. I want to make the game easly modifyable from enemys, characters, objs, placements, ai patterns, textures & level geometry. Not to mention making it look pretty on the psp .

MMMMMmmmm

I love the fact your homebrew is easily moddable. Looking forward to this project Monkey.:D

RvH
May 19th, 2006, 09:19
The fighting game looks pretty cool, if its possible to run that on a psp, that would be nice man! im looking forward to the new project.

Timale-Kun
May 19th, 2006, 10:19
Sounds really good (seeing the video), another suprise from PSMonkey^^, and hear some news about Iris is good, kinda hidden by th BIG Monkey64 Project^^

Be3f
May 19th, 2006, 11:59
IRIS 0.2... TODAY???!!! A-w-e-s-o-m-e, Can't Wait!!!:p :rolleyes:
Great, PSMonkey!!!;)

BrooksyX
May 19th, 2006, 14:32
looks like sweet game, I remember the was a game like that for the ps2 made by square, i think it was called the bouncer, i think. But I loved that games so bet bunch of people would like this!

Gray Fox
May 19th, 2006, 15:29
When will Iris 0.2 be downloadable?

Lumir
May 19th, 2006, 15:35
That games looks nice! Plus your planning to make it moddable?!?! The amazment never ends!

ExcruciationX
May 19th, 2006, 15:49
I wonder what the other project is...

sroon
May 19th, 2006, 15:55
Great job Monk.
Taking a break on Monk64 is the right thing to do.
im looking foward to Iris and The Fighting game!!
Thanks.

PSmonkey
May 19th, 2006, 15:57
Very cool aloung with being able to mod it. Is this going to be a port or a game you make running on that engine?

Its not a port. It's a brand new game. The deamolish fist reference is to give a general idea of what I want to accomplish.

:P

Demolition49
May 19th, 2006, 16:58
i like the sound of IRIS and yet again you amaze us all.

You just dont stop, do you?

Im still keen on Monkey64 though, what will happen to the revised build? Will it be delayed to about 3-4 weeks away?

kersplatty
May 19th, 2006, 17:19
sounds funkly, ill probs wont be able to play on iris today tho as time differences,w8 a sec its friday wooo:D

PSmonkey
May 19th, 2006, 17:20
i like the sound of IRIS and yet again you amaze us all.

You just dont stop, do you?

Im still keen on Monkey64 though, what will happen to the revised build? Will it be delayed to about 3-4 weeks away?

Delayed, Might add alot more then originaly plan but gonna wait till I get my hands on the book "See mips run" as it will allow me to get a more advance grasp on the mips cpu & also let me optimise things further.

10shu
May 19th, 2006, 19:02
nice...however a 3d fighting game like bouncer requere a shit load of animation...

vettacossx
May 19th, 2006, 19:04
psmonkey you must do a TON of reading bro;) thanks for all the HARD WORK and also thank you for all those LATE NIGHTS;) im sure its not EASY being under that much pressure and it DOES take a gr8 deal of charicter, and passion to work on coding for a job all day long, then be so cool and so giving...to take your time out to work on a side project for the psp scene! no less 3 OF THEM WOW!"I for one am very very impressed psmonkey!"

Gray Fox
May 19th, 2006, 19:04
Delayed, Might add alot more then originaly plan but gonna wait till I get my hands on the book "See mips run" as it will allow me to get a more advance grasp on the mips cpu & also let me optimise things further.

Wait, what is delayed? M64 or todays release of IRIS0.2?

Cooe14
May 19th, 2006, 19:13
Wait, what is delayed? M64 or todays release of IRIS0.2?
M64

10shu
May 19th, 2006, 19:31
what is the suposed poly count and textures for characteres...i m too early...?:)

Mugen84
May 19th, 2006, 20:05
sounds cool to me...

ExcruciationX
May 19th, 2006, 20:31
So, what is the new fighting game going to be called???

Accordion
May 19th, 2006, 21:03
monkey punch?
no forget it

wow IRIS so so pleased been eagerly anticipating a release

thankyou so much

just seen the vid
wow wow wow how close are you planning to get to that in terms of graphics and object interaction?
you are a legend

coo
May 19th, 2006, 21:25
i was wondering,

can you still use the IRIS .1 models with IRIS .2?

or is there a whole different model format and/or type?

McGiggles
May 19th, 2006, 22:00
Haysuess, this goes to you:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/Viper_Snake/assclown.jpg

STFU, he said he was taking a break from M64; quit trying to piss him off again.:mad:

ExcruciationX
May 19th, 2006, 22:08
He probably IS the asshole in the picture LOL!!!

jas0nuk
May 19th, 2006, 22:12
We all knew you'd be a quitter on Monkey64, especially with Daedalus released. You're one of those programmers with 50 unfinished projects that just keeps starting new ones. Oh well...
Actually, he has 2 ongoing projects.
One is Monkey64, which he is taking a well-needed break from after the idiots of this community flamed him even AFTER releasing the source, and the other is Iris, which he is still actively working on and is releasing as an alpha version tonight.
You were off-course by 48.

carrotman97
May 19th, 2006, 22:16
We all knew you'd be a quitter on Monkey64, especially with Daedalus released. You're one of those programmers with 50 unfinished projects that just keeps starting new ones. Oh well...

so where do you download haysuess64?

just piss off (pardon my french ;) )

Dmill
May 19th, 2006, 22:21
Ya you f**** Puss develop your own sh** if you think your so damn hot. you have no appreciation for his work, and should never be able to use it. get the hell off this site if thats how you feel.

haysuess
May 19th, 2006, 22:24
haysuess64 is currently only available to non-quitters and non-queers; and Jas0nuk wow, I didn't know you stalked PSMonkey so much that you know of every project he has ever started, BECAUSE I DO!

Hey everybody. Here is my contact info. DDOS my ass hole all night long please. ;)

The IP Address is: 24.165.91.120. The host name is: cpe-24-165-91-120.socal.res.rr.com.

Dmill
May 19th, 2006, 22:24
monkey i dont blame you if you never release m64. that douche really pisses even me off and its not even my project. keep up the good work lookin forward to the finished product.

Cooe14
May 19th, 2006, 22:26
haysuess64 is currently only available to non-quitters and non-queers; and Jas0nuk wow, I didn't know you stalked PSMonkey so much that you know of every project he has ever started, BECAUSE I DO!
Your the reason he is taking a break you ***hole :mad:

Dmill
May 19th, 2006, 22:27
haysuess you ***got get the fu** away from this site and never come back. ill have wraggster block your ip if you dont

carrotman97
May 19th, 2006, 22:27

WTF??

your the one that makes people quit, please hurry up an ban him!:D

ExcruciationX
May 19th, 2006, 22:28
Go back to PSP Updates, were flamers like you belong!

DPyro
May 19th, 2006, 22:30
Temp banned.

Dmill
May 19th, 2006, 22:30
Thank god thank you $n!per

Cooe14
May 19th, 2006, 22:32
What's with "temp" $n!pR? give him a ip ban.

ExcruciationX
May 19th, 2006, 22:42
He probably does not have the power for an IP ban.

SRD
May 19th, 2006, 22:55
This Irus update seems like it will be cool after seeing the video of Demolish Fist.

In other news, concerning this whole argument: I do not see how arguing with and cursing out those who make mean-spirited comments is any better than those people themselves. In my opinion, using vulgar language for the sake of expressing hatred should be against the rules whether it be directed toward PSMonkey or anyone else, regardless of their stance. I think all comments related to such matters should be deleted, and any further comments similar to those of haysuess should just be ignored until such action occurs.

Even if you do not agree with what I am saying, I think we can all agree that 3 pages worth of spam contributing to such a childish argument is ridiculous.

xXSujoXx
May 19th, 2006, 23:03
Honestly the people that use foul language agasint psmonkey and demon shud go and fhk off. psmonkey and pspdemon help us and if they wanted they could quit wenever they want...

Ralan
May 19th, 2006, 23:19
Anyone who insults PSmonkeys work should get a Ip ban, Anyway when today is Iris 0.2 coming out?

xXSujoXx
May 20th, 2006, 00:28
Cmon Release it im so anxious

PSmonkey
May 20th, 2006, 00:33

Hey everybody. Here is my contact info. DDOS my ass hole all night long please. ;)

The IP Address is: 24.165.91.120. The host name is: cpe-24-165-91-120.socal.res.rr.com.

Wow you're so gay you even like having your PC hammered.

Good for you.

PSmonkey
May 20th, 2006, 00:34
oh sorry. slight delay. Still stuck at work driving to go beta on the DS game i am doing.

Iris is comming. :P

Ralan
May 20th, 2006, 00:52
oh sorry. slight delay. Still stuck at work driving to go beta on the DS game i am doing.

Iris is comming. :P
(Sits and waits.......................................... gets bored and yells at the screen)
Good work on M64 BTW:)

NSCXP2005
May 20th, 2006, 01:16
haysuess64 F**k Off this board, PSMonkey is one of the best coders there is. If you think you are so good then you make a N64 Emu!!!!

so P*ss Off

Respect to PSMonkey.
Can't wait for the new project & you're N64 emu is the best!!

NSCXP2005

BrooksyX
May 20th, 2006, 01:24
cant be much longer now!

hey by the way hope produkt will release that halo mod like he said he would and some other mods would be sweet to.

Shilo
May 20th, 2006, 01:30
Can't wait for Iris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Ralan
May 20th, 2006, 01:57
...... When is this getting released :confused:
Im crazy with boredom

Psyberjock
May 20th, 2006, 03:09
Can I make a comment/suggestion?

Since you're going to base it off of the Iris engine, I think it would be a much better use of time and effort if you made the level layout and camera placement more like Dynasty Warriors and 99Nights. The side scroller style will take away from the flexibility of the engine, in my opinion. Or if you could make both formats possible, I think we could see a wider range of mods.

Personally I like Dynasty Warriors type games more than Double Dragon type games. I think DW games are the next evolution of the DD games and we should continue with that forward progress.

However, to preserve the possibilities for both something along these lines might work:

A DD type game could be made with a map with very little depth and a flag that would set the camera in an optimal position.

A DW type game would have a different camera flag set and a larger map.

Then if we can also set flags to allow weapons or not and whether or not those weapons are persistant across levels that would let us further seperate the DW and DD without requiring too much additional programming on the part of the modders.

Sorry if some of my ideas are conflicting or unclear, I thought most of this out as I began typing. :D

Edit: added a bit of clarification

PSmonkey
May 20th, 2006, 03:38
Rather interesting sudgestion. Actualy the plan was to figure out a new map format to acomplish things but if I go the route you sudgest then quake3 format might be the best method of doing that.

I'll have to look into that idea a bit more.

Actualy I wanted more DD style since DW might be a bit too close to iris.

Psyberjock
May 20th, 2006, 03:44
Interesting, I hadn't thought of Iris as being so close to DW, but now that you mention it, I can see lots of similarities. The weapon styles are the only difference I guess. Except for character advancement. Hmm... I might have to take a look into modding Iris! :)

modcase
May 20th, 2006, 04:08
"I recently finaly got an atomiswave kit with demolish fist in for my arcade"

Yeah now thats what I'm talking about. The atomiswave has some good games (along with some ho-hum ones as well)

idapimp
May 20th, 2006, 04:59
demolish fist looks awesome. and LMAO@ Giant fighting babies.