PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo: Sony steals our ideas

wraggster
May 19th, 2006, 22:57
Nintendo UK boss David Yarnton has lashed out at Sony's new motion sensing controller, suggesting that the PlayStation creator has copied Nintendo's ideas - past and present.

Speaking to MCV in the wake of Sony's E3 press conference last week, Yarnton was quick to point out Sony's change of attitude since Nintendo unveiled their motion sensing Wii Controller late last year. "I'd love to dig up some old Phil Harrison comments and say 'hang on a second - six months ago when we launched our controller you said one thing, and now why are you doing this?'" Yarnton thundered.

Yarnton also slammed the lack of force feedback in Sony's redesigned PS3 controller, blaming patent issues for the omission: "Historically we're always developing new things. We know Sony have had a lot of issues with their rumble feature and they've had to withdraw it - because they didn't innovate, they copied."

Yarnton went on to suggest that Sony has not only followed Nintendo's lead, but copied their ideas in the past: "I don't know what [Sony's] decision making process is but I think if you look back, any innovation that has come in gameplay has come from us," he said.

"With Nintendo, I'm trying to think of anything we've copied... but I can't," concluded Yarnton. We're sure you'll let him know if they have and what you think of his assertions in the comment section below.

Via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=140270)

fackue
May 19th, 2006, 23:04
Lmao

Video_freak
May 20th, 2006, 00:13
i couldn't have said it better myself.

Miria
May 20th, 2006, 01:18
Dont you remember that Sony a.k.a the Playstation was made from Nintendo so becareful nintendo you may have an insider regardless

Shilo
May 20th, 2006, 01:26
Ya, Soild Snake is sneaking into Nintendo HQ and is stealing info :D

bullhead
May 20th, 2006, 01:31
Ha ha, he sounds like a school child telling the teacher on the kid who copied his homework.

emuking
May 20th, 2006, 04:11
he speaks the truth, though he sounds like a whiner

the one and only
May 20th, 2006, 05:25
lol stupid sony copying nintendo

the one and only
May 20th, 2006, 05:35
oh yeah i just found this

Q: Do you think Sony copied Nintendo with its new controller?

A: (Laughs.) Actually before they made the announcement we already anticipated that they might do that, so I had to laugh. Even though I was laughing, it was with a grim face, I should add. (Laughs.)

seems that he wasnt to happy about ps3 copying nintendo either

El_Mariachi
May 20th, 2006, 11:53
yeah with sony it's just about what sells not actually coming up with a creative idea on their own. Which is why sony sucks

Miria
May 20th, 2006, 23:01
Your Right there Ei Mariachi no real creativity with Sony. Nevermind though, the REVOLUTION has come and its time for a Smackdown Sony.....

dkgreek
June 3rd, 2006, 04:08
Dumbass, there would be no f'ing insider. That was done in the early 1990's when Nintendo broke off the CD deal with Sony and that's how the PS was born.

MistaCloudStrife
September 12th, 2006, 20:27
Dont you remember that Sony a.k.a the Playstation was made from Nintendo so becareful nintendo you may have an insider regardless

BS. The PSX was NOT made from Nintendo. They had a contract agreement that stated Sony would make a CD add on for the Snes, but Nintendo backed down, embarrassed Sony, and Sony came back YEARS later with a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT system than the Snes and N64.

A system that used the CD as it's media(700megs, and capable for multiple disks), and a system that was easy as pie to create games for.

Oh and just about every popular game company has patents on thier own motion sensitive hardware. It's not new. It's actually fairly old.

The Hombrew Hunter
September 12th, 2006, 20:46
I agree with Nintendo.

IF THEY SUPPORTED HOMEBREW, MILLIONS WOULD LOVE THEM MORE.

....hmm...*cough*

tisti
September 12th, 2006, 21:24
Holy thread resurection :confused:

lexluthor
September 12th, 2006, 22:36
Haha I love this stuff. Nintendo are right.

The original PS controller was just the SNES controller with added handles.

The Duel analogue PS controller was a rip off of the N64 controller.

The Duel shock PS controller was a rip off of the Nintendo rumble pack.

The PS3 controller is a rip off of the Wiimote.

Its all down the line.

(Haha and yeah why did this get brought back up?)

gotmilk0112
September 12th, 2006, 23:23
sony copies nintendo because of this:

$ony is an electronics company. NOT A GAMING COMPANY.

whilist nintendo is a full-on gaming company.

so, sony sucks.

$$$$$$ony = COPY CAT!!!!!!!1!!111!!!1oneone!!1!eleven!1!!1111

and sony is about to be SMACK'D DOWN by the Wii.

pros and cons of Wii + PS3

------------------
Wii
------------------

pros:

new innotive controller
good series games(mario, zelda, metroid, rayman, FF ect.)
low cost of 275$
regular games cost of 49.99$
ability to download virtual console games with WiiConect24 (Nes, SNES, N64, Genesis, TurboGrafix-16 ect.)
24-7 internet connectivity with WiiConnect24

cons:

no DVD playback (that we know of yet)

------------------------------
PS3
------------------------------

Pros:

great graphics
some good series games (MGS,resident evil(?) )
ability to play BLU-RAY DVD's
Blu-Ray games with up to 48gigs of memory.
DVD playback compatibility

Cons:

EXTREMLY HIGH PRICE: $600 (eek!)
extremly high games price: $99 (omfg!!!)
motion sensor controller COPYING NINTENDO!! (even though its just tilt and most games WONT use it.)

masterpaul
September 13th, 2006, 16:05
Sony is risking a lot here...

If even a couple compontents a similiarv
(in Sony's controller)... Nintendo will have the right to force Sony to withdraw there controller.

Oh, and the DVD playback not appearing on the Wii, was just a rumor.