PDA

View Full Version : Speed & Pass

Sousanator
May 20th, 2006, 02:17
I'd just like to say, this is NOT my Lua Coding Comp entry(you'll see that later)

This is another game I started awhile ago, and I had some free time, so I finished this one.

You must dodge all the cars with as much speed as possible, and try not to crash. You only get 1 point if your going faster than 200mph and pass a car, and 2 points if your at your max speed(215mph). You get 3 lives.

If you like a challenge and car games, you should like this game.
(Note you need Lua Player for this Game)

http://sousanator.psparchive.de/programs/SPscreenshot.png

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Shilo
May 20th, 2006, 02:24
Looks fun :D

Psyberjock
May 20th, 2006, 02:34
Uhh, aren't those sprites from GTA1?

Sousanator
May 20th, 2006, 02:37
either gta1 or 2, i forget, but yes

wraggster
May 20th, 2006, 02:42
neat, thanks for the release :)

the one and only
May 20th, 2006, 03:55
yeah gta1 i remember the good ol days making mods for it :O we need a gta1 homebrew app!! that would rock

gronne
May 20th, 2006, 09:17
Yeah it's such a shame they never released the sourcecode to this fantastic game, so people could enjoy it and make fantastic new versions(new sprites, higher resolution, support for newer graphic cards) of one of the funniest and most cool games ever. I played this game for probably hundred hours. I think one could do SO much with the sourcecode.

Btw, are you sure about the legality of using the sprites from the game? I higly doubt Rockstar appreciates it(all these companies whine over bullshit issues).

ROCKSTAR: PLEASE RELEASE THE SOURCECODE!!!!

Psyberjock
May 20th, 2006, 10:22
Btw, are you sure about the legality of using the sprites from the game? I higly doubt Rockstar appreciates it(all these companies whine over bullshit issues).

That was my original point. Somehow my comment got others into a nostalgic conversation. I thought there was just a post on DCEMU about using sprites from commercial games. I think its frowned upon.

Nige
May 20th, 2006, 12:50
That was my original point. Somehow my comment got others into a nostalgic conversation. I thought there was just a post on DCEMU about using sprites from commercial games. I think its frowned upon.
It's not only frowned upon but downright hated. It's not difficult to make your own sprites is it? Just another reason why homebrew gets a bad name IMO...