PDA

View Full Version : First exploit working on the PSPGo.

wraggster
October 4th, 2009, 13:52
news via sceners (http://sceners.org/blog/?itemid=595)

From Freeplay we have this video (watch it by reading more), in where he has updated an exploit for working on the PSPGo models.

Even though the name of the game neither sound is shared, you can bet that this is real, an old exploit that has been modified in order for working on this models... and also on all firmwares and models. However, it looks to be just user-mode.

Looks like there are many other exploits that might still work, but if Sony made the right decitions on the 6.00+ upgrades, most probably a kernel jump won't be available. At least considering what we know atm.

release:6.10:
build:3745,0,3,1,0:builder@vsh-build6
system:54865@release_610,0x06010010:
vsh:p6501@release_610,v55286@release_610,20090918:
target:1:WorldWide

http://www.youtube.com/v/S16S-8o0pkE

http://www.youtube.com/v/wTDh3Kye5fY

Awesome news for the future of the PSP Scene and a kick up the arse for sony :P

Eviltaco64
October 4th, 2009, 15:08
So, the PSP that was supposed to oust piracy gets hacked 3 days after release? :rofl:

That guy is sort of a dick, though. He waves the partial exploits in your face, hides the game, and won't share any info on the exploit. :/

symbal
October 4th, 2009, 15:16
This is a save state hack for a PSN game so obviously Sony could just pull the game from the store as soon as the name of the game is found then just fix it so exploit won't work, but Freeplay said he could fairly easily modify the save file to work on other games, you can't blame them for not giving too much info when Sony could just ruin things.

Nokiaman
October 4th, 2009, 18:42
won't share any info on the exploit. :/
If he did that Sony would fix it.

DPyro
October 4th, 2009, 18:50
There are at least 10 other games that you could exploit, and at least 5 that are already on the PSN Store.

symbal
October 4th, 2009, 18:56
There might be other games but i think announcing an exploit this early is partly just a poke in the eye at Sony.

Eviltaco64
October 4th, 2009, 22:10
If he did that Sony would fix it.

I'm sorta aware of that. It's just that he rubs it in at the end. Nevertheless, an exploit will probably be found soon. I can/'t believe it's already been hacked. :P

PoorKingz
October 5th, 2009, 05:52
The exploit was most likely known before the PSPgo was released. There are quite a few exploits in games. I know of one game on PSN that is probably exploitable. It has the same exploit as the MOHH one. We just need a HEN or eLoader to make it useful.

dcdood
October 6th, 2009, 03:07
its a vicious cycle of trying to stop you from getting homebrew on your PSP... and he's smart to not tell people

say the game is : LocoRoco 3 , Theres a exploit in ofw 7.51,
retailers find out so LR3 went up in cost, Sony Finds out, they make a patch, System update to 7.6 w/ blocked exploit, and possibly a feature not many could care about, LR3 might be released forcing 7.6 on you, therefore no more homebrew for the late people :(

it sucks, we have no hb again, NEW exploit, cycle starts again...