PDA

View Full Version : Is Microsoft Working on Universal Vid Cap for Xbox 360Games?

wraggster
October 4th, 2009, 15:43
In a meeting last week with a game developer at the Tokyo Game Show, I asked them if they were planning on trying to incorporate in-game video capture into their title. The type you see in Halo 3.

The answer was interesting and, I believe, accidental.
"We'd love to have video capture in our game, but why work on something that the platform holder is already developing," said the developer, who I'm keeping anonymous to cover for his accidental slip-up.

When I had a chance to sit down with Microsoft's Scott Austin, director of digital games at Live, I asked him about the concept.

Could the ability to capture and share videos from games be the next big software development for the Xbox 360?
"We are always thinking about ways that Live at the platform level can make games better," Austin said. "I'm not going to comment on video capture, but you can assume we are thinking about ways to make things more interactive.

http://kotaku.com/5372976/is-microsoft-working-on-universal-vid-cap-for-xbox-360-games