PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell my wii?

fg-54
October 4th, 2009, 16:31
I haven't used it in months and it doesn't look like that is going to change any time soon. I really need some cash right now because I want to buy a violin and some extras (strings, etc) and that is costly :P so what do you guys think?

Pros of selling wii:
I get money for something I never use

Cons:
if a good game comes out, I am screwed.

Right now, the only good game I see coming is that metroid one, but only because its ninja gaiden with samus as a playable character. I can get ninja gaiden on my ps3 or xbox 360 :P I am not into that mari galaxy game so that is out as well.

So, any suggestions are appreciated :)

Shadowblind
October 4th, 2009, 16:42
It depends. If you like Super Mario Galaxy, then no. If not, then probably.

VampDude
October 4th, 2009, 17:13
@ Shadowblind: Super Mario Galaxy sucks balls... One of the few Mario games I dislike. :eek:

@ fg-54: You can always sell, and then in the near future buy a cheaper Wii console from eBay...

The only games coming soon (rated by emoticon) that are currently standing out to look good are:

:confused: Cate West: The Vanishing Files
:cool: Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
:) Goosebumps: Horrorland (no idea why? except I read the book)
:D Ju-On: The Grudge
:D Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
:D Ghostbusters: The Video Game
:cool: Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex
:cool: New Super Mario Bros Wii
:cool: Metroid: Other M

The New Mario Bros. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Super_Mario_Bros._Wii) title looks promising... A title worth owning a Wii for. :cool:

Shadowblind
October 4th, 2009, 19:52
Lol I've never played it, I just know that it has a sequel coming out soon. I'm hanging onto mine for Tales of Graces.

DPyro
October 4th, 2009, 20:27
Wait till the new Mario games come out. I know I personally haven't touched mine either, but it has more value if I keep it than sell it.

VampDude
October 4th, 2009, 21:02
@ Shadowblind: You aren't missing much by not playing it, though the sequel could be better. :cool:

@ $n!pR: More value to keep it, because it's the current homebrew scene (though not much of one). The new Mario Bros. game will be awesome, by the look of it. :cool:

Eviltaco64
October 4th, 2009, 22:16
I still see no reason to get one. Once the price goes down (yes, I know it just went down to $199, I'm talking cheaper :P) and there's more games for it, then we're talking. :)

VampDude
October 4th, 2009, 22:47
There is every reason to own a Wii: A library of awesome games, and homebrew... Plus you can buy the Wii relatively cheap these days. :cool:

I like that the online features are FREE, the ultimate reason to own a Wii is to play awesome titles like Mario Kart and Smash Bros. aswell as a few titles from the WiiWare section. :)

fg-54
October 5th, 2009, 00:22
Ya, imma sell it. If I really want one later on, I will be able to get one cheap :P

Say hello to my upcoming violin: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31FFDRhl-BL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I already got someone who wants to buy it, I offered it for $150 because that is all I need :P

Eviltaco64
October 5th, 2009, 00:32
There is every reason to own a Wii: A library of awesome games, and homebrew... Plus you can buy the Wii relatively cheap these days. :cool:

I like that the online features are FREE, the ultimate reason to own a Wii is to play awesome titles like Mario Kart and Smash Bros. aswell as a few titles from the WiiWare section. :)

Only a few titles interest me personally (1st party Nintendo games and most Capcom games).

I use Xbox and PSP for homebrew. For homebrew, Wii doesn't really offer anything that those two didn't do. Still, it looks promising, and I hope I'm proven wrong. :P

Doesn't Wii have some pay to play online games? Also, that friend code thing sound annoying.

I still have a lot of Gamecube games to play through before I upgrade. :)

VampDude
October 5th, 2009, 17:37
I still have a lot of Gamecube games to play through before I upgrade. :)

You can play through the GameCube catalogue with a Wii... Backwards compatibility, the Wii is every Nintendo console (minus the DS and GameBoy's) in one. :cool:

Doesn't Wii have some pay to play online games? Also, that friend code thing sound annoying.

Nope, it's all FREE (like it should be)... The Friend Code thing doesn't affect me, especially when playing Mario Kart because I play against total strangers. The only games that are best to play with friends are titles such as Bomberman and Dr.Mario, because you can personally tell someone they suck afterwards via the message board. :p

Eviltaco64
October 5th, 2009, 20:43
You can play through the GameCube catalogue with a Wii... Backwards compatibility, the Wii is every Nintendo console (minus the DS and GameBoy's) in one. :cool:

Nope, it's all FREE (like it should be)... The Friend Code thing doesn't affect me, especially when playing Mario Kart because I play against total strangers. The only games that are best to play with friends are titles such as Bomberman and Dr.Mario, because you can personally tell someone they suck afterwards via the message board. :p

I have no need to get a Wii yet when there's only a few games I want and I still haven't played through a lot of the Gamecube's good game library.

Nintendo and Sony are doing it right with the free online, though. I hated paying for Xbox Live Gold (even though you can get one month free over and over again by making new accounts).

VampDude
October 5th, 2009, 21:26
I never liked the GameCube, though the only titles worth playing are the Zelda titles which I own and played them all... Though I was somewhat disappointed with the GameCube Zelda titles. :(

There used to be a website that would create new Live account codes, though in return it spammed your e-mail. I like the 48 hour codes, they don't require making a new account... Though to me, the Xbox 360 loses with the online feature since it isn't free like the competitors... Dreamcast used to be free on dialup here in the UK, for BT customers... Many hours wasted playing ChuChu Rocket. :)

acn010
October 7th, 2009, 02:04
have u sold it yet? ;D

fg-54
October 8th, 2009, 02:38
No, my mom wants to buy it from me but she won't buy it till x-mas :P she wants to send it over to my cousin in Colombia :P