PDA

View Full Version : Iris 0.2 Alpha (WIP) & Patch

PSmonkey
May 20th, 2006, 03:50
http://nemo.dcemu.co.uk/Screenshot1.jpg

http://nemo.dcemu.co.uk/Screenshot3.jpg

Please note this is still a serious work in progress.

- Note, Sorry for the rather large file size (its because I included some quake2 deathmatch maps that were converted to quake3).

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Iris (ver 0.2 Alpha)
// By PSmonkey, MGFox & Produkt ( nemo.dcemu.co.uk )

// Icon by pochi
http://pochistyle.pspwire.net/

// Copyright Notes
The Maps were created & edited by MGFox & Produkt ( nemo.dcemu.co.uk )
Invader was created by Reed Hawker ( http://www.alternatedimension.com/invader.html )
Q2Female & Q2Male were created by ID Software. The models are a direct copy from Quake 2 demo (With texture converted to .tga format) ( http://www.idsoftware.com )
Q2DM Maps were created by ID Software. The maps were pulled from planetQuake.com.

// Alpha Note
Please note that this is still a work in progress. I am releasing 0.2 early so map moders can get a general
feel of the latest engine. There are many improvements to 0.2 that moders will need to take into consideration
when making their maps.

// Info
This is and alpha build of Iris 0.2 which hopefuly will become a big fan favorite in the psp scene.
Iris is a Simple yet fun death match game for the psp. Users can load up one of the included maps &
player models to play with or go online and download more maps & Quake 2 models to use in game. The
over all goal of this project is to have something simple, quick & fun yet not be restricted to maps
or characters they dont like. Eventualy the project will progress far enough to allow many things to
be modified or different game types made by the scene.

On behalf of Iris team, Happy Hunting!!

P.S. Sorry it's a little rough around the edges still. 0.2 is still heavly a work in progress!!

// Suported Features
.) Simple yet fun deathmatch gameplay.
.) Suports Quake 3 Maps modified for Iris (Document to come soon).
.) Suports Quake 2 MD2 Character Model Files (Document to come soon).
.) Basic & Advance Controlls.
.) Play against 0-4 bots (with simple AI).

// To Do
.) WiFi - Infrastructure & Adhoc.
.) Proper polygon clipping.
.) Improved collision system (to allow slopes, steps & ladders).
.) Implement MD3 & MD4 suport.
.) Improve gameplay.

// To Use
1) Copy the "Iris" Folder to the root of the memory stick.
..) Example "G:\" (replace G: with your psp drive letter)
2) Copy the "GAME" folder in the "PSP X.X" to your "memstick:/PSP/" folder
..) X.X = your psp version (1.5 or 1.0).
..) Note, This game should work on 2.0 psp units. use the 1.0 verison.
3) Run Iris & Enjoy :)

// Simple Controlls
D-Pad Left & Right - Rotate Camera
D-Pad Up & Down - Move Forward & Backward
Cross / X - Fire
Triangle - Jump
Left Trigger - Flip Animation
Right Trigger - Taunt Animation
Analog Left & Right - See D-Pad Left & Right
Analog Up & Down - See D-Pad Up & Down

// Advance Controlls
D-Pad Left & Right - Strafe
D-Pad Up & Down - Move Forward & Backward
Square & Circle - Rotate Camera
Cross/X & Triange - Tilt Camera
Left Trigger - Jump
Right Trigger - Taunt Animation
Analog Left & Right - See D-Pad Left & Right
Analog Up & Down - See D-Pad Up & Down

// Greetings
Clessy, wraggster, Pochi, Snipr, Zeenbor, all at dcemu, & everybody who suports homebrew programmers.

// Special Thanks
ID Software, People who wrote the docs on parsing the Q3 Bsp file & the guy who made the chq2 dm mappak!

Q2DM Map Fix:

I found the bug and here is a small fix till I can actualy correct the code later tonight.

Here is the actual problem if you wish to correct it your self (or just download the posted zip).

-- The Bug --

I found the bug. I will issue a revision tonight for it. It's trying to load the health packs from "ms0:/BspMaps/models/items/healing/medium/tris.md2" and not "ms0:/Iris/models/items/healing/medium/tris.md2".

A simple fix now would be to make a folder called BspMaps on the root of your memory stick and copy the models folder into it (not players folder).

-- Release Notes --
// Iris 0.2 Q2DM Map Fix
/////////////////////////

// To Patch
///////////
To patch the 0.2 alpha release. Copy the "BspMaps" folder from this archive to the root of your memory stick (example e:\)

This should correc the problem temporary till I can correct the bug in code later and issue a revision (gonna find the ai crash as well for the revision).

// Directory Structure (Replace E with the letter of your memory stick when connected as an external drive)
//////////////////////

E:/BspMaps/
E:/BspMaps/models/...

E:/Iris/
E:/Iris/Maps/...
E:/Iris/textures/...
E:/Iris/Players/...
E:/Iris/models/...

... Signifies all the stuff that are located in that folder.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

the one and only
May 20th, 2006, 04:00
awesome, sweet 1st download, u rule psmonkey

Gizmo356
May 20th, 2006, 04:02
good job

Ralan
May 20th, 2006, 04:05
you rule pspmonkey

pkmaximum
May 20th, 2006, 04:19
Great work PSmonkey!!

ExcruciationX
May 20th, 2006, 04:20
Congrats on your second Iris release, PSMonkey!

Shadowblind
May 20th, 2006, 04:22
real nice. havent played it yet. Canya post a screenshot, I cant get it to work on PSP yet.

Produkt
May 20th, 2006, 04:33
all of you modders or those wanting to see a little tech demo.

http://www.half-there.uni.cc/psp/iris/files/Iris_Examples_0.2a.rar

make sure you set bots to "0" or you wont be too happy...

BrooksyX
May 20th, 2006, 04:39
monkey any time i try loading one of the new maps my psp freezes(is anyone else having this problem?)
other than that nice release!

Ralan
May 20th, 2006, 04:41
monkey any time i try loading one of the new maps my psp freezes(is anyone else having this problem?)
other than that nice release!
I also have this problem

BrooksyX
May 20th, 2006, 04:43
all of you modders or those wanting to see a little tech demo.

http://www.half-there.uni.cc/psp/iris/files/Iris_Examples_0.2a.rar

make sure you set bots to "0" or you wont be too happy...

nice maps product,
any chance that you were still going to give out that guys halo mod?

PSmonkey
May 20th, 2006, 04:53
which new map and in what way does it freeze?

BrooksyX
May 20th, 2006, 05:03
it is all the new ones like match1, q2dm ones(didnt try all but i tried most), and strike.

it freezes when it says press start, after all the textures and stuff are loaded.

I have a 1.5 psp, and i reinstalled iris twice.

stotheamuel
May 20th, 2006, 05:05
hahah 12th to publicly view this masterpiece.... it is great by te screen shots and videos i've seen

BrooksyX
May 20th, 2006, 05:09
Psmonkey any chance you could add the option to invert the y axis on advanced control?

Produkt
May 20th, 2006, 05:12
I have all the files except for the texture sheet I some how magicly misplaced that one file and the kid has gone to sleep so... I guess I'll have to see about it tomarrow

I could play the guessing game and make a new one... but this isn't my mod, and I'm not too enthusiastic about making another skin.

BrooksyX
May 20th, 2006, 05:13
thats cool, i could wait.

stotheamuel
May 20th, 2006, 05:23
same problem

DPyro
May 20th, 2006, 05:50
PSmonkey should have tested the maps first before including them....don't worry though, I have something to contribute when I feel I'm ready ;)

DPyro
May 20th, 2006, 06:00
Ok I've tested this build with my map and it also doesnt work so its something wrong with the build.

nugatron
May 20th, 2006, 06:09
Yeah, I can't get anything of the maps to work but I know this is just an alpha version so I won't complain :)

PSmonkey
May 20th, 2006, 06:24
people really having issues? It works flawless on my side. I'll check things again. Does it crash at the press start to continue screen?

DPyro
May 20th, 2006, 06:30
Ya PSmonkey its a problem on your side (I can't load any of the maps you included, or my own - yet when I use the old build all of em work fine).

P.S Is it alright if I post that old build up for others to try?

acn010
May 20th, 2006, 06:37
cool, frezes though, cant complain either. :)

nugatron
May 20th, 2006, 06:38
Yeah it always crashes right after everything has loaded and i press start to continue... any ideas as to why?

DPyro
May 20th, 2006, 06:48
OK...I'm gonna assume your alright with me posting up the older build (sorry its late, and I dont wanna wait up all night for a reply). So here it is...the older build of Iris....(PSmonkey, plz dont kill me if your not alright with this - I'll remove it asap if you want me to).

P.S rename iris folder to bspmaps

BrooksyX
May 20th, 2006, 06:55
thanks sniper.

Be3f
May 20th, 2006, 06:57
My PSP 1.5 freezes, while loading Q2 maps :( (iris says that map succesfully loaded, but pressing start doesn't effect!) Original IRIS maps work fine what may be the problem?

Briggzy11
May 20th, 2006, 07:07
...im sorry if this goes a bit off topic but i didnt even manage to install iris v1 and i just want to know how to install it with a better description like where to put which folder and how to load it.

I do have a 2.6 PSP and the menu for iris V1 loaded but i cudnt pick a arena or character, it just sed no character or arena found :(

Thank you for any help i may be able get from you all

x

BrooksyX
May 20th, 2006, 07:09
did you put the "iris" folder on the root of the memory stick

tobiasbp
May 20th, 2006, 08:56
Is the rar file corrupt?

This is how it looks like at my end:

NRAR 3.50 beta 3 freeware Copyright (c) 1993-2005 Alexander Roshal

Extracting from Iris.rar

Creating Iris OK
Creating Iris/Iris OK
Creating Iris/Iris/Maps OK
Extracting Iris/Iris/Maps/Arena.bsp OK
Extracting Iris/Iris/Maps/Aztec.bsp OK
Extracting Iris/Iris/Maps/Hideout.bsp OK
Extracting Iris/Iris/Maps/Match1.bsp OK
Extracting Iris/Iris/Maps/Q2dm1.bsp OK
Extracting Iris/Iris/Maps/Q2dm2.bsp OK
Extracting Iris/Iris/Maps/Q2dm3.bsp OK
Extracting Iris/Iris/Maps/Q2dm4.bsp 99%
Iris/Iris/Maps/Q2dm4.bsp - CRC failed

kevho
May 20th, 2006, 09:08
yeah yeah yeah!!! Nice work, keep it up^_^"

kersplatty
May 20th, 2006, 09:33
nice cant w8 to try out

drquack02
May 20th, 2006, 09:43
Wow great work PSMonkey, really enjoying this.

BTW do you have any idea about which project you are going to focus on?

Are you going back to Monkey64 to make another build, or continue working on Iris?

titch.ryan
May 20th, 2006, 10:29
yay been waitin for this!! hope its as good and better as the first!

PSPKOR
May 20th, 2006, 11:15
Yes, alright nice work PSmonkey it looks good, I like that you have changed the lighting on the game. Plus thanks to $n!peR for getting the working Iris up nice and quick.:D

zoople
May 20th, 2006, 11:40
Really Goood Work!!! It Run Flowly!

I Hope you will make an Online Modus.
And i want Shot in Running.

wng

Gray Fox
May 20th, 2006, 13:03
Ah solved it anyway, works with 1 ai? didnt u say we must turn ai units of?

ExcruciationX
May 20th, 2006, 13:18
Maybe Iris has a memory problem somewhere???

ENG
May 20th, 2006, 13:30
None of the new maps work for me either,
anyone know why ?

P.S thanks PSMonkey

Celvin
May 20th, 2006, 13:45
Wow, this defienetly has potential! The game would freeze everytime I killed a bot, but I think Monkey mentioned that there were some stability issues with the bots before releasing the new build.

SephZero
May 20th, 2006, 13:57
could i use the maps of call of duty that has been created with quake 3 arena engine?

Produkt
May 20th, 2006, 14:45
CoD modified the BSP format.

You would have to get a source map which you would then compile through the Iris method.

Zeemon
May 20th, 2006, 16:44
That's weird...very werid...

When I use the May 17th version it says I don't have any Maps OR Players... But when I use the new version, It shows them all...

DPyro
May 20th, 2006, 16:55
That's weird...very werid...

When I use the May 17th version it says I don't have any Maps OR Players... But when I use the new version, It shows them all...
P.S rename iris to bspmaps

Zeemon
May 20th, 2006, 16:58
P.S rename iris to bspmaps
Ohh-- thanks! And sorry.... I guess I was too excited to finish the post!:p

psphack
May 20th, 2006, 17:26
here comes the halo here comes the halo lol

great job PSMonkey

Briggzy11
May 20th, 2006, 18:20
Thank you for the help earlier I managed get IRIS to work now...

...Damm its great cheers Monkey...

PSmonkey
May 20th, 2006, 19:29
FYI, There are advances in my build over snipers build for advance controlls.

Anyways the death animation bug is probably an invalid animation. I'll fix that tonight and post a revision.

For the Q2DM maps not working. I am not sure. They work fine on my end yet maybe its just a bad location (like the game trying to load up something from memstick:/BspMaps/ insted of Memstick:/Iris/

I'll take a look into both issues and post a revision later.

BrooksyX
May 20th, 2006, 19:56
hey monkey any chance you could add another advanced control option with a inverted y axis when you post the revision?

oh and an option to go back to the main mneu would be nice to so every time you want to play a new map you dont have to reset iris. (i dont know if this would be hard and time consuming or not)

any ways nice build and I cant wait to see the proggression of iris in the months to come.

PSmonkey
May 20th, 2006, 20:08
Q2DM Map fix

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=122690#post122690

BigMace,
I'll tack it into tonight's update. Not sure on the menu one tho as there would need to be serious engine clean up for that. :(

BrooksyX
May 20th, 2006, 20:25
Sweet, thanks.

Buddy4point0
May 20th, 2006, 20:38
on the match 1 map is it possible to get out of the water or do u just have to reset your psp and can u quit or change map/player in iris 0.2 or do you just have to reset your psp

Produkt
May 20th, 2006, 20:42
Water Doesnt work in Iris at this point in time...

if you are in an inescapable pit you will have to turn off your PSP, there is no way to exit a map at this time.

Buddy4point0
May 20th, 2006, 20:45
o ok well the thing i was in kinda looked like water and there was a bridge over it but ok

Produkt
May 20th, 2006, 20:53
its supposed to be water, but there isnt code for water movement so the area reacts asif it was just open air...

Buddy4point0
May 20th, 2006, 21:36
the strike map doesnt work correctly
it loads and all but you start in the middle of no ware like in the sky and you cant move
also on the up high star wars map i found a cool thing you can do but its not that cool but kinda on the main bridge you can jump off and theres a hall way at the bottom u can run to then theres no data or somthin and you can move around and it leaves trails from where u went

Shilo
May 20th, 2006, 23:04
Looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yet another good release by PSmonkey!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW I had a video game tournment at my school. I got my butt kicked in Halo 2 and in Super Smash Bros. Melee, but I got first in Soul Caliber II :D I won $10!

Timale-Kun
May 21st, 2006, 00:01
This is the monkey that everybody knows. hard word to improve entertainment on our PSPs, and you're doing it well...Keep going PSMonkey.

PS : give u my french link soon^^

PSmonkey
May 21st, 2006, 07:59
on the match 1 map is it possible to get out of the water or do u just have to reset your psp and can u quit or change map/player in iris 0.2 or do you just have to reset your psp

Hold select and press up or down on the d-pad. This is a debug thing I had in there to help with laval pits (usualy for water pits there is an exit for land somewhere).

Cooe14
May 21st, 2006, 08:01
What exactly does select do PSmonkey?
When I jump and press and hold it in mid-air I float for some reason.

333th post half-way to 666 :p

Zeemon
May 21st, 2006, 16:35
He just said one post back....

It's used to float...but you're supposed to use up and down arrows with it. And wow... It's a lot of fun!( Don't go off the side.... hehe)

DPyro
May 21st, 2006, 17:46
If your really stuck you can kill yourself :p

(push forward and hold X)

Zeemon
May 21st, 2006, 19:31
If your really stuck you can kill yourself :p

(push forward and hold X)
Does that work on Adv. Controls?

Produkt
May 21st, 2006, 22:57
he means to say run and shoot close to a wall... the plasma/bullet will hit the wall and stay long enough for you to run into it.

BrooksyX
May 21st, 2006, 23:23
hey produkt do you think the guy who made the halo mod would mind if i used his textures in my release.

edit: ill just release and hopefully he wont care.

Produkt
May 22nd, 2006, 00:03
He didnt put any copyright with it or anthing elce for that matter...

So... Shouldnt be any legal problems with him, but to be honest I think the only texture he made was the sky... the other ones look like they were ripped from Halo PC...

BrooksyX
May 22nd, 2006, 00:05
Alright ill use it my beaver creek mod that i just put up.

sroon
May 22nd, 2006, 02:17
Ok first off all today i (finally) tried Irus and it is very awsome i mean the textures are smooth the game runs perfectly, the levels are nice and it just plays so nicely.
it is a very good Homebrew game and i cant belevie that i just tried it now. Great Job!!
o and one more thing... there is a site where there are models and envoronments and ect..
and i wanted to know if we could use resources straight from there.
The site is
http://www.3dgamestudio.com/
Thanks. this is awsome!!!

Produkt
May 22nd, 2006, 03:31
We have tallented individuals already working on the project.

I have 2 player models being made for Iris (the official final version) aswell as weapons and levels

I actualy have Iris levels that only 2 of my co workers have seen.

Be3f
May 22nd, 2006, 11:24
I've tried q3 q1dm6 map & it ran and looked awesome! (but with some rendering issues) Quake 1 deathmatch with HW acceleration would be great on PSP! :roll: You can download the map here: http://www.truearchive.com/gallery/data/591/q1dm6.pk3

DPyro
May 23rd, 2006, 05:42
Here ya go!

PSmonkey
May 23rd, 2006, 06:24
Next time i'm gonna release just iris with the maps fox & produkt made. I will also release a few map packs of stuff ready to use in iris (like the q2dm maps).

gangsta_psp
May 23rd, 2006, 13:54
Iris is going to be awesome when its perfected. Great job so far psmonkey!

Accordion
May 23rd, 2006, 18:39
sorry if anyone has noticed this already, or if it is in another post

if you hold select and press the right shoulder button the game freezes and you can view the map as in the old map viewer, you can move around freely within the map and view the models..
one thing i noticed the character models ripple when you look carefully... as if they are made of water, what is causing that.

any way great release... as always

Accordion
May 23rd, 2006, 18:55
as far as i know the only debug selections are
up/down for height adjustments
left shoulder for screenshot(with a "screenshots" folder)
right shoulder for free look map viewer

any more anyone, i cant find any, but maybe there is some secret code....

erm PSmonkey please contemplate switching the controls to using the analog for free look and the symbol buttons for forward back and left right strafe
trust me... try it and you will see how good it works, full freedom. please

V3N0M
May 24th, 2006, 04:56
Has anyone heard any news on the Master cheif mod and when will the beta will be released.

tophead420
May 24th, 2006, 08:33
u r 1 bad mofo man i dont know how u do it but u do it well lol keep up the gr8 work on this

Demolition49
May 24th, 2006, 09:58
he usues c and c++ code :)

Be3f
May 24th, 2006, 10:33
erm PSmonkey please contemplate switching the controls to using the analog for free look and the symbol buttons for forward back and left right strafe
-My signature is Here! Wonna such controls!

I've had some experimens with q3bsp maps with IRIS 0.2.
Original Quake3 Arena maps loaded and worked fine, but with no textures (IRIS engine still doesn't support jpeg textures, only targa :( ) and heavy visual artifacts with Bezier surfaces - they are visualised as primitive and buggy wireframe; it would be great, if IRIS engine supported NURBS (PSP suppots it's hardware acceleration!)
RtCW maps loaded and worked too! Tried AM's Alice maps, but IRIS always crashes while loading :(
Are there any utilities, whitch can simply convert images from jpg to tga format (I mean, simply is when you don't have to open each texture, but apply conversion for directory!) Maybe there is the way to convert Splines into Traingles?
Anyway, the best thing is new IRIS build supporting jpg textures and even all Q3Engine features:rolleyes: , but it would take much time and work... Are you going to do this work, PSMonkey? Anyway, GL!;)

DPyro
May 24th, 2006, 13:45
Use Irfanview to batch convert jpg to tga.

Accordion
May 24th, 2006, 16:36
-My signature is Here! Wonna such controls!

be3f, what the hell do you mean?

BrooksyX
May 24th, 2006, 20:46
sorry accordian,
but i must disagree with you.
It would just be to hard to get used to, and you would feel strange when switching to console shooters. But thats why i still think my idea of holding down a button, such as square or triangle, to enter free look mode. So then you could use the analog for both.

Cooe14
May 24th, 2006, 21:54
I say have both first and third person views (battlefront style). But that would probably be too much work.

Accordion
May 24th, 2006, 22:11
the main problem with the controls is using the symbol buttons to look around, the buttons are just too far apart to allow smooth control.
i have said before, i am left handed and am used to using the left hand to look with the mouse and my right hand to use the arrow keys etc,
i dont know maybe full configurability (is that word right) for the controls would be best.

and everyone please try it before you judge it
try Quake 1 , just alter the config file by changing the buttons to the ones you want, just look through it and it will be obvious what the options are, oh and makesure to type
"+mlook" to ensure mouselook via the analog is always on
try before you buy... or something

BrooksyX
May 24th, 2006, 22:20
I say have both first and third person views (battlefront style). But that would probably be too much work.

nah, i dont think it is that hard, I just know if Psmonkey wants to add it.

Oh and accordain boy, you are basically asking for southpaw controls, which i am sure that could be added at somepoint. I wish monkey would consider haveing the L trigger to enter free look mode, and he could have x for jumping.

Ralan
May 24th, 2006, 22:50
nah, i dont think it is that hard, I just know if Psmonkey wants to add it.

Oh and accordain boy, you are basically asking for southpaw controls, which i am sure that could be added at somepoint. I wish monkey would consider haveing the L trigger to enter free look mode, and he could have x for jumping.
I think that it should be MGS 3 style, using the r trigger to go into first person mode and 3rd person to walk and jmp and other stuff.

BrooksyX
May 24th, 2006, 22:58
I think that it should be MGS 3 style, using the r trigger to go into first person mode and 3rd person to walk and jmp and other stuff.

thats kind of what i meant. But L would work better because R is for shooting.

Cooe14
May 25th, 2006, 02:49
thats kind of what i meant. But L would work better because R is for shooting.
Nice new avatar. Anyway I think L is better too.....unless PSmonkey decides to add grenades THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! :p

V3N0M
May 25th, 2006, 03:15
Good idea i also think Iris should be either 3rd person and 1st person aloung with some halo maps and characters. Then we have one dam fine game. Oh and being able to use vehicals. Is PSmonkey going to implement.

Shilo
May 25th, 2006, 03:26
Nice new avatar. Anyway I think L is better too.....unless PSmonkey decides to add grenades THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! :p

GRENADES!!!!!!!!!!!????????? I didn't even think of that! That would be soooooooooo cool :D That and vehicles :D

BrooksyX
May 25th, 2006, 03:31
lets not get off topic now.

and i am sure we could map grenades to like square
or cicle. and use x for jump.

V3N0M
May 25th, 2006, 03:35
Hey Bigmace is the shooting going to be inhanced? ya know looking real instead of little red squares.
Man iris has so much potential it can be virtualy anything i hope everything is implememted.

BrooksyX
May 25th, 2006, 03:40
I would assume yes, but honestly I cant tell you.
Thats a question for psmonkey.

V3N0M
May 25th, 2006, 03:41
Yah but he's busy tho. He really seams to like it hopefully he will implement all these ideas.

Matt2323
May 25th, 2006, 08:12
Nice game Psmonkey
Cant wait till its completed with Wifi that'll be nice
Keep it up

Accordion
May 25th, 2006, 09:48
assuming IRIS becomes the deathmatch game we all hope it to be, the control methods suggested using the analog for both moving and looking completely stops any chance of circle strafing
are you mad

BrooksyX
May 25th, 2006, 14:42
no it doesnt, have straf mapped to circle and square, have x for jump, and use triangle for grenades.

Cooe14
May 25th, 2006, 19:28
My control scheme-
R-Shoot
L-Grenades
X-Jump
[ ]-Pick up/Strafe left (if there are is than one weapon in the final version)
Select-Change viewpoint from 1st and 3rd person.
O-Strafe right
^- Move foward
Analog-Look around
Musical Note-Taunt

Accordion
May 25th, 2006, 21:58
okay, PSmonkeys method is and always will be the best for IRIS
i have had enough with my rant

Be3f
May 26th, 2006, 10:11
Ideal controls 4 me:

R - Shoot
L - Jump
^(Traingle key) - Forward
X - Backpedal
[ ] - Strafe Left
O - Strafe Right
Left Arrow - Prev Weapon
Right Arrow - Next Weapon
Down Arrow - Crotch
Up Arrow - Multiplayer Statistics
START = Toggle menu
SELECT - Toggle View (3-rd - 1-st Person)

I use this in Quake I (except SELECT) and frag everyone =) I'm right handed & this is comfortable!

Thanks 4 Sn!per - using Irfan View, I've converted all textures to tga and loaded all Q3Arena maps: most textures are still visualised incorrectly (I don't know the reason) and most features don't work (for textures - alpha channel, multitexturing, procedures, lights, mipmapping...), but looks sweet!
Framerate is high - ~40FPS. My dream is full Q3 (game) port on PSP... :rolleyes: Such as Q2 port... :rolleyes:

Accordion
May 26th, 2006, 12:06
that is what ive been saying
yes it is great, glad someone agrees

will there ever be a way to get the quake 3 jump pads to work, the quake3 maps i remember are full of them

Cooe14
May 26th, 2006, 19:59
I just edited and fixed up my control scheme on page 10 and I think it is perfect now.

Accordion
May 26th, 2006, 20:32
yep perfect in my opinion
just need to win over PSmonkey

and convert Bigmace

BrooksyX
May 26th, 2006, 21:05
youll never convert me.
no jp.

oh cooe, there is no way to go backwards and that doesnt really work for me because i like back pedal as i shoot to avoid fire.

Basically the way i see it, if we want to be able to jump and use greandes and also use the x, O, [], and ^ buttons for looking around. we are going to have to make grenades be one of the guns instead of its own weapon, so like if you want to use the grenades you have to switch to them.

Thats why i like my control scheme.

Accordion
May 27th, 2006, 00:22
right everyone shut up, i'm getting overly passionate about this, but good controls make a game.

analog for free look, always
symbol buttons for directional movement(forward, back, left right strafe)
R trigger to shoot
L trigger for grenade(or Jump, bit unsure on this)
down button to jump(or grenade, again, bit unsure)
left or right button to change weapons
up button to enable/disable VoIP chat
start for menu
select for stats
note for screenshot(purely for proving glory)

it is the only way, i haven't overlooked anything
...and if i have, i dont care as im going on holiday for a week and probably wont have computer access
personally i dont think i can take a week away from the net, all the knowledge that will escape me

Cooe14
May 27th, 2006, 00:44
youll never convert me.
no jp.

oh cooe, there is no way to go backwards and that doesnt really work for me because i like back pedal as i shoot to avoid fire.

Basically the way i see it, if we want to be able to jump and use greandes and also use the x, O, [], and ^ buttons for looking around. we are going to have to make grenades be one of the guns instead of its own weapon, so like if you want to use the grenades you have to switch to them.

Thats why i like my control scheme.
Oh fishsticks I forgot something. I will fiqure out a way though :D

Cooe14
May 27th, 2006, 00:48
right everyone shut up, i'm getting overly passionate about this, but good controls make a game.

analog for free look, always
symbol buttons for directional movement(forward, back, left right strafe)
R trigger to shoot
L trigger for grenade(or Jump, bit unsure on this)
down button to jump(or grenade, again, bit unsure)
left or right button to change weapons
up button to enable/disable VoIP chat
start for menu
select for stats
note for screenshot(purely for proving glory)

it is the only way, i haven't overlooked anything
...and if i have, i dont care as im going on holiday for a week and probably wont have computer access
personally i dont think i can take a week away from the net, all the knowledge that will escape me
VoIP?!?!?! Is that even possible?

BrooksyX
May 27th, 2006, 00:55
yeah it possible, socom supports it.
But arnt we getting a little ahead of ourselves here.

Cooe14
May 27th, 2006, 00:58
yeah it possible, socom supports it.
But arnt we getting a little ahead of ourselves here.
I meant for a homebrew game; and there has never been one with VoIP.
The guys that made socom had official sony dev kits.

BrooksyX
May 27th, 2006, 01:58
Im think they already got this working, if they havnt they will be able to.

disturbed19
May 28th, 2006, 05:48
hey sorry guys i know this aint related to the topic but can anyone give me the link to M64 2.0 compatability list?

V3N0M
June 2nd, 2006, 05:58
On the front page. Click on M64 compatiblity list.

hibbity
June 2nd, 2006, 17:30
here is a solution for grenades

Doubletap Ltrigger = grenade

jason turbo crow
June 3rd, 2006, 08:21
hello it says at the front page that all these folders are there like bsmaps put when i go to download it its a single file

jason turbo crow
June 3rd, 2006, 08:22
:( please help

Psyberjock
June 4th, 2006, 02:41
If this game isn't completely customizeable with the controls, there is no way that everyone is going to be happy. Too many people like stupid control setups.

Seriously, what's the use of an ANALOG control stick if it doesn't control the look angle? You can't snipe or move among distant targets very well if your trying to control your view with up and down.

tap tap tap..oops too far, tap tap taaaaaap, damn too far again... argh! (gets shot in the back) KAAAHHNN!

Give me a break.

ICE
September 5th, 2006, 05:18
easily the best "looking" psp homebrew yet. wait to go psmonkey.

mesosade
September 25th, 2006, 19:28
ugh shame about the goodbye now we'll have to wait god knows how long for another coder to pick up the source and bring a new release...

Muhu
September 26th, 2006, 23:44
Only time will tell....

what_tha_deuce---
October 3rd, 2006, 00:46
how do i play .rar files on psp

migokalle
October 19th, 2006, 12:05
damn! it wont work for me! can someone give me a link to an allready fixed folder with all the files put in the right place?
or just give me a ''map'' of where all the files will be?
(like: iris _: eboot and maps: ect....)
i use an 1.50 psp!

kevintrooper
December 8th, 2007, 05:18
Hey. Why did iris stop?