PDA

View Full Version : Segagaga Localization Help Request

Adilegian
October 4th, 2009, 17:29
Dear gentlefolks,

This is James Howell, project manager for the public domain localization of Segagaga. ("Public domain localization" might sound like a fancy way of getting around the rubric "fan translation," but there actually are legitimate reasons why it doesn't wholly qualify as a fan translation that I can't get into here.)

Anyway! Our programming cohorts are currently busy with their own projects and are unavailable at the moment, so I turn to the homebrew community with my plea.

We're trying to localize enough, for now, that would make the first R&D Lab area of Segagaga playable. However, to fully localize the material, we need access to the texture image files since several of the textures (such as background images) feature Japanese writing and could be amended to make the English language experience more comprehensive.

The problem is that I am unsure how to access these texture images. My research has pointed to .PVR as the usual format for texture images, and I've downloaded the appropriate utilities to convert .PVR files into more standard formats. However, the .PVR files that exist do not contain any meaningful image data, and I'm not sure where else to look to extract these images.

Can anyone direct me to a DC development utility that would enable me to extract these images for localization editing?

If anyone could offer direct support in this problem, I'd be triply grateful. My strengths lie in linguistics rather than in coding or programming.

Thanks!

MAXIMUSpowers
October 5th, 2009, 20:05
I am looking forward to the release of this translation

YZB
October 19th, 2009, 05:00
mrg file which contains the packaging and compression pvr files
:D

Mr.Denny
October 29th, 2009, 21:01
Man, this would be a superb translation if completed. The game always looked extremely interesting for any Sega fan.

spinksy
October 30th, 2009, 00:57
Wish I could help with this - REALLY looking forward to this!!!

YZB
November 15th, 2009, 07:13
http://user.qzone.qq.com/37859365/infocenter?ptlang=2052

decode