PDA

View Full Version : IRIS v.2 alpha out!

Cap'n 1time
May 20th, 2006, 04:10
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/iris2.jpg

After a long day of waiting PSmonkey has finally released a new version IRIS!, heres the release info:

"Please note this is still a serious work in progress.

- Note, Sorry for the rather large file size (its because I included some quake2 deathmatch maps that were converted to quake3).

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Iris (ver 0.2 Alpha)
// By PSmonkey, MGFox & Produkt ( http://nemo.dcemu.co.uk )

// Icon by pochi
http://pochistyle.pspwire.net/

// Copyright Notes
The Maps were created & edited by MGFox & Produkt ( nemo.dcemu.co.uk )
Invader was created by Reed Hawker ( http://www.alternatedimension.com/invader.html )
Q2Female & Q2Male were created by ID Software. The models are a direct copy from Quake 2 demo (With texture converted to .tga format) ( http://www.idsoftware.com )
Q2DM Maps were created by ID Software. The maps were pulled from planetQuake.com.

// Alpha Note
Please note that this is still a work in progress. I am releasing 0.2 early so map moders can get a general
feel of the latest engine. There are many improvements to 0.2 that moders will need to take into consideration
when making their maps.

// Info
This is and alpha build of Iris 0.2 which hopefuly will become a big fan favorite in the psp scene.
Iris is a Simple yet fun death match game for the psp. Users can load up one of the included maps &
player models to play with or go online and download more maps & Quake 2 models to use in game. The
over all goal of this project is to have something simple, quick & fun yet not be restricted to maps
or characters they dont like. Eventualy the project will progress far enough to allow many things to
be modified or different game types made by the scene.

On behalf of Iris team, Happy Hunting!!

P.S. Sorry it's a little rough around the edges still. 0.2 is still heavly a work in progress!!

// Suported Features
.) Simple yet fun deathmatch gameplay.
.) Suports Quake 3 Maps modified for Iris (Document to come soon).
.) Suports Quake 2 MD2 Character Model Files (Document to come soon).
.) Basic & Advance Controlls.
.) Play against 0-4 bots (with simple AI).

// To Do
.) WiFi - Infrastructure & Adhoc.
.) Proper polygon clipping.
.) Improved collision system (to allow slopes, steps & ladders).
.) Implement MD3 & MD4 suport.
.) Improve gameplay.

// To Use
1) Copy the "Iris" Folder to the root of the memory stick.
..) Example "G:\" (replace G: with your psp drive letter)
2) Copy the "GAME" folder in the "PSP X.X" to your "memstick:/PSP/" folder
..) X.X = your psp version (1.5 or 1.0).
..) Note, This game should work on 2.0 psp units. use the 1.0 verison.
3) Run Iris & Enjoy

// Simple Controlls
D-Pad Left & Right - Rotate Camera
D-Pad Up & Down - Move Forward & Backward
Cross / X - Fire
Triangle - Jump
Left Trigger - Flip Animation
Right Trigger - Taunt Animation
Analog Left & Right - See D-Pad Left & Right
Analog Up & Down - See D-Pad Up & Down

// Advance Controlls
D-Pad Left & Right - Strafe
D-Pad Up & Down - Move Forward & Backward
Square & Circle - Rotate Camera
Cross/X & Triange - Tilt Camera
Left Trigger - Jump
Right Trigger - Taunt Animation
Analog Left & Right - See D-Pad Left & Right
Analog Up & Down - See D-Pad Up & Down

// Greetings
Clessy, wraggster, Pochi, Snipr, Zeenbor, all at dcemu, & everybody who suports homebrew programmers.

// Special Thanks
ID Software, People who wrote the docs on parsing the Q3 Bsp file & the guy who made the chq2 dm mappak!"

Download and comments in his original thread here. (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=122385#post122385)

pspfan
May 20th, 2006, 04:23
You probably shouldn't quote him with the forum tags, because those aren't shown on the front page news. Just do what Wraggster does and write here's what he had to say: and paste it instead of quoting him.

Produkt
May 20th, 2006, 04:35
those of you interested in modding, here's a sample map (be advised following the tutorial on 0.1 editing with the addition of this sample will help you understand 0.2a mapping)

http://www.half-there.uni.cc/psp/iris/files/Iris_Examples_0.2a.rar

wraggster
May 20th, 2006, 09:54
fixed the newspost :)

also i finally gave Produkt Moderator status (also means u can newspost and edit news too ;))

Cap'n 1time
May 20th, 2006, 14:35
You probably shouldn't quote him with the forum tags, because those aren't shown on the front page news. Just do what Wraggster does and write here's what he had to say: and paste it instead of quoting him.

yeah, it was late. good idea though, I'll note that for the future :) . sorry for the crap news post :( .

Congrats produckt! i suggested you a long time ago actually! :)

Andraik
May 20th, 2006, 17:50
Sweet a new IRIS!

pokothehobo
May 20th, 2006, 18:41
thanks psmonkey! i know its prolly hard when you have to different groups of people complaining for you to work on to different projects, (monkey 64 and iris) so thanks!

Ennohex
May 20th, 2006, 18:43
DAMN fine work, keep it up!

mr_nick666
May 20th, 2006, 19:59
This is great :) Does PSmonkey ever SLEEP?? :confused:

gotmilk0112
May 20th, 2006, 20:31
what is this? quake 2 or somthing? and does it work on 2.01+ ?

ENG
May 21st, 2006, 12:33
It is a 3D deathmatch game using Quake 2 player models, and i think it works on 2.01+

Briggzy11
June 3rd, 2006, 14:15
I love this game so much but I just need to ask something if anybody can help me (P.S. I really think I am staying on topic, if not i am sorry)

Does anybody know a program i can use to convert the textures of a character to .TGA file?

x

Gene
June 4th, 2006, 16:07
I'm not sure what version I have, but the ai sucks. The enemies basically turn in clockwise until they face you at 0 degrees. then they shoot until you die. but if you move, they have to turn all over again. also get stuck on walls

Dont say a game is bad, until you see all the hard work that was put into making it. You might have a second opinion.:cool:

gsyph0
June 5th, 2006, 02:31
I'm not sure what version I have, but the ai sucks. The enemies basically turn in clockwise until they face you at 0 degrees. then they shoot until you die. but if you move, they have to turn all over again. also get stuck on walls

gsyph0
June 5th, 2006, 16:06
I greatly prefer Robotorn 3D. There basically is no ai, but the game doesn't pretend to have any. Its a good shooter, (2 weapons YEAHAH. this game you only get one). Good movement controls, fairly good rendering. I actually like the fact that the enemies are like squares. I like killing squares. Anyway. I know psmonkey is working hard, but his games are hetting pwned. (Also monkey64 is a sad sight when compared with daedalus). I will play Iris when it finally becomes multiplayer.

Ghoti
June 5th, 2006, 16:14
Really nice !

mr_nick666
June 5th, 2006, 16:34
Anyway. I know psmonkey is working hard, but his games are hetting pwned. (Also monkey64 is a sad sight when compared with daedalus). I will play Iris when it finally becomes multiplayer.

This really pisses me off :mad: I dont see PSP CODER under your name.. What exactly are you contributing aside from belittling a great coder? :(

Cooe14
June 5th, 2006, 19:12
I greatly prefer Robotorn 3D. There basically is no ai, but the game doesn't pretend to have any. Its a good shooter, (2 weapons YEAHAH. this game you only get one). Good movement controls, fairly good rendering. I actually like the fact that the enemies are like squares. I like killing squares. Anyway. I know psmonkey is working hard, but his games are hetting pwned. (Also monkey64 is a sad sight when compared with daedalus). I will play Iris when it finally becomes multiplayer.
Actually you are the one pwning yourself because of that stupid comment.

gsyph0
June 5th, 2006, 20:40
You play games you like, I'll play games I like. I just think some of appreciate good gameplay more than good grafics.

In the meantime I'll wait for the next version of Iris, and reserve judgement.

Cap'n 1time
June 6th, 2006, 02:46
You play games you like, I'll play games I like. I just think some of appreciate good gameplay more than good grafics.

In the meantime I'll wait for the next version of Iris, and reserve judgement.

Thats funny I could have sworn you were already passing judgment

Anyway. I know psmonkey is worki$ng hard, but his games are hetting pwned.

Dont try to play the "i know this is an alpha" crap either. you already made yourself look like a cock bite with this lame little statment

(Also monkey64 is a sad sight when compared with daedalus)

Not only did you go completely off topic but you managed to ruin what tiny bit of respect anyone has for someone that dosnt know exactly what is going on with the emulator. guess what, much like iris it is an alpha or a beta release.

hypocrisy i tell ye. you have offended the mod god. leave it for face my wrath.

Nasty Nate
June 6th, 2006, 02:52
gsypho, what's your problem, monkey's been working very hard releasing new iris, which is a very good game and making an N64 emu from scratch
give it a try then start making comments

Erban
June 7th, 2006, 03:08
Awsome work PSmonkey,maybe ,moving & shooting,or jumping ,moving and shooting.....just an idea,not trying to nag or make reqests,just some feed back.......anyway thanks for the latest psmonkey!

Searching4me123
June 7th, 2006, 03:43
yea i hope someone reads this but i have a prob when i try to load quake maps it doesnt load? what's up wit dat yo

Broadus
August 12th, 2006, 01:06
... Which kind of Quake?
I don't think Iris will let you easily put Quake maps into it without first making modifications to them... I wouldn't know. Never tried it.

This game doesn't support any sort of scoring system, multiple gametypes, or any of that usual stuff, yet, right? Because, y'know, I'll start up a game and it's a Free-For-All all of the time and the game never ends (and I can't figure out how to exit out of the game so I have to shut off the whole PSP).

It's an inappropriate time for an upcoming feature request like this, but will Iris ever allow for more than just four AI? Like fifteen or thirty-one, even?

S34MU5
September 3rd, 2006, 14:00
wat a beast.
but psmonkey as left. hu is takin over?

what_tha_deuce---
October 3rd, 2006, 00:49
hey how do i play .rar files on my psp

F9zDark
October 3rd, 2006, 00:54
Seriously, STOP making new posts about this. This the f*in 4th time someone has told you!!

EXTRACT THE RAR USING WINACE TO YOUR COMPUTER

COPY THE EXTRACTED FILES TO YOUR PSP

the_eternal_dark
October 3rd, 2006, 03:23
Seriously, STOP making new posts about this. This the f*in 4th time someone has told you!!

EXTRACT THE RAR USING WINACE TO YOUR COMPUTER

COPY THE EXTRACTED FILES TO YOUR PSP

Ouch! Thats too funny!

what_tha_deuce---
October 4th, 2006, 02:20
well thanks but you didnt have to be so rude i am a newbie after all

ashgov118
February 17th, 2007, 04:45
why can't u release a halo master chief model, and new wepons, and a health bar