PDA

View Full Version : PSPGo Battery is Replaceable - PSP Hackers To Strike Again ?

wraggster
October 5th, 2009, 02:49
http://i33.tinypic.com/24l3slh.jpg

News via gxmod (http://mobiles.gx-mod.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=8969)

There is still some time, Sony announced that future users of the PSP Go no longer have the option to remove the battery, all for a matter of hacking the machine, including the famous Pandora battery as assessed on the first generation PSP.

Yesterday a photo was published showing that the battery is not really united in the console, in fact the only thing "preventing" it to be removed is a sticker "Warranty void if removed" (Warranty void if removed) .

The Pandora is therefore perhaps not dead yet? Only the future will tell.

Are PSP Hackers to take on the PSPGo and destroy Sonys new vision of a digital only future?, they lost the battle with UMD PSPs now lets see if we can beat them on the digital front.

osgeld
October 5th, 2009, 03:47
yea, no duh, you uber hackers :rolleyes:

you could clearly see this in all the breakdown shots released *months* before the console, and its standard practice for consumer electronics

http://photos.macnn.com/news/0909/pspgo-teardownlg2.jpg

mike_jmg
October 5th, 2009, 06:20
the thing we really need is a way to hack the battery like on the first one

DPyro
October 5th, 2009, 06:42
Eh...who says Sony is using a jig kick through the battery?

symbal
October 5th, 2009, 15:55
It just looks like a normal lithium cell i doubt it has the circuitry for Pandora, if it could work you'd have to fit the circuitry between the battery and console, but if Sony were serious about hack proofing it they'd use the usb connection for unbricking like phones do.

PoorKingz
October 5th, 2009, 19:10
Atleast we know we can replace our batteries if we need.

osgeld
October 5th, 2009, 20:41
Atleast we know we can replace our batteries if we need.

not sure what the op or you expected... them to pour the electrolytic goop in the case and hurry up and screw it down before it leaks out?

yes you could replace the battery, if your willing to gut your console, but the term user replaceable means remove cheap plastic door and pop battery out

the majority of people in a year or so will probally be tossing their (250$) go's in the bin for a new one just cause the battery died

oh well, guess ill buy one in a year or 2, for 10 bucks on ebay

Shrygue
October 5th, 2009, 21:05
The PSP Go's battery looks like it has 3 wires on it. The standard red and lack one for polarity and a white one. If that is the case, I wonder what the latter is for?

Oh and also the battery pack itself looks quite similar to one inside a Dualshock 3 controller. However, why 930mah? I'm sure it could probably boast a bit more like 1100-1200mah but oh well.

symbal
October 5th, 2009, 22:38
I think the 3rd wire's part of the overcharge circuitry and lets the phone know what capacity's left, Pandora's batteries work the same just send more info.

osgeld
October 5th, 2009, 23:37
yea all lithium based batteries have 3 wires, for current control

without that hooked up they fail to be batteries and become bombs