PDA

View Full Version : GameShark/ActionReplay CDX Code Database

bucanero
May 20th, 2006, 16:27
So... yesterday I was messing around with some files I had with tons of GameShark codes, and I decided to build an online Dreamcast cheat code database using PHP+MySQL. :cool:

Right now there's 3500+ GameShark/ActionReplay CDX cheat codes for 254 dreamcast games, but I'll keep adding more games and codes I've around. I also have a couple of related projects in mind that will help Dreamcast's gamers to handle cheat codes. :D

Visit the Cheat Code Database here:

http://www.bucanero.com.ar/dreamcast/codes/

I hope this page is useful for the Dreamcast community! :)

Darksaviour69
May 20th, 2006, 16:46
nice one bucanero

Cid Highwind
May 20th, 2006, 17:30

One question though: Do PAL and NTSC share the same codes?

ron
May 20th, 2006, 17:36
Excellent.

Muchas Gracias BUCANERO.
Thx very much for the news

bucanero
May 20th, 2006, 23:38

One question though: Do PAL and NTSC share the same codes?

No, they donīt. :(
USA, JAP & PAL games can't share cheat codes, you'll need codes for the correct version of your game.

You might ask "why?"... well, these cheat devices use a simple concept: patch precise memory addresses where the game store variables like "lives", "energy", "ammo", etc...
Each game version store those values in different memory regions, so if you for ex. use a PAL code in a JAP game, the cheats won't work.

I'll soon add more codes and post the game region for each code.

Cid Highwind
May 21st, 2006, 10:32
Alright, thanks for clearing that up, it was what I expected. It would really help if you'd put up the region of which the codes belong to. I assume most are NTSC?

bucanero
May 22nd, 2006, 00:34
Alright, thanks for clearing that up, it was what I expected. It would really help if you'd put up the region of which the codes belong to. I assume most are NTSC?

As requested, now when you click on a game you'll get the codes and the region of the game. (It can be USA, JAP or PAL) :cool:

btw, right now most of the codes are USA and there are some JAP codes, but donīt worry I'll keep adding more games & regions. :D

bucanero
May 22nd, 2006, 22:32
As promised, I've added about 120 PAL games with a nice bunch of cheat codes. ;)

Now you'll find 5000 cheat codes for 374 games :D

_lo_
May 23rd, 2006, 06:30
wow, great :)

thx

Cid Highwind
May 23rd, 2006, 20:46
You are brilliant, thanks a lot :D

I know a couple of DC fans who will be happy with this.

ShoShoKid
June 6th, 2006, 04:46
Nice, thanks, previously before finding your site I was making use of Captain code.

mrgameandwatch09
December 26th, 2012, 23:39
Where is q*bert???