PDA

View Full Version : Metal Slug Returns on PSP

Shrygue
October 6th, 2009, 19:53
via IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/103/1031936p1.html)

SNK Playmore is bringing Metal Slug back in a big way on the PSP. The publisher announced Metal Slug XX (Double X) today in Japan. This new entry in the classic side scrolling arcade action shooter series is set for Japanese release on December 23.

Series fans can look forward to more of the Metal Slug we all know and love. While SNK Playmore promises high quality sprite visuals that make the most of the PSP hardware, we're certain you'll recognize the game as Metal Slug when looking at the first screenshots we've posted.

On the content side of things, SNK Playmore is promising seven stages, some with branching paths. Two players can team up for the stages thanks to the included ad-hoc co-op mode (both players will need their own copy of the game, though). The Combat School mode from the original Metal Slug X is in here as well, featuring over 70 missions.

There's no word yet on a US release, but a new Metal Slug sounds like a perfect addition to the PSP library anywhere in the world! We'll let you know if we hear anything.

ojdon
October 6th, 2009, 21:01
Ah that's great news, I'm not much of a Metal Slug fan myself but I have played it a few times before and would be a great game to play on my PSP, just hoping it's got a UMD release too. :)

symbal
October 6th, 2009, 22:15
Love these games.. this is the kind of game handhelds were made for, plus Shmups but there's almost none of those either, i still think Metal Slug 2's the best yet so hope this can better it.

osgeld
October 6th, 2009, 22:36
Metal slug rocks!

On a side topic, i have the playstation 1 version of MS-X on my psp, and its kinda interesting to see how a machine with more power and more storage ended up getting a ever so slightly gimped version when sitting next to NeoGeo

Paris/Tokyo
October 6th, 2009, 23:35
Metal slug rocks!

On a side topic, i have the playstation 1 version of MS-X on my psp, and its kinda interesting to see how a machine with more power and more storage ended up getting a ever so slightly gimped version when sitting next to NeoGeo
Long story short-- PS1 was capable of things NeoGeo couldn't do at all, but was weaker at what NeoGeo was able to do.

symbal
October 7th, 2009, 00:36
Yeah the Neogeo's 8,16,24,32 bit whatever it is processor was just so much better at handling 2d than the Playstation.

acn010
October 7th, 2009, 01:54
FREE UNDERWEAR!!!!!!!!!!! LMAo!:
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/msxx/product/index.html

B2K24
October 7th, 2009, 04:36
Yet another reason to thank God for NJ's MVSPSP
I run his emulators at least once a day :)