PDA

View Full Version : Random Maps

Zeemon
May 21st, 2006, 19:18
Here's a simple map I did a while back... I forgot to release it though. It's pretty choppy in places...but it's not a big deal. It uses textures that are included with Iris. I've got one comming in the next few days that should be alot better, I just have to fix a major texture issue(Produkt, FYI, that means I need your help!)...

Have fun.

Produkt
May 21st, 2006, 22:58
yea yea sure sure...

Zeemon
May 23rd, 2006, 01:48
Okay-- I got it figured out, so here it is, my second release. 'Snow_fort' is large, so expect it to be jumpy..
I've got yet another one in the works that should be awesome, and very large.

Tell me what you think. Have fun.

PS. Yeah-- that's me in a high window...lets see who can get there first(without using the debug mode.).

PSmonkey
May 23rd, 2006, 06:33
becareful on large maps. You're gonna be forcing the engine to render alot. As well there are distance limits (if its too large you will see the psp clipping planes cutting your maps too soon).

I'll see about allowing fog in future builds if someone wants to add to a map or allow for larger maps.

BrooksyX
May 23rd, 2006, 06:50
fog would be nice. =)

Zeemon
May 23rd, 2006, 14:25
becareful on large maps. You're gonna be forcing the engine to render alot. As well there are distance limits (if its too large you will see the psp clipping planes cutting your maps too soon).

I'll see about allowing fog in future builds if someone wants to add to a map or allow for larger maps.
Fog would be awesome!

Yeah-- I know... my next map is probably going to be too big(I've half way done though...). Maybe after that I'll have the sense to make them smaller....But I just love big open maps!

coo
May 23rd, 2006, 17:07
oh yeah! i did it!!!!

sorry for the blurry image, my camera sux

coo
May 23rd, 2006, 17:15
here i am on top of the wall (used debug mode)

PSmonkey
May 23rd, 2006, 17:43
Point of intress. Make a folder called "screenshots" in your Iris folder.
Then in game press Left Trigger & Select. It will take a screenshot of vram.

Gray Fox
May 23rd, 2006, 18:34
Looks cool

V3N0M
May 23rd, 2006, 21:41
oh yeah! i did it!!!!

sorry for the blurry image, my camera sux

Heh can you email me the player your using in that picture? I'm not going to say the name but please email me that would be great. BTW my email is at the bottom.

Zeemon
May 23rd, 2006, 23:26
Just go the the second post down....http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=50587&page=13&pp=10

Nice work... First one to get up there. How did you like the maps?

coo
May 24th, 2006, 02:09
i liked them, i can't code so they are better than anything that i could do!

anyway, i look foward to new upcoming maps

keep up the good work!!!

Zeemon
May 24th, 2006, 03:21
Thanks. But no coding is required. It's all done by a program. I've got two maps currently in progress, hopefully they will, 'knock your socks off' when they're done.

V3N0M
May 24th, 2006, 04:46
Great, can you give me the program to create maps for iris?

mastersho
May 24th, 2006, 05:17
Nice maps . I seen to newest iris release nd iris is awesome! can't wait for the net one!!!(hopefully)

coo
May 24th, 2006, 20:37
Thanks. But no coding is required. It's all done by a program. I've got two maps currently in progress, hopefully they will, 'knock your socks off' when they're done.

i would use Produkt's tutorial, but i just don't have enough time on my hands

i am a student, and have schoolwork, so maby i will try to make a map as a weekend project

coo
May 24th, 2006, 20:38
Great, can you give me the program to create maps for iris?

it's all in Produkt's tutorial here: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22158

Zeemon
May 24th, 2006, 23:19
i would use Produkt's tutorial, but i just don't have enough time on my hands

i am a student, and have schoolwork, so maby i will try to make a map as a weekend project
So am I..:p And tomarrow is my last day....So I should have lots more time on my hands!

coo
May 24th, 2006, 23:29
cool!!!

Buddy4point0
June 16th, 2006, 14:48
are there going to be anymore "random maps" cause this posst hasent been updated in a while