PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo sells 2.2 million DSis, says Walmart is biggest customer

wraggster
October 7th, 2009, 06:08
During a recent interview with CNBC, Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime addressed the Wii's recent price drop (surprise: it's seen positive results) and the company's strategy for the upcoming holiday season. The manufacturer is counting on a strong showing for its DSi handheld, with Reggie revealing that 2.2 million units have now been sold, presumably in North America alone.

Of course, Nintendo couldn't have possibly sold that many handhelds without the help of retailers and according to Reggie, Walmart has been the biggest customer. We're not surprised -- Walmart is supernatural, after all.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/06/nintendo-sells-2-2-million-dsis-says-walmart-is-biggest-custome/

JDvorak
October 7th, 2009, 06:45
Well DUH!!! Everyone in America shops at Walmart so buying your DSi there is a no brainer as it is the same price in every store unless you buy it used at Gamestop or elsewhere. You don't see all that many people shopping at other stores such at Shopko, or K-Mart. Target does fine in the States but it is Walmart hands down that people shop at on a weekly if not daily basis!! Surprises me they are not sold out of the DSi more ofter at Walmart although they have thousands and thousands of trucks delivering all across the country daily from Arkansas.

crookedmouth
October 8th, 2009, 08:42
I hate Wal_Mart. The stores are like huge cancerous tumors that suck the life out of a region they occupy. We'll see how much "rolling back" they do once they monopolize the market.

JDvorak
October 8th, 2009, 20:29
I hate Wal_Mart. The stores are like huge cancerous tumors that suck the life out of a region they occupy. We'll see how much "rolling back" they do once they monopolize the market.

So you think they aren't already a monopoly? They are and getting bigger all the time!

crookedmouth
October 9th, 2009, 02:08
Not where I am they aren't but I'm sure it is only a matter of time.

dsiplayer
October 9th, 2009, 02:39
really amazing news,more and more people select Nintendo :D

tehe tummy tums
October 11th, 2009, 00:24
good news good news