PDA

View Full Version : Jackass: The Game Coming to PSP

wraggster
May 21st, 2006, 20:42
Via Stuff (http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3674749a28,00.html)

Jackass: The Game, previewed at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles earlier this month, lets players perform stunts similar to those in the TV series, which have involved riding in shopping trolleys and the "Human Wrecking Ball".

The game is due out in November for a handheld and a home console – possibly the PlayStation and the PlayStation Portable, though Sidhe will not confirm this.

Mr Wynands expects to do even better with Jackass, a TV series that's almost a cultural phenomenon with young males in North America, where it still pulls in viewers four years after the last series was filmed.

Jackass was a magnet for both viewers and controversy during its three-year run on US-cable network MTV. Though it wrapped up in 2002 it has been kept alive in reruns, including on New Zealand's C4 music station.

AdvertisementAdvertisementCritics blamed the show for encouraging young people to participate in dangerous stunts, especially as it grew in popularity.

A Jackass movie was released in 2002 containing stunts and uncensored clips that weren't allowed on TV. It cost $US5 million to make and earned more than $US60 million in North America alone.

"We're trying to create a game that's true to the licence," says Mr Wynands, who says he's a fan of the show's stunts. "They involve a certain amount of physical endangerment, but nobody's head is going to get blown off with a shotgun. Jackass isn't about that."

Jackass director Jeff Tremaine is helping to design the game. So far the game's virtual stunts include rolling down a hill in a garbage can trying to avoid traffic and driving bumper cars on top of a skyscraper. Others are titled Bus Surfing, Grenade Golf, and Extreme Unicycling.

There'll also be a "director mode", letting players save their stunts and replay them with several camera angles and trade them with friends.

shadowprophet
May 21st, 2006, 22:13
o.0

I cant think of anything else to say just
o.0

Davidov
May 21st, 2006, 22:58
Yikes! I dont think I could stand anymore of Bam Mangera's and Jonny Knocksvile's scripted stunts. Its so fake all they do is stand about saying
"oh, what am I doing!"

stupid emos.

Bring me a game of the BBCs Newsnight with Jeremy Paxman that we can all enjoy.

Pelnied
May 21st, 2006, 23:02
what? they dont do that... they HURT themselves... THIS gamee is GONNA ROCK!!

PS: I have a 2.7 psp and a 1.50 psp (i got homebrew and games) so i cant wait because most of these psp games get too repetitive.. anybody know what i mean?

Voltron
May 21st, 2006, 23:37
uhhhhhh.............. why?

Pelnied
May 22nd, 2006, 00:11
why what? ill answer some questions

1. is it that they hurt themselves?
they dont really, the do stupid stuff but sometimes they crash or something

2. why do i have 2 psps?
i got 1 then i learned about the beauty of homebrew so i traded lots of games for another one

Video_freak
May 22nd, 2006, 05:17
i can't wait for this game. i love the TV show

BALL_SAC
May 22nd, 2006, 05:25
I wish jackass was still on mtv... all the reruns are getting old. But the video game gives me something to look up to!

Cap'n 1time
May 22nd, 2006, 08:26
i wish mtv would go to hell and die. sorry kids. it isnt cool anymore. I also wish bam would loose his testicles in an accident so he would shut the hell up.

Davidov
May 22nd, 2006, 08:39
i wish mtv would go to hell and die. sorry kids. it isnt cool anymore. I also wish bam would loose his testicles in an accident so he would shut the hell up.

Agreed.
At first I thought the show was entertaining but its the actual "characters" and egos I hate.
And the repetivness And the whole "oh look how cool I am, I dont even have a job!".

mr_nick666
May 22nd, 2006, 12:32
All the same.. Theres something about a man having a hammer swung into his balls that youve just gotta find endearing... :eek: