PDA

View Full Version : AT3 Encoding Help

Garak
May 22nd, 2006, 15:48
Hello,

Is there anyone out there capable of taking a wav file and converting it to the AT3 audio format that can be included in a hombrew eboot? I have read the tutorial that explains how to use goldwave to acomplish this, but I do not want to buy a new copy of gold wave. I am using version 4.X and it does not give me the option of saving a wav file in the ATRAC3 format (even though I installed the AT3 Codec as specified in the tutorial). Thus, I think my problem is I need a newer (more expensive) version of the software.

So, long story short, if you have the tools needed to create an At3 file, then you probably know what i am talking about. If yes, please send me an email or an AIM and I will give you a copy of the short wave file I need converted. Thanks a million to the person who comes through for me!

Garak :cool:
AIM: Garak2000
Email: [email protected]

psiko_scweek
May 23rd, 2006, 13:49
Gimme a link to the tutorial and i can prolly help you out.

Garak
May 23rd, 2006, 21:39
Hi,

I found a link to a different AT3 Codec and installed it. The new codec (which actually seemed to be an older version of the AT3 codec) added the ability to encode wav files to the AT3 format.

As it turns out, I suspect the neewer version of the AT3 codec availabe as a free download only provides playback support, not encoding support. Anywhoo, I got the wav file encoded as needed and everything is "rocking & rolling" now.

Garak

psiko_scweek
May 25th, 2006, 03:31
cool! Glad everything worked out for you.