PDA

View Full Version : TheSmsCenter v1.0

wraggster
October 8th, 2009, 03:07
News via nintendomax (http://www.nintendomax.com/)

M! K, author of several applications for the DS, offers a first draft of "TheSmsCenter" which will allow you to send SMS (Short Message System) for free from your Nintendo DS. An inclusion in the service in question is required in advance to benefit only in France and Italy.

Quote:
In a preview .. big news and production / dev homebrew that term has arrive .. (more 10mois of dev though)

Purpose: Sending SMS from your DS / DS Lite / DSi ... not a fake but a reality thanks to Mik and homebrew called TheSMSCenter

homebrew will be release soon .. it will be downloadable for free .. it's going to need beta testers .. so go there happily and make up any bugs / problems to correct and improve service

The service will be available for sending SMS in France and Italy ... other "roads" will open (USA, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, etc ...) based on feedback from users and if support is obtained .. (is not won, or the time I submitted this project to the engineer in orange .. I was kindly sent to competitors .. history kicked into touch ... ImagePost sankyou Orange France)

short despite having received no support ... the achievement of that homebrew was possible ... to send free SMS is possible here is the proof .. now the various lobby / operators may not wish to be that this is spread .. they still count you sell at high prices sms

To use the service must be registered, have a valid email address and mobile number as well (you can tell me that it's no good but then we have to do it otherwise there would be abuse and this allows identify the cases or those who would / could try to be malicious using this service)

The user may decide to send sms on mobile in France or Italy .. every 3 minutes .. yeah have to put "safety net" to prevent spammers .. useless to try to send sms a premium-rate numbers .. it will not work ImagePost

In short this homebrew is just a demonstration of the interaction between the mobile and handheld console Big N.. I will not dwell on the technical side .. ya just a little SMPP, GSM Modem, SMS Server Routing , Database SQL, etc ...

Operation:
DS / DS Fat / DSi ---- --- BASIC SQL Server Routing SMS
!----------- SMPP ----------------- Mobile Phone
!------ -------------- Modem GSM Mobile Phone

Wifi Connection between homebrew and SQL Base, SIM card and GSM modem (not legal) or SMPP Service (backup day or GSM service this project will be sadly cut by the mobile operator) for connections between server routing SMS and the mobile network

In short, a true gas plant ImagePost .. the big question will be tested to the load and ensure that we can maintain the free service .. so functional as it is an amateur project be indulgent.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments