PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Modchip Closer to Reality

wraggster
May 22nd, 2006, 16:39
Last week we mentioned that the firmware of the Samsung disc drive in the Xbox 360 was hacked&mdashallowing you to play 1:1 backups of games but not run unauthorized code&mdash but that it required not only a degree from MIT to get it working, but also resources that only a mad scientist would have access to. A group by the name of Team Xecuter is getting fantastically close to making a modchip of the plug-n-play variety that would permit the drive to use both the hacked and normal firmware. There’s still some bugs to work out, namely that the firmware chip is connected to the Xbox 360 with nigh impossible to remove epoxy, thereby hindering the plug-n-play model, but this is certainly a promising development for all of you who need to backup your games because your kids throw the originals around like frisbees.

VIA Gizmodo (http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/xbox-360-modchip-closer-to-reality-175392.php)

xXSujoXx
May 22nd, 2006, 19:41

Cooe14
May 23rd, 2006, 19:57
Wragg I thought DCemu was against ISO's yet here you are talking about a piece of hardware of which that is it's only purpose. Did I miss something?

Hawq
May 24th, 2006, 19:09
Its also a piece of hardware that could lead to emulation fun as the old Xbox mods did.

SmashinGit
May 24th, 2006, 21:52
Also its very news worthy.

slayer2psp
May 30th, 2006, 15:31
it must not be that hard to do my friend has done over 20 360s already no problem all play perfect. and a mod chip is already done 30 wire install though