PDA

View Full Version : Field Commander

wraggster
May 22nd, 2006, 18:16
New Commercial Release posted at Play Asia (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-b9-49-en-84-j-70-1agb.html)

Field Commander™ is the first military turn-based strategy game for PSP and the only title that offers engaging, challenging skill based warfare in a realistic military setting. You play as a Field Commander working for an independent organization established by the Allied Nations to defend the world against an evil terrorist organization bent on inciting wars, illicit arms deals and global domination.

Command the land, skies and sea. Orchestrate an offensive attack through 30 unique missions, each one coming alive in beautiful 3D environments with highly-detailed terrain and dynamic visual effects. With an arsenal of 15 army divisions and 11 commanding officers to choose from, the power is yours to outwit the enemy at every turn.

http://image1.play-asia.com/350/PA.60203.006.jpg

More info at Play Asia (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-b9-49-en-84-j-70-1agb.html)

RedKing14CA
May 22nd, 2006, 18:34
Why the hell can't they just make the joystick the mouse, X the the left click and square the right click...

WTF!!!!

Jonesyxxiv
May 22nd, 2006, 19:07
Why the hell can't they just make the joystick the mouse, X the the left click and square the right click...

WTF!!!!

What?

Any way what is the exact release date for this game because im definatly going to get it. What Firmware does it require? Because if it is 2.7 i wont buy it.

RedKing14CA
May 22nd, 2006, 19:35
What?

Any way what is the exact release date for this game because im definatly going to get it. What Firmware does it require? Because if it is 2.7 i wont buy it.

I looked at it like "OMG!!! FINALLY A GOOD RTS ON PSP!!!!"

Then i watched a gameplay video...

Moral of the story: dont judge a game by its screenshots

10shu
May 22nd, 2006, 21:01
anybody know if this is turn base like advance war? or play in realtime like warcraft?

Voltron
May 22nd, 2006, 23:51
Moral of the story: dont judge a game by its screenshots

No, but you can judge by the many stellar reviews this game has received. OPM gave it a perfect 5/5 review score. This game will surely be great. Dare I say even better than Advance Wars.

anybody know if this is turn base like advance war? or play in realtime like warcraft?

This is a turn-based RTS game like Advance Wars, Military Madness, & Generation of Chaos.

NeoXCS
May 23rd, 2006, 02:47
Originally Posted by Voltron
This is a turn-based RTS game like Advance Wars, Military Madness, & Generation of Chaos.

There is no such thing as a turn-based RTS ("Real Time" Stratagy). I'm not being mean lol, but yes its a turn-based stratagy game as it says in the news post. =P

infernomax
May 23rd, 2006, 03:37
Ahh darn i wanted something like command and conquer not advance wars :( thats what we have our GBA emu for

Voltron
May 23rd, 2006, 04:58
oh yeah, sorry. turn-based strategy - not rts

Voltron
May 24th, 2006, 02:31
YES! This game can be loaded and played on 1.50 PSP's. No upgrading to 2.60 for me....

1.50 Forever!