PDA

View Full Version : GameDecrypter v4 released!

wraggster
October 8th, 2009, 14:28
news via pspita (http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=32083&view_reply=1)

Yoshihiro has just released a new version of Game Decypter, the now famous program that allows you to patch the file EBOOT.bin game that, for proper operation, requiring only the firwmare 5.55. In this new release, v4.0, the coder has introduced compatibility with the 5.00M33 Custom Firmware 5.03GEN and without having to use PC programs such as the Eboot Patcher released yesterday by the coder mc707.
More to follow.

Procedure:

Quote:

- Button : Allows you to patch the games to make them compatible with CF 5.50GEN
- Button : Allows you to patch the games to make them compatible with CF 5.00M33 and 5.03GEN
UPDATE v4:
- Fixed some compatibility issues with the CF-A and 5.03GEN

download via comments

Ryupowerup
October 8th, 2009, 16:38
v4 is now out

Veskgar
October 8th, 2009, 16:56
Awesome! I finally had some time to play around with some of this stuff yesterday and was able to get my copy of Disgaea 2 working on my 5.00 M33-6 Slim. I still haven't been able to get my USA version of Soul Calibur working though. Maybe the latest release of this program will allow for it to run finally.

It sucks that it has come to this again, reminds me of the early days of swapping .prx files from other games to get newer games to run. But hey, I'm not complaining and very much appreciate the efforts put into making new games work.

Thanks Yoshihiro!!!

Ryupowerup
October 8th, 2009, 17:43
remember, Soul Calibur has COPY protection
just like the EU version had

caffeinekid
October 8th, 2009, 17:44
Damnit! I didn't have to update to Gen 5.50 after all! Never mind. :D

webmunky
October 8th, 2009, 18:33
Awesome! I finally had some time to play around with some of this stuff yesterday and was able to get my copy of Disgaea 2 working on my 5.00 M33-6 Slim. I still haven't been able to get my USA version of Soul Calibur working though. Maybe the latest release of this program will allow for it to run finally.

It sucks that it has come to this again, reminds me of the early days of swapping .prx files from other games to get newer games to run. But hey, I'm not complaining and very much appreciate the efforts put into making new games work.

Thanks Yoshihiro!!!

Veskgar, Have you tried the ripfix program for soul calibur? I was still running 5.00M33-6 when I first bought my soulcalibur and the ripkit fixed my backup so I could run it. I bought the EU version though and that was what the ripkit was for. Just a thought. If you're interested, let me know.

webmunky
October 8th, 2009, 18:37
Nevermind, Im and idiot. I just realized that you said you had the US version of Soul Calibur. DUH! Sry bout that.

bdonk
October 8th, 2009, 20:08
Has anybody got this to work with any of the Mini titles yet?

darthhaze420
October 8th, 2009, 20:10
has anybody had a prob patching undead knight i patched it but it hangs and fezzes on me midway though the 1st chapter it is sad cause it is a good game and i dont want to play musical firmware to play it i:e bouncing back and forward from 6.0 to 5.50gen-b

("Has anybody got this to work with any of the Mini titles yet?")

yes it works on the minis even though i have no idea why you would want to play them let alone pay for them lol

Zin0099
October 8th, 2009, 21:55
are we patching psn games? cuss i never heard of this yet but very cool if so

mike_jmg
October 8th, 2009, 23:52
has anybody had a prob patching undead knight i patched it but it hangs and fezzes on me midway though the 1st chapter it is sad cause it is a good game and i dont want to play musical firmware to play it i:e bouncing back and forward from 6.0 to 5.50gen-b

("Has anybody got this to work with any of the Mini titles yet?")

yes it works on the minis even though i have no idea why you would want to play them let alone pay for them lol

I found the Undead Knights "demo" on certain website and I've been playing it without any trouble:thumbup:, I'm on 5.50 GEN B though, the game is awesome BTW (sorry TECMO)

Switching to this firmware wasn't so bad once I got my favorite custom theme working on flash0

CrashmanX
October 9th, 2009, 01:31
Lol, I wish I heard about this yesterday, I just switched from 5.00 M33-6 to 5.50 GEN B2, ah well nothing wrong with it so far.

Mauragon
October 9th, 2009, 06:14
I was able to play soul calibur on 5.00 M33-6. Must have been a patched copy already. i dunno.