PDA

View Full Version : Way Of Mapping?

PSPtwister
May 23rd, 2006, 02:12
well,i have 3ds max7 and i use it to make halo maps....(well,i tried) and its just real easy to make buildings and stuff,is it possible,umm produkt u'd probly know this,but is it possible to make maps with 3dsmax7?? if you dont know anything about it 3dsmax then just go here http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=5659302&siteID=123112

Produkt
May 23rd, 2006, 02:17
I know max... I know it well... I am forced to use it for work... and deffinitely in my new job which I'm applying for...

the thing is... there is only one way that I know of that this is possible... and its difficult and it costs money.

Its called AC3D its a 3d modeling program that has abuilt in .map exporter. it works great, infact its downright amazing. but! you have to pay for it... the trial lets you export a file ONCE... from there you have to buy it...

PSPtwister
May 23rd, 2006, 02:19
Oh....well thanks anyways and for replying so quickly,im very grateful. EDIT:Oh,i think i read somewhere you were sending map tutorials for the newest iris,if thats so,then plz send me one.

infernomax
May 23rd, 2006, 03:01
Heya ive got AC3D, by any chance will you be writing up a guide for iris 0.2 maps in the forums?

PSPtwister
May 23rd, 2006, 03:01
I think he's just telling people through pms but is gonna make one soon.

infernomax
May 23rd, 2006, 03:03
I think he's just telling people through pms but is gonna make one soon.

Ahh K sweet... cant wait

PSPtwister
May 23rd, 2006, 03:10
Ya,me too,I haven't created any iris maps,but I really want to.

Shilo
May 23rd, 2006, 03:16
So do I :D

PSPtwister
May 23rd, 2006, 13:07
Hey,Produkt,does 3dsmax export in .bsp? I haven't exported a lot,so I dont know.
EDIT:Nope,It doesn't,but is there a .bsp exporter for 3ds max and would that work then?

amadeus
May 23rd, 2006, 13:50
Sorry if this sounds stupid....

I use Cinema 4D, any good?

I fancy creating some levels myself.
First idea is to make a game based on the 2000ad "block wars" stories.

Is there are way to do cel shading in the latest Iris?

Going to start reading up on the tutorials for the old version of Iris or are they redundant now?

Produkt
May 23rd, 2006, 23:11
I sugest you read up on Quake 3 mapping tutorials

its much better learning material. from there just come talk to me and I'll help you along with making your maps Iris compatable.

PSPtwister
May 23rd, 2006, 23:52
um produkt,what happened to your iris tutorial,i was just gonna use it now but its gone,are you almost done making one or have you even started? i just really wanna start making maps,halo maps actually,maybe a rough hang em high,idk but right now i just wanna know about the tuts.

Produkt
May 24th, 2006, 02:00
I have started, but its rather hard. its not as simple as the last time so Its more or less just a little mix of how some of the Radiant functions work and tips on how to make your maps.

my important focus right now is getting some small maps finished to be samples for everyone to look at.

more of a hands on of how things work out.

PSPtwister
May 24th, 2006, 02:12
Thanks a bunch produkt.

PSPtwister
May 25th, 2006, 16:45
so produkt,how's that tut going along? and will we be needing quake 3 for this one?

Produkt
May 25th, 2006, 20:47
nope I'm getting a custom package for download WITH the other tools

PSPtwister
May 25th, 2006, 20:47
good,thats awesome

Buddy4point0
June 19th, 2006, 22:50
if its so hard to make a tutorial how bout you just take a video of you makeing a map and think outloud