PDA

View Full Version : Trade-in values for Xbox 360 and PSP are the same... in Japan

wraggster
May 23rd, 2006, 22:37
Article from PSPFanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/05/23/trade-in-values-for-xbox-360-and-psp-are-the-same-in-japan/)

Oh, Steve, no matter how angry and sweaty you get, Japan still hates the Xbox 360. To rub salt in you're wounds, the trade in value for the 360 against the much less expensive, but much more mature PSP is now exactly the same.

In an article over at Xbox Circle, some super-shoppers have uncovered DS pricing craziness and more. "Even more interesting is that an Xbox 360 console trade-in will only fetch 15,000¥ ($128), which matches the trade-in worth of a PSP Value Pack and a slim-line Silver PS2."

But does that mean the Xbox 360 is quickly dying, or does it mean that the PSP is doing stellar? In reality, it probably means a bit of both. The Xbox 360 is not doing well (we'll call it a slow death) and the PSP is holding its own admirably. The DS, to be fair, is on a roll, dominating all competitors (for now).

SSaxdude
May 23rd, 2006, 23:46
Japan might not like the 360, but we in America generally do.

Xiro
May 24th, 2006, 01:31
Japan might not like the 360, but we in America generally do.

its true... M$ is american based and the japs wont even give it a shot for that reason alone.

whatever f*** japan

zackforbing
May 24th, 2006, 06:40
yes, f**k japan, they've only been making video games for the past 30 years or so. I'd MUCH rather buy from the AMERICAN company who's only been in it for a fraction of that 30 year timeframe, and who wouldn't be in it at all if it weren't a lucrative business.
:rolleyes:

r2works
May 24th, 2006, 06:42
i love the japanese!

Paiku
May 24th, 2006, 12:16
i love the japanese!

+1

Ichijoe
May 24th, 2006, 12:56
+1

+2 :)

stormuk
May 24th, 2006, 23:52
Sounds more to me like in Japan they have less titles than the west thus its not doing aswell

Just the same as we get short changed the other way around, as Im starting to feel with the psp which if it wasnt for homebrew would be on ebay!

V3N0M
May 24th, 2006, 23:56
Odd most people in america or the UK like asian consoles but they hate all the American ones (Xbox)

Zion
May 25th, 2006, 00:08
is the xbox 360 even better graphics wise than the ps2 anyway? I heard they were more or less the same which i was dissapointed with.

I was going to buy one but, until someone here tells me otherwise, im going to keep my money in my pocket.

smith1
May 25th, 2006, 01:17
is the xbox 360 even better graphics wise than the ps2 anyway? I heard they were more or less the same which i was dissapointed with.

I was going to buy one but, until someone here tells me otherwise, im going to keep my money in my pocket.It's capable of a lot more than the PS2. Whether or not the developers decide to step up to that is another story.

Shilo
May 25th, 2006, 01:32

I was going to buy one but, until someone here tells me otherwise, im going to keep my money in my pocket.

Three words Elder Scrolls IV :D And don't forget about Halo 3! If it wasn't for those 2 games, I might not get a 360. BTW does the Xbox 360 sell for less in Japan too?

stotheamuel
May 25th, 2006, 06:00
elder scrolls!... just was playing it and its gotta be 2 or 3 times larger than san andreas.... and 8 times as detailed... though it does LAG arrgh i hate to run through woods and every 2 minutes... loads for a few seconds...

but yeah.. 360 is much better then ps2