PDA

View Full Version : FW1.00 DIE HARD TRILOGY v1.00 (FW1.00 Backup & Restore Tools)

wraggster
May 23rd, 2006, 22:55
PSP v1.0 users can now back up their own firmware and then upgrade to v1.50 and then restore their v1.00 firmware with this new release from 0okm (http://0okm.blogspot.com/2006/05/fw100-die-hard-trilogy-v100-fw100.html)

Heres the info from the site

How-To :
 Restore Your FW1.00 to "Default Setting"
 Use FW1.00B(FW1.00 Backup Tools) to Backup Your FW1.00
 Update Your PSP to FW1.50
 Use FW1.00R(FW1.00 Restore Tools) to Restore Your PSP to FW1.00

FAQ :
 Q : Why the Tools say "Fatal error: Power NOT Online or Battery NOT Exist or BatteryLife < 50%" ?
 A : When you Restore Your PSP FW, you need to Connect the AC adaptor & with BatteryLife > 50%,
   Otherwise the Tools will Terminate.

Q : Why the Tools say "Fatal error: BadBlock find, Terminate" ?
 A : Because this Tools NOW not support NAND Flash had BadBlock, so the Tools will Terminate.

Q : Why the Tools say "Fatal error: FW Data NOT Matched" ?
 A : Because this Tools just for Backup & Restore your own PSP with FW1.00,
   so you can't use other PSP's DATA.

Q : why won't it allow _anyone_ with a 1.50 to downgrade ?
 A : Because Make a Downgrader with Unofficial NAND Flash Write is Very Very Dangerous !!

Q : why in Backup file have most "can't read Page from sceNand" ?
 A : Because if the Nand Page has not used, it will "can't read Page from sceNand"

Extract Password is : I agree use this program at My own RISK!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Moning2
May 23rd, 2006, 22:58
that dude has some serious spelling problems :p

wraggster
May 23rd, 2006, 23:00
Hes japanese most likely ;)

Ellio
May 23rd, 2006, 23:10
... couldn't you technically use this to downgrade a 1.50 to a 1.00 if you had the files?

pakkman781
May 23rd, 2006, 23:40
... couldn't you technically use this to downgrade a 1.50 to a 1.00 if you had the files?

I ask the same question. And theoretcally, I'd say the answer is probably yes, if you could get someone to give you their 1.00 firmware dump.

Cooe14
May 24th, 2006, 00:09
He says it only works if the 1.0 dump is from your psp not someone elses?

not here anymore
May 24th, 2006, 00:35
Absolutely, the nand dump you get with his "Backup" tool can ONLY BE FLASHED BACK ON THE PSP IT WAS DUMPED FROM using his "Restore" tool. Therefore a 1.00 Nand dump won't do a 1.50 owner any good since the flash WILL DESTROY HIS PSP. Got it?
Later,

TSR

CoderX
May 24th, 2006, 02:25
It all depends on how the flash is dumped.

a 1.0 downgrade may be possable if you use part of your 1.5 flash and alow it to restore it

pkmaximum
May 24th, 2006, 02:54
Man I always wanted to step back and take my PSP to its roots and go to the JAP PSP's. It is truely a dream of mine. Even if apparently not all homebrew any more works as good as 1.5 firmware. But I don't care 1.0 firmware is the way to go!

shiftybill
May 24th, 2006, 05:19
so a person with a 1.0 can back it up upgrade to 2.0 then downgrade to 1.5 then go back to 1.0?

shadowprophet
May 24th, 2006, 06:55
Now please note that ive never been firmware version 1.0 so this is a fair question and im not trying to be an asshole.
But why in the hell would anyone want to upgrade from firmware 1.0 to 1.50 for any reason ? :confused:

V3N0M
May 24th, 2006, 07:17
Exactly lol now if it could upgrade to 2.7 and then back to 1.0 that would be better.

.:PSP1.0:.
May 24th, 2006, 09:05
Hmmm.. Sounds interesting but i might just use my v1.5 instead of making my v1.0 into a v1.5 then back to a 1.0 wanna keep it original v1.0 ;) Cool idea tho might eventually lead to a v1.5 to v1.0 downgrade :rolleyes:

yakumo
May 24th, 2006, 09:42
Now please note that ive never been firmware version 1.0 so this is a fair question and im not trying to be an asshole.
But why in the hell would anyone want to upgrade from firmware 1.0 to 1.50 for any reason ? :confused:

Well, as far as I know I don't know any UML Loader that works on 1.0 Firmware. I have my original UNTOLD LEGENDS in its box and can't play cause it requires to upgrade to 1.5.

No firmware loaders works for 1.0 and I wan to play many published and upcomming games like Metal Gear Acid 2, Gradius Portable and the new Ghouls and Ghosts.

I don't want to upgrade my 1.0 PSP, but want to play ORIGINAL games. It's sad...

V3N0M
May 24th, 2006, 10:10
Well at least its doing someone some good that means it was worth it.

mog
May 24th, 2006, 14:51
Hes japanese most likely ;)0okm is chinese :)

This is the most interesting thing i've seen for the psp since 0okm's successful multi-firmware hardware hack!
http://0okm.blogspot.com ;)

I hope someone is brave enough to try this.
I've been looking around several forums where this has been posted to but noone seems to have done it yet other than 0okm himself.

Can't wait to be able to play 2.0+ games on 1.5 and then get back to 1.0 again. :p

not here anymore
May 24th, 2006, 16:28
same here, i've backed up the 1.00 fw alright but am too scarred to proceed (flash to 1.50) from there..

shadowprophet
May 24th, 2006, 16:32
That even tho you guys know what your doing with upgradeing and then downgrading,
Id like to point out that ive heard that upgrading and then downgrading to many times can brick a psp:confused:

Just getting it out there on the table.

Joe88
May 25th, 2006, 00:25
That even tho you guys know what your doing with upgradeing and then downgrading,
Id like to point out that ive heard that upgrading and then downgrading to many times can brick a psp:confused:

Just getting it out there on the table.
that is correct.
eventually the flash memory on the PSP will were out
mainly from beng flashed over and over again from upgrading and downgrading

V3N0M
May 25th, 2006, 00:29
Wow but thats only if you do it alot because with all the updates sony has made I'm surpurised that people haven't had their psp bricked yet.

Zion
May 25th, 2006, 00:36
yep. sony are slowly killing the psp with all those updates. just think how knackered the flash is gonna be bu the time we get to v4.0!!!!

V3N0M
May 25th, 2006, 00:38
I think that as long as it is not repedily updated it will be fine. As long as the flash can catch a breather.

not here anymore
May 25th, 2006, 00:59
you guys are dreaming the nand can be written to like 500'000 times or something before it wEARs out.

V3N0M
May 25th, 2006, 01:40
Ya thats what i thought.

StealthCP
May 25th, 2006, 10:18
Ok, I think the therory of updating to 2.0 --> 1.5 --> 1.0 is quite solid. The firmware is specifically designed for that PSP so should work fine. However if there was a way of modifying the firmware dump you may be able to put it on any PSP.

Although 1.5 can support more homebrew, the 1.0 firmware can be customised beyond belief. I think, but do not know, that you can customise modules of your 1.0 firmware, such as have the media support of 2.6 modules but keep the ability to open unsigned programs. 1.0 could be better, but it has lots of bugs, and therefore we would need to fix those - what I'm thinking is a 1.0 firmware with everything about 1.5 except program loading (unsigned means non-sony signed apps for your PSP if you don't know, e.g. UPDATES are signed, DGEN is unsigned) and the ability mabye to put in WPA WiFi encryption modules, etc, etc.

Also, does anyone know the safe figure for flashing to the memory on PSP? I got bored a night last year and upgraded and downgraded my PSP over 15 times, I hope to god it doesn't wear out soon :P

There is also the possibility these custom motherboards will be ready soon for the PSP, with two flash modules on your PSP, one for use and one for backup if bricked, or one for latest firmware, other for 1.50, details are still unknown. This is a very useful utility but what we need to aim for if we want a downgrade is a custom "update" eboot. As the update eboots install firmware they modify each file being transferred so it is registered to that PSP. That is why you can't use any 1.0 firmware dump to downgrade. More on this later.

mog
May 25th, 2006, 13:16
There is also the possibility these custom motherboards will be ready soon for the PSP, with two flash modules on your PSP, one for use and one for backup if bricked, or one for latest firmware, other for 1.50, details are still unknown.Where'd you hear about that?
It would be cool but I can't see something like that being released publicly or very soon.
I was trying to buy Samsung NAND flash chips but the one used in the psp seems very hard to obtain.
Usually you need to buy in bulk of like 1000 aswell, which would be pretty costly. :(
I don't know how 0okm got his flash chips... :confused:

V3N0M
May 25th, 2006, 20:04
Very intresting it would make it so if you wanted both firmwares you could have both and i'm guessing be able to switch between them. Not to mention you would not have to buy a new psp to play new games.

not here anymore
May 25th, 2006, 20:30
very old and absolutely impossible to do for 99.99999% of the peeps out there with a PSP.
Later,

TSR

V3N0M
May 25th, 2006, 21:31
Not if you know what your doing.