PDA

View Full Version : PSPGEN puts an end to the accusations. The exploit works.

wraggster
October 11th, 2009, 03:38
News via pspita (http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=32204&view_reply=1)

Exploit universal video or fake? After doubts, doubts, accusations, convincing answers by Freeplay, news bounced from one website to another, it's time to take stock of the situation. The movie released just over a week ago that showed the first Hello World for PSP Go has been around the world in a few days, clashing with different views of those who takes the part of the author and those who for one reason or another, they felt compelled to criticize his work. Today to put an end to this thing we thought MaGiXieN PSPGEN of that in a few minutes of video (strictly in French ...) shows us that everything is working perfectly on the new console and that, contrary to what the skeptics thought to exit the program just press once HOME button (the one with the PlayStation logo on the Go) without reconfirming the menu.
Once again then Freeplay proved sincere and available, but you what do you think you convinced?

http://www.youtube.com/v/-ai8PSIx4uo

Art
October 11th, 2009, 03:57
Freeplay is pretty well known, so I think it would only be noobs and foreigners that would think it was fake.

acn010
October 11th, 2009, 04:02
alot of people are in doubt.... especially in qj.net... those are the most famouse trolls i know :D

PoorKingz
October 11th, 2009, 06:05
It's real. Even if the video was fake there are known exploits (buffer overflows due to bad programming in games) that work on all PSPs. The PSPgo was hackable before it was released and those who understand assembly knew that.

dazman
October 11th, 2009, 09:04
Why don't sony just leave the psp's open to custom themes, plugins and homebrew then I don't think anyone would want to hack it.

I just love playing my retro games on mine as do many others.

ojdon
October 11th, 2009, 11:07
After all the proof Freeplay did, don't know how people can think it was still fake.

Qmark
October 11th, 2009, 12:26
Regardless, PSP Go! is not worth even close to $250.

mike_jmg
October 11th, 2009, 17:30
I just hope this leads to the PSP Go being hacked

symbal
October 11th, 2009, 18:24
Actually $250 seems a reasonable price to me.. Of course i live in the UK so including shipping i could get 1 for around £160 compared to £225 rrp or £200 for some stores, still i wouldn't touch the thing untill it's hacked and dropped to even lower cost.

Zack
October 11th, 2009, 19:25
I would say although it's unlikely.... If the PSPGo is hacked BUT only for homebrew, no iso support, Sony may just leave it. Unlikely but I am sure they could care less about us running homebrew on our consoles, it's the running illegal backups that they despise.

ICE
October 12th, 2009, 00:51
I would say although it's unlikely.... If the PSPGo is hacked BUT only for homebrew, no iso support, Sony may just leave it. Unlikely but I am sure they could care less about us running homebrew on our consoles, it's the running illegal backups that they despise.

You're not going to get one without the other for very long.

darkriku2000
October 12th, 2009, 01:14

They actually don't like homebrew because
homebrew = emulators, also they can't make money on homebrew

indrora
October 12th, 2009, 01:55
they dont entirely hate homebrew.

I explained it to an SCE marketing official recently at a PS3 event:

Homebrew means people buy a console. they get an app on their console. they play it. their friends see it. People think said app is cool, so they have a fairly (and much higher than before) chance of buying said console. See: the nintendo DS. First rev came along, and as soon as the R4 was perfected, sales went up a jobahagadgillion percent for the DS. Nintendo rolls in cash, doesnt have to sue the people that make the R4.

They said that they were apparently mistaken about the marketing potentials of homebrew.

pibs
October 12th, 2009, 04:17
they dont entirely hate homebrew.

I explained it to an SCE marketing official recently at a PS3 event:

Homebrew means people buy a console. they get an app on their console. they play it. their friends see it. People think said app is cool, so they have a fairly (and much higher than before) chance of buying said console. See: the nintendo DS. First rev came along, and as soon as the R4 was perfected, sales went up a jobahagadgillion percent for the DS. Nintendo rolls in cash, doesnt have to sue the people that make the R4.

They said that they were apparently mistaken about the marketing potentials of homebrew.
But Ninty is suing the people of R4:p
Not only that but banning the sale of such products.

And as for the PSP Go! why is this so hard to believe?:confused: people hack stuff all the time, its not like this is the PS3 or anything, its a PSP and they know these things and how they work like their back of their hands haha

Mista Grimm
October 12th, 2009, 04:36
well since the psp go is umd-less, the builtin sony iso drivers on the psp 1k and 2k that were required to run umd rips in the past are not in the pspgo now. so running isos would be impossible, no?

symbal
October 12th, 2009, 04:40
Homebrew on Psp go= less sales on Psn, Sony are mainly interested in just selling hardware and dealing with developers seems a bit of an after thought, i think part of the reason for Psp go's existence is just to keep developers happy with no used sales and material costs so Sony probably will try harder to block a hack.

chanaz
October 12th, 2009, 04:40
Im still not buying one until i can get one under $100. Not because i own any umds or anything (lol pirate), but because im a man who loves his homebrew.

well since the psp go is umd-less, the builtin sony iso drivers on the psp 1k and 2k that were required to run umd rips in the past are not in the pspgo now. so running isos would be impossible, no?

M33.

Art
October 12th, 2009, 23:49
I just hope this leads to the PSP Go being hacked
Being hacked would sorta lead to being hacked lol.