PDA

View Full Version : s9xTYLmecm 091011-3 - Snes Emulator for PSP - Updated at rev4

wraggster
October 11th, 2009, 14:58
A new Snes Emulator for PSP has been released, heres the details thanks to pspitalia: (http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=32235&view_reply=1)

More than a year since the last release back on tiptoe s9xTYLmecm SNES emulator with a new improved version. The changelog is pretty meager, for the moment were fixati some minor bugs and was only slightly increased the speed of emulation throughout the game, it was instead an excellent level of stability.
Follow the link to download.

091011-2 Changelog:

Quote:

- Bugfix
- Improved emulation speed

Updated to revision 4 now - download attached

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

Eviltaco64
October 11th, 2009, 15:21
Nice! I'll test this later. :)

EDIT: Kirby Super Star is still just as slow and laggy. :/

Still, it's nice to see that this project is being worked on again. ;)

Oops
October 11th, 2009, 18:14
Same here, thanks for the heads up Wraggster.

demonolith
October 11th, 2009, 18:43
Cool, thanks for the heads up guys. I think I'll pass on this one, if games such as KSS and Star Fox are still slow. I'm fine with the Test 5 version, and I'll probably only change once there are noticeable speed increases in the laggy games.

One quick question: Did they get the PAR cheat bug working? (PAR codes weren't stored right in the RAM, thus didn't work on the emulator)

I am very glad that this is being worked on. Kudos to those responsible

Zack
October 11th, 2009, 19:22
Nice! I'll test this later. :)

EDIT: Kirby Super Star is still just as slow and laggy. :/

Still, it's nice to see that this project is being worked on again. ;)

Damn, I'm eager to see that in action on the psp at proper speed.

Is the source to this emulator around anywhere? I want to take a look, maybe I can make some improvements to it. No guarantees but if someone links me to the source I will have a look at least.

demonolith
October 11th, 2009, 19:27
Damn, I'm eager to see that in action on the psp at proper speed.

Is the source to this emulator around anywhere? I want to take a look, maybe I can make some improvements to it. No guarantees but if someone links me to the source I will have a look at least.

Unfortunately all I see are the sources for previous versions.

Zack
October 11th, 2009, 20:15
Unfortunately all I see are the sources for previous versions.

The source for the version prior to this would do I guess.

demonolith
October 11th, 2009, 22:46
this is the latest I've found:

http://forums.qj.net/psp-homebrew-hacks-discussion/139728-rukas-snes9xtyl-me-build-32-source-code.html

dementedbrave
October 12th, 2009, 01:02
is this one better than YoyoFr's snespsp_tyl 0.4.2me?
That seemed like the best snes emulator but it was a shame it hasn't been updated in a long time.

Veskgar
October 12th, 2009, 02:16
The best version is (or was) the latest TEST release of the work that RUKA was doing with the emulator. At least that has been my understanding and experience. It's the version I have used for so very long now.

B2K24
October 12th, 2009, 07:30
Is it possible BSNES could be ported to psp?

israelg
October 12th, 2009, 08:25
What about Donkey Kong country ? is it faster in the first staeg ?

Jinx1337
October 12th, 2009, 11:12
I've been using TEST 5 release by Ruka and others for the whole year now.

I'll try this and report back on speed in various games I have on my MS.

Also, please use newest SNES_ADVANCE.DAT file with speedhacks. It was recently compiled by Mog123 and some kind people in snesadvance forums (and includes some of the PSP specific hacks).

(Put it in DATA folder).

Jinx1337
October 12th, 2009, 11:15
Whoops, forgot to attatch the file. Here it is.

Memfis
October 12th, 2009, 18:01
I want so say a very big thanks to the developer. I´m so happy, that someone is continuing the work on this great emulator. I hope he will continuing the work and will further improve the compatibility.

And now I will testing some games.

Memfis
October 12th, 2009, 19:17
I´ve tested some of my favorite games that are unplayable, only with restrictions or not perfect with Snes9xTYLsmcm Test 5 27/05/08 (http://dl.qj.net/Snes9xTYLsmcm-Test-5-27-05-08-PSP-Emulators/pg/12/fid/16943/catid/135)

I tested the PSP accel. + accur. soft. Engine and the PSP accel. + aprox. soft. Engine .

My PSP (3004) Firmware is 5.03 GEN-A (Full) over ChickHEN

Here my results:

Stunt Race FX --> unplayable (grafic bug, fps: ~10-12 ingame)
Killer Instinct --> with restrictions (fps: ~36 ingame with PSP accel. + accur. soft. Engine)
Super Mario Kart --> with restrictions (fps: ~ 38-41 ingame with PSP accel. + aprox. soft. Engine.)
Winter Gold (Winter Gold --> unplayable (fps: ~18)
Terranigma --> near perfect (fps: 50, but slow downs in world map (31 fps, dialogs (~31 fps) and chest (~43 fps) with PSP accel. + accur. soft. Engine)
Donkey Kong Country --> with restrictions (fps: ~ 50 in most levels, in some levels slow downs with PSP accel. + accur. soft. Engine)
Donkey Kong Country 3 - Dixie Kong's Double Trouble --> with restrictions (fps: ~ 50 in most levels, in some levels slow downs and slow down in world map (28 fps) with PSP accel. + accur. soft. Engine

In the next days I will test some more games with my PSP 2004 and 5.00 M33-6

For now I think there is no significant differences between the new version and the older version.

Jinx1337
October 13th, 2009, 12:38
I say it is based on smcm Test 5 version, as it still have that HOME button bug once media engine is completely turned off.

Same conclusions you came up with Memfis. No significant improvements so far. But don't get me wrong, it is absolutely heart warming that someone picked up the abandoned work! Kudos to the italian coder, keep up the awesome job!

B2K24
October 13th, 2009, 20:51
I say it is based on smcm Test 5 version, as it still have that HOME button bug once media engine is completely turned off.

Same conclusions you came up with Memfis. No significant improvements so far. But don't get me wrong, it is absolutely heart warming that someone picked up the abandoned work! Kudos to the italian coder, keep up the awesome job!

Someone posted this on another board that the change log is this.

The Me version was compiled with new compiler optimization and two bugs are fixed, one of them being a sound related bug.

I also appreciate the work i hope it continues on.
Thank You !!!!!!!

Heisenberg
October 14th, 2009, 02:41
Great to see it's being worked on!
Thx devs, coders :thumbup:

Zack
October 15th, 2009, 00:31
I've looked over the source.... and found tons of optimizations that can be made. (for speed)

Expect a release from me in a few days ;)

demonolith
October 15th, 2009, 00:49
I've looked over the source.... and found tons of optimizations that can be made. (for speed)

SWEEEEEEEET!!

B2K24
October 15th, 2009, 17:30

Zack thats awesome news. I can't wait to test :D

Jinx1337
October 18th, 2009, 20:02
Awesome news coming from one of my most respected coders! Can't hardly wait!

Cheers Zack! *cough* I'm still hoping for that *cough* Shadow Warrior port one day*cough* *cough*

All the best!

Zack
October 18th, 2009, 22:09
Ok here it is : http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=256444

eltmania
March 17th, 2010, 05:46
実行することができないROM(容量8Mバイト)があります。
これを実行する方法がないでしょうか?
ROMの場所は、
http://www.wikihouse.com/roma312new/index.php?
です。
実行時のROMの容量が制限されていますか?
実行していただければ幸いです。

hextaz
May 22nd, 2012, 22:02
thanks