PDA

View Full Version : custom 1.5 FW idea

TEAL DRAGON128
May 24th, 2006, 02:46
It seems you can't add to the files of an official SONY EBOOT UPDATE.
but how about making a homebrew application for 1.5 PSPs that will write to the flash by adding the files for the features of 2.0+?

you might not be able to play multiplayer UMD games or even play the one that require firmware 2.1+. but you will have the official web browser, location free player, the RSS channel and the audio codecs.
the security patches would be removed so you can still play homebrew.:)

In case of bricking :eek: how about putting the original 1.5 files into the application as well. If your PSP becomes bricked you can press a combination of buttons on the blank screen and it will restore the flash memory.

Tell me what u think of this and if there is a similar topic let me know.

pkmaximum
May 24th, 2006, 02:58
Hmmm....sounds like a good idea but I really get the fealing that this won't work and there is more than just acessing the flash and writing into the flash of the PSP. I just think there is much more to it. That is why that other hacking team was working on booting two firmwares off the PSP. Which seemed like a much better idea. But that would allow chipping and personally don't think that is worth it. But good job for trying to contribute your thoughts.

kyle2194
May 24th, 2006, 03:59
Ok you go ahead and do this. Tell me how it comes out, and use mph firmware launcher before flashing. Me and indiancheese know how this will turn out.

Wally
May 24th, 2006, 04:06
Good idea but chances are it wont work.

Because the new modules are not coded into 1.50, they wont be read. Unless you can reverse engineer 1.50 totally and add these modules to the source and recompile then sure go for it..

This wouldn't be legal and Dcemu wont host any files

nyrtrublue
May 24th, 2006, 04:37
someones a noob lol
its a good idea but practically impossible
don't once you are around the site more youll realize the limitatioins... and if someone does it feel free to make me choke on my words

TEAL DRAGON128
May 24th, 2006, 05:17
Hmmm....sounds like a good idea but I really get the fealing that this won't work and there is more than just acessing the flash and writing into the flash of the PSP. I just think there is much more to it. That is why that other hacking team was working on booting two firmwares off the PSP. Which seemed like a much better idea. But that would allow chipping and personally don't think that is worth it.

where can i find details of this?

Stewie2280
May 24th, 2006, 09:28
you already put it in ur sig this i so funny it wont work

Cap'n 1time
May 24th, 2006, 12:56
http://www.churchbrick.com/church%20brick/3-Brick.jpg

F9zDark
May 24th, 2006, 15:44
Writing to flash is tricky and more often than not, you will end up with a brick.

As well, how are you going to accomplish this? It will take alot of work, alot of time, and alot of bricked PSPs before you get this thing working properly, if it works at all.

Accordion
May 24th, 2006, 16:25
please dont attempt this
not that i have any ideas myself but from your posts you seem to know absolutely nothing about what your talking about, you will end up bricking your psp
how about trying a program to copy the files in the flash1/0 and view them, then move on from there to a fake updater app which logs the locations the update tries to write to
either your rich or stupidly confident

anyway someone has already made a custom 1.5 for use with the firmware lloader which allows the extra movie/photo/music formats, and it was very hard work... that explains the non existent futher progress
if there is no umd support it is a waste of time, 1.5 has web browser and better movie support anyhow

Cooe14
May 24th, 2006, 22:19
http://www.churchbrick.com/church%20brick/3-Brick.jpg
hahahahah lol that was great.

TEAL DRAGON128
May 26th, 2006, 02:15
In the last few days I tried to mess with the flash files and using MPH firmware launcher but what i got was a black (bricked) screen with small light blue pixels in the top left corner. If this was for real then I would have enough bricks to build a house made of PSPs.

However, what stopped me was last night when I got the usual black screen and I tried holding the power switch for about ten seconds (a few times) it wouldn't shut off so I pulled the plug and took out the battery and it stood ON for a few seconds :confused: then it shut off.
After that, I tried to turn it on but it would show a black screen :eek: .
For the rest of the night I couldn't turn it on and tried to unplug and take the battery again. At this point I thought I bricked my PSP...

This morning I was able to turn it on but the left button on the D-pad and the X button didn't work. I thought this was permanent. Later in the afternoon I turned it on and it worked again!
So I was lucky and nobody gets lucky twice on the same thing. I think I should quit now :( . I just wanted to try this myself.

btw has this happened before? Even with MPH firmware launcher?

pkmaximum
May 26th, 2006, 02:28
Man happy that your PSP came back to life. I guess you can say that is a stroke of pure luck. I my self don't mess with the PSP flash unless there have been good reults from the program like X-Flash is safe and legit to use as I have read no bad reviews on that home brew application.

TEAL DRAGON128
May 26th, 2006, 03:02
X-flash is what got me into this in the first place.

You can change the ver. # (this lets you play SOME GAMES that require updates)
change sound effects, and even disable the network update!

it seems to do this by replacing some files and i thought of trying this whole project.
But you are right and i should leave it to the experts.

IndianCheese
May 30th, 2006, 02:21
Ok you go ahead and do this. Tell me how it comes out, and use mph firmware launcher before flashing. Me and indiancheese know how this will turn out.

LMAO

IndianCheese
May 30th, 2006, 02:25
It seems you can't add to the files of an official SONY EBOOT UPDATE.
but how about making a homebrew application for 1.5 PSPs that will write to the flash by adding the files for the features of 2.0+?

you might not be able to play multiplayer UMD games or even play the one that require firmware 2.1+. but you will have the official web browser, location free player, the RSS channel and the audio codecs.
the security patches would be removed so you can still play homebrew.:)

In case of bricking :eek: how about putting the original 1.5 files into the application as well. If your PSP becomes bricked you can press a combination of buttons on the blank screen and it will restore the flash memory.

Tell me what u think of this and if there is a similar topic let me know.

I have tried editing the firmware before, and got as far as running homebrew through a menu with the Network icon. Cannot get past that.

Wally
May 30th, 2006, 03:12
I dont trust MPH firmware loader..

Its just asking for bricks.