PDA

View Full Version : Next gen rant thread

shadowprophet
May 24th, 2006, 05:14
Heres the deal.
The price of next gen consoles is unworldly:(
To ice that cake over the price of games are riseing:(
The reason for this that was given, is that we will pay it because we are fans:(

For me this is very frustrating,
First of all, to get full benifit out of our over priced next gen consoles, we are told we need hd tvs now:(

And say what you will about hdtv, but not everbody owns one at this time:(

Oh and heres a funny lil thing thats happening.
With Final fantasy 13, its gonna come out in three versions!!
Three versions for the same console. kind of like they did with those zelda games for game boy color? except square actuelly exspects us to buy all three versions of that game to get the full story:mad: and get this at 70 dollars a pop:mad:

What happened to the whole reason the price of games was going up, was because of the technology!! and so the developers could offer us more content? and now they wanna charge us three times for one freaking game?!!!
When the blue ray formay offers 50+ gigs storage space?!

My opions are opinions of anger mixed with disgust..

What are your thoughts on next generation?
Comments please?

Kaiser
May 24th, 2006, 05:16
This thread seems more like another cheap shot at the PS3 if you ask me SP. I just don't undestand everyone's frustration about the PS3. Its really not that expensive for what you get.

shadowprophet
May 24th, 2006, 05:21
Have you really looked at whats happening next gen?
The price of consoles and systmes have doubled:(
Fo no other reason then people are so adicted to video games they will pay them:(
And these major companys know it.
Kaiser your my bro,
But if you think the riseing cost of games and consoles are justifyed, You need some sort of medication brother:p

It doesnt urk you that developers like square are bringing out three versions of the same game on the same console?
Us collectors are hit and hit hard by this. were obligated to buy them, really:(

Cap'n 1time
May 24th, 2006, 05:25
honestly id rather have a hacked xbox 360 with linux then a ps3 with linux because it just isnt fun if it isnt bootleg.

V3N0M
May 24th, 2006, 05:29
This thread seems more like another cheap shot at the PS3 if you ask me SP. I just don't undestand everyone's frustration about the PS3. Its really not that expensive for what you get.

That may be true but it is still expensive. People will pay a high price for consoles already and from what i've seen most will pay 300 but anything above that is getting ridiculous and don't get me wroung i will get a PS3 eventually. Its just that thats alot to pay up frount for a game system even if it is a deal. Know what i mean.

Kaiser
May 24th, 2006, 05:36
That may be true but it is still expensive. People will pay a high price for consoles already and from what i've seen most will pay 300 but anything above that is getting ridiculous and don't get me wroung i will get a PS3 eventually. Its just that thats alot to pay up frount for a game system even if it is a deal. Know what i mean.

My PS2 cost me 500 dollars and was worth every penny. You think that is ridiculous?

Have you really looked at whats happening next gen?

Yes, its looking good on all fronts.

The price of consoles and systmes have doubled

Xbox @ launch --> $600 CDN
PS3 @ launch (premium pack) --> $600 CDN

Shilo
May 24th, 2006, 05:37
I'm gona stick with Nitendo till the price of the PS3 and the Xbox 360 comes down and when I get a HDTV. I will get all 3, but it might be awhile. And about the 3 versions of FF XIII....... that is plan retarded.

stotheamuel
May 24th, 2006, 05:38
i'll say it again.... blu ray player.... now i wont need to buy one... just a ps3...

shadowprophet
May 24th, 2006, 05:38
Nintendo,
Nintendo all the way;)

V3N0M
May 24th, 2006, 05:54
[QUOTE=Kaiser]My PS2 cost me 500 dollars. You think that is ridiculous?[QUOTE=Kaiser]

Yes it is. You don't seem to realize that that is Half a grand with no games basic console and a remote.
Lets say you get 3 games just three thats another $180 and a couple of wireless remotes thats another $100 oh and i forgot what about sales tax thats another $88 US money unless your lucky and don't live in an area where you have to pay sales tax. That comes out to a total of $968 bucks aloung with anything else you might buy for it so its over $968 bucks for a console a few games and some remotes.You can buy an Xbox 360 and a Wii and some games and it will still be less than a PS3. So back to your question "You think that is ridiculous?" Yes, yes i do.

BTW Kaiser no offence just showing the facts. I like the PS3 and i will get eventually i have just been tryin to explain to you why people have been complaining about it.

Kaiser
May 24th, 2006, 06:02
My PS2 cost me 500 dollars. You think that is ridiculous?

Yes it is. You don't seem to realize that that is Half a grand with no games basic console and a remote.
Lets say you get 3 games just three thats another $180 and a couple of wireless remotes thats another $100 oh and i forgot what about sales tax thats another $88 US money unless your lucky and don't live in an area where you have to pay sales tax. That comes out to a total of $968 bucks aloung with anything else you might buy for it so its over $968 bucks for a console a few games and some remotes.You can buy an Xbox 360 and a Wii and some games and it will still be less than a PS3. So back to your question "You think that is ridiculous?" Yes, yes i do.

Um... okay

But your missing my point entirely. What I was trying to say is that is how life is, and the prices have barely changed. We payed just as much the last time around. High prices for high-end technology is nothing new. The Saturn and 3DO cost a significant amount of money when they first came out. I just don't think people should be bitching about something thats not such a big deal and has been around as long as commercial gaming existed. If you don't have the money to buy all that crap then simply don't. I just don't like when people complain about this stuff as if its something new and that video game companies are simply being greedy this time around.

stotheamuel
May 24th, 2006, 06:05
then buy a wii jman.... and play hd dvds on it... or better yet blu ray... then video tape it for me.... or for another 500 dollars on top of your wii... buy a hd dvd player for your movies... hmm 700 dollars... is more than 600 dollars for ps3

shadowprophet
May 24th, 2006, 06:09
That we dont have the money.
The problem is bro you are in denial about this:(
The prices have changed. They have changed a lot
The ps2 wasnt 600 dollars at launch.
And yeah granted the x-box was, But when it was so expensive? How many people owned one?
damn skippy very few people.
Its not about not having the money.
Ive got the money to buy them at what ever they decide to charge, the question is, am i so foolish to part with that kind of money and is the money im plunking down worth the console?
Thats up you the individual to decide.
But for me its not,
I dont know where you have been buying your consoles. But if you paied 500 bucks for a ps2, somone somwhere laughed at you, and laughed hard bro :(

Besides this is a rant thread not a personal war zone. I brought up this topic because it was exciteing, stop attacking peoples finances, just because you dont agree with there opinons :(
Thats kinda cold brother.

stotheamuel
May 24th, 2006, 06:13
well i dont have anything to spend money on :p..... heh and i see what both of you mean... but i say 600 dollars is WORTH it... but it still is a lot... but its a harsh reality... wii will be innovative but still lacks what ps3 will present and 360 has presented. thats why it is going to be so cheap... and they will still make money off of each console most likely...

Kaiser
May 24th, 2006, 06:16
The ps2 wasnt 600 dollars at launch.

Yes, but the PS2 didn't come with anything. You had to buy all the dongles after. The same stuff thats built into the PS3 (hard drive, network adapter).

am i so foolish to part with that kind of money and is the money im plunking down worth the console?
Thats up you the individual to decide.

You answered your own question and went against your original argument.:rolleyes:

I dont know where you have been buying your consoles. But if you paied 500 bucks for a ps2, somone somwhere laughed at you, and laughed hard bro :(

Welcome to Canada it was the same everywhere. Life's a bitch but I got over it. I still think it wasn't that much.

Besides this is a rant thread not a personal war zone. I brought up this topic because it was exciteing, stop attacking peoples finances, just because you dont agree with there opinons
Thats kinda cold brother. :(

What can I say? I love arguing ;)

I never intended for any of my posts to come off harsh. I thought we were having a civilized argument. Keep throwing it at me. Arguments keep threads alive.

shadowprophet
May 24th, 2006, 06:18
I love a good argument too, :p
But I learned somthing about zezu this morning in irc , poor guy can dish it out, but he cant take it :(
Im not argueing with zezu anymore hes no fun lol

Kaiser
May 24th, 2006, 06:21
I love a good argument too, :p
But I learned somthing about zezu this morning in irc , poor guy can dish it out, but he cant take it :(
Im not argueing with zezu anymore hes no fun lol

:p Must have hurt his pride. Good 'ole Zezu.

Anyways I'm going to bed, that was some fast-ass posting guys. I'm interested to see where this thread will be upon my return. I'll be back with more arguments, I promise.

V3N0M
May 24th, 2006, 07:35
LOL i left for half an hour to eat and all this over a simple dissagreement. BTW you didn't hurt my pride lol. I was just sayin the facts. I love sony's products and will buy them and eventually i will buy the PS3. All i was doing was explaining to you why people are complaining. And yes in my opinion the price is redicalus that doesn't mean i wont buy one lol. The Dam thing is fricken awsome lol BTW like Shadow said its not that i don't have the money its just how much i am willing to spend on one console. Oh and Shadow Don't worry i do plenty of dishing and plenty of taking if i didn't i would'nt be responding right now lol. Well i'm going to bed i'll argue with you guys tomorrow lol.

Cid Highwind
May 24th, 2006, 11:02
US residents do NOT have the right to whine about the price. They are getting their consoles for the lowest prices. And if they can't afford to buy it at launch, wait half a year to get a better deal. That's how it's always been and how it will always be with new technology. Early adopters pay the highest price, live with it.

I can't stand how all the US people are complaining at their price, while european gamers have to pay 25% more simply because $ony has never heard of conversion rates, UK gamers are getting screwed even more.

Just as a wakeup call, US pays respectively 500 or 600 bucks for exactly the same console where we have to pay 625 / 750. That's what pisses me off seriously.

V3N0M
May 24th, 2006, 11:21
Wow your smart. lol i'm not coplaining i was explaining Why people are. Why don't you try reading the posts. Not to mention the curency is different in different countries your 625/ 750 is Probably worth the amount of 500/600 in the US. Oh and if you read the last few post most everyone has the money including me, its weather or not we want to pay that much for Game Console. Just read the posts before you post.

Cap'n 1time
May 24th, 2006, 13:02
[QUOTE=Kaiser]

BTW Kaiser no offence just showing the facts. I like the PS3 and i will get eventually i have just been tryin to explain to you why people have been complaining about it.

GASP! he dares to question the godly staff! ban him!!! ;) :p :)

stotheamuel
May 24th, 2006, 14:18
jman.... no he converted it himself... trust me

and i dont even wanna mention austrailia's pricing (shiver)

Dull Blade
May 24th, 2006, 21:02
Perhaps the PS3 will be the next neo geo. Look at it this way, it is byfar the most powerful, it thechnology is ahead of its time (blue ray disk) and it will cost more than I make in 4 months (I'm 15). i will personally get the 360 or the wii

Cap'n 1time
May 24th, 2006, 22:48
its not cool enough to be the next neogeo.

anyway i say **** the new disk formats, dvd's are still going to be around as long as we have average TV's. personally i would rather have a nice set of surround sound speakers and a decent, but average TV then some HDTV thats going to die in 5 or 6 years. **** hdvd, blu ray, and HDTV's. They are all unnessicary at the time being.. DVD's AND 5.1 SURROUND SOUND FOREVER!

Kaiser
May 24th, 2006, 23:29
US residents do NOT have the right to whine about the price. They are getting their consoles for the lowest prices. And if they can't afford to buy it at launch, wait half a year to get a better deal. That's how it's always been and how it will always be with new technology. Early adopters pay the highest price, live with it.

I can't stand how all the US people are complaining at their price, while european gamers have to pay 25% more simply because $ony has never heard of conversion rates, UK gamers are getting screwed even more.

Just as a wakeup call, US pays respectively 500 or 600 bucks for exactly the same console where we have to pay 625 / 750. That's what pisses me off seriously.

Excellent, Summed up my point perfectly. I completely agree.

Not to mention the curency is different in different countries your 625/ 750 is Probably worth the amount of 500/600 in the US.

Do you know how exchange rates work? You must understand we work just as hard for our money as yours. We aren't payed anymore to compensate the weaker currency. Therefore it is worse for us. The point has been since the very beginning that Americans have no right to complain that 500 dollars is to much. Since we've been paying that amount for ages.

GASP! he dares to question the godly staff! ban him!!!

My finger is on the button! :p;)

V3N0M
May 24th, 2006, 23:47
LOL ok, i see your point (Says to self)-(please don't ban me, Please don't ban me) lol Ya i know how things work and understand that if it suks for me it is even worse for you as most other countries have to pay more. Personaly i'm going to get all three of them eventually. I'll probaly get the Xbox 360 first then a Wii and then a PS3. I usually try to wait a year after they come out so all the bugs will be fixed altho i don't usually wait that long. I know Microsoft has a nasty habbit of releaseing things before they fix all the bugs.

V3N0M
May 24th, 2006, 23:53
Hey Kaiser ya know whats funny i'm enjoying this descussion its good to talk to someone with a different opinion about things. In a way it helps shape my own opinion. Ya know see different a side of things. Well back to the arguement. lol

shadowprophet
May 25th, 2006, 00:02
Im just gonna say it since jman wont lol
Yeah weve got the right to complain.

And kaiser your missing the point.
Do you honestly for a seconed think that if the ps3 goes up to $600 here your gonna get a ps3 for 600 in canada?
Take what you have been saying and apply it to the reality of whats happening,
The ps3 is gonna be really expensive in canada:(
according to the prices you guys claim you paied for a ps2 which was 299 here at the very most.
compared to your 500 dollars?
acording to your very own logic the ps3 should break a grand in canada. and you tell me?! that isnt to much for a ps3? if any canadian person in this room can tell me a grand isnt to0 much for a ps3. then there are serval things that need to change. first of which canada needs better schools to teach people the value of freaken money!!
And yeah, im well awear of my math on the ps3,
the freaking thing wont do you any good without a game...
and acording to you guys games for the ps3 in canada will be well over 100 bucks a pop.

V3N0M
May 25th, 2006, 00:25
Ya and stop spending it on Medicare lol. So people wont run up to canada to get all fixed up for cheap lol. Btw I was going to say that shadow but... Dam Staff and their curropt power lol.b But yes i agree with you. Finaly Someone agrees with me lol.

Cid Highwind
May 25th, 2006, 00:59
I recently saw some statistics on the prices of the PS2 at launch, just FYI:

PlayStation 2 prices
US: $299
Japan: $360
Germany: $403
France: $414
UK: $450
Netherlands: 1200Guilders -> €540 -> $680 (according to current rate, back then the euro was worth just as much as the dollar or slightly less, making it cost somewhere between $500 and $550)

@ JmanUmmKay: Yes I only read the first and second post, and then added my own little rant about how I feel on this gen's pricings. So it wasn't aimed directly at you. And about the currencies, I think you can buy a helluva lot gas more for a $ in the US than you can buy for a € in the Netherlands, maybe even double, or more.

And if these data from the BBC site indicate how much a person can spend in a year averagely I don't see a reason why the US should have lower prices.

GNI per capita: US $31,700 (World Bank, 2005) (Netherlands)
GNI per capita: US $41,440 (World Bank, 2006) (USA)

Don't get me wrong, I still think that if one finds it too expensive he shouldn't buy it, however it's sad to see how $ony is using the Euro to make more profit and acts as if it is worth just as much as the Dollar, which it hasn't been in ages.

And even though it might look expensive, even here in Europe one can not argue he still gets a lot for what he pays for, a PC with the same capabilities costs a lot more :)

It's become somewhat of a no brainer that computer stuff is a lot cheaper in the US, usually 25% or more. A scottish friend of mine is thinking of getting the US premium version for $600 simply because he can get the console and 2 games for the same price as just the bare premium version in his country.

Btw, waiting for revised version of a console is a wise thing to do, it's not only Microsoft who's got a bad reputation ;)

Kaiser
May 25th, 2006, 04:59
And kaiser your missing the point.
Do you honestly for a seconed think that if the ps3 goes up to $600 here your gonna get a ps3 for 600 in canada?
Take what you have been saying and apply it to the reality of whats happening,
The ps3 is gonna be really expensive in canada:(
according to the prices you guys claim you paied for a ps2 which was 299 here at the very most.
compared to your 500 dollars?
acording to your very own logic the ps3 should break a grand in canada. and you tell me?! that isnt to much for a ps3? if any canadian person in this room can tell me a grand isnt to0 much for a ps3. then there are serval things that need to change. first of which canada needs better schools to teach people the value of freaken money!!
And yeah, im well awear of my math on the ps3,
the freaking thing wont do you any good without a game...
and acording to you guys games for the ps3 in canada will be well over 100 bucks a pop.

Our dollar is much better in this day and age. Within a year or two it will surpass your American dollar. The differences are much smaller these days. So expect $525 and $625 for each type of PS3 in Canada respectively. You can do the Math for the rest of the software and equipment.

V3N0M
May 25th, 2006, 05:12
Ah yes the argument continues lol. Well i'm going to play Halo 2.