PDA

View Full Version : PSP: Offline Web Browser for PSP

RobertLangdon
May 24th, 2006, 23:21
Hi,
Check out www.teddysoft.co.uk (http://www.teddysoft.co.uk/) I've just made a new app available. It's still version one so be nice, it's just a baby!!

The app is called noSy and as the thread title suggests it's an offline web browser for the PSP. It runs on your PC and caches web content on your PSP.

It makes use of the PSP's own browser to view cached pages so firmware 2.0 is required (sorry homebrewers!!).

www.teddysoft.co.uk (http://www.teddysoft.co.uk/)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Cap'n 1time
May 25th, 2006, 15:37
Thats kind of handy! I dont know how experianced of a coder you are but I had an idea.

Some Pocket PC's have the ability to be left synced to the PC and download New pages and stuff so you can take it and read it on the go. Might it be possible to have a PC app that does somthing like that so that Thoes of us with PSP cradels can leave our PSP's in USB mode and have it grab certain pages every couple of hours so that we can read news and stuff on the go? Perhapes it isnt exactly practicle, but it would be cool none the less I think.

ayhoung
May 25th, 2006, 16:44
sounds awesome!

Edward472
May 25th, 2006, 23:10
there are tons of free programs that do this... I refuse to pay for free things

RobertLangdon
May 25th, 2006, 23:42
Hey guys,

good to see a bit of feedback. Thanks for the thoughts 1timeuser, noSy does indeed support scheduled downloads for exactly the reason you suggest. It doesn't let you specify a download every few hours, but does let you specify a single time of day to kick off a set of download jobs.

I use this feature to gather news and stuff in the morning for my train journey to work. I leave my PSP in it's cradle and have noSy running on the PC (minimised to the system tray) overnight. A scheduled then kicks into action at 5am so that by 6:30am I can grab the PSP on my way out of the door and all my favourite sites (news, weather, blogs, etc) are ready for surfing on the go.

We've got plans to enhance the scheduler in a future release, however it's in there already and works a treat. Let me know how you get on. I hope you find noSy useful.

isamu
July 5th, 2006, 12:22
Hi,
Check out www.teddysoft.co.uk (http://www.teddysoft.co.uk/) I've just made a new app available. It's still version one so be nice, it's just a baby!!

The app is called noSy and as the thread title suggests it's an offline web browser for the PSP. It runs on your PC and caches web content on your PSP.

It makes use of the PSP's own browser to view cached pages so firmware 2.0 is required (sorry homebrewers!!).

This appears to be exacty what I'm looking for, and unless something better comes out, I will be getting this app once I get my psp next month.

there are tons of free programs that do this... I refuse to pay for free things

Such as?

Hey guys,

good to see a bit of feedback. Thanks for the thoughts 1timeuser, noSy does indeed support scheduled downloads for exactly the reason you suggest. It doesn't let you specify a download every few hours, but does let you specify a single time of day to kick off a set of download jobs.

I use this feature to gather news and stuff in the morning for my train journey to work. I leave my PSP in it's cradle and have noSy running on the PC (minimised to the system tray) overnight. A scheduled then kicks into action at 5am so that by 6:30am I can grab the PSP on my way out of the door and all my favourite sites (news, weather, blogs, etc) are ready for surfing on the go.

We've got plans to enhance the scheduler in a future release, however it's in there already and works a treat. Let me know how you get on. I hope you find noSy useful.

Sounds swesome dude! :D

isamu
July 5th, 2006, 12:32
By the way I hear there's another browser called Links2. Does your program support this browser? If not, any plans for support in the future?

What about that other browser calles 2 ch or whatver?

isamu
July 5th, 2006, 12:47
Robert...another question...

Does it only to work with websites using html? What about php and stuff, or ssi?

isamu
July 6th, 2006, 02:18
Paging Robert

saqib154
July 10th, 2006, 17:36
can you post the sites where you can get the free offline web browsers :cool:

isamu
August 6th, 2006, 02:14
Robert are you still around in any way, shape or form? I need to contact you and there is no contact information at the Teddysoft website.

isamu
August 7th, 2006, 07:39
bump:mad:

isamu
August 17th, 2006, 03:01
Bob what set you from, cuz?

Maxdamantus
August 17th, 2006, 07:07
Robert...another question...

Does it only to work with websites using html? What about php and stuff, or ssi?

He clearly stated this is an OFFLINE BROWSER, php, and ssi are executed on the server, then sent to the client in html.

Also, stop multi-posting.

Mr. Shizzy
August 24th, 2006, 20:03
So would this work on DevHook emulated firmware?

pepegomez
August 24th, 2006, 21:11
of course. but paying sux...

btw that name remembers me of da vinci code ^^

ACID
August 24th, 2006, 21:26

Actually we can use it with devhook. So keep it up great work.:D

harleyteen23
July 5th, 2008, 04:45
cool