PDA

View Full Version : PSP News & Lik Sang Lua Comp Results

wraggster
May 25th, 2006, 01:38
PSP News and Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/default.php?lsaid=219793)are proud to announce the first 15Day Lua Coding Competition Results

Entries

Entry #1 PengBobsled v0.9

Good dodge the rocks game score 7/10

Entry #2 PSP Drug Lord

Unique build your money up game, score 8.5/10

Entry #3 PSP Game Builder

Great PSP Game Building app, score 8/10

Entry #4 BMR 1.2

DDR type game, score 7/10

Entry #5 Kramer's Lua Demo

Simple demo, score 3/10

Entry #6 Maze Thing

didnt work, score 0/10

Entry #7 GALPSP

create your own adventure game, score 7.5/10

Entry #8 Serve 'N Go

addictive game score 8/10

Entry #9 Math Facts v 1.0

nice educational title for the PSP, score 7/10

Entry #10 Cargame v0.2

racing game, score 7/10

Entry #11 Electris 1.0

Unique puzzle game my fave 9/10

So there you have it, i did write longer reviews but the bloody computer crashed and at this time of day im keeeping things short and sweet.

I would like to say a massive thanks to all entrees, there was some real gems amongst them and to be honest it was very hard to choose a winner.

Massive thanks to Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/default.php?lsaid=219793) for supporting another PSP coding competition :)

So for those who havent read above the winner is

Entry #11 Electris 1.0

and second place

Entry #2 PSP Drug Lord

They share the 4 prizes donated by Lik Sang winner gets to choose if he wants the cradle/battery pack or the faceplate/buttons, the runner up gets the prizes not chosen.

can the winner/runner up pm me to discuss choices/ addresses etc

gunntims0103
May 25th, 2006, 01:44
i was rooting 4 drug lord all the way great happy drug lord won congrats to all entries

Shilo
May 25th, 2006, 02:34
YA Drug Lord!!!!!!!!! I was rooting for Serve N Go :( Now, I gota Dl all of these great games! :D

Sousanator
May 25th, 2006, 02:47
close but no cigar,, oh well tied for 3rd
(i thought there was going to be 3 prize places, but i guess you cant do much with a tie)

anyways, great choices wraggster,
the winners deserved to win

gunntims0103
May 25th, 2006, 03:01
i was rooting 4 serve and go but wen drug lord came out it just had me but serve and go is still a great game thou...........congrats again to all participants i look 4ward to future updates

Shilo
May 25th, 2006, 03:06
I think these comps makes the best in coders come out! Just look at all of the comps, and the games are all so friggin awesome! *goes to get PSP and play Serve N go :D*

XteticX
May 25th, 2006, 03:07
Congrats!

vettacossx
May 25th, 2006, 03:22
i was hoping that sonic arena fighting game would be finished and entered its not smash bros but its the best lua idea ive seen since psp tactics!

Kagato
May 25th, 2006, 05:25
Thanks for picking Electris, Wraggster! I'm honoured. :)

I thought the standard of entries was really high. It's a great sign for the PSP homebrew scene that we can produce the quality of software that this competition showcased (particularly in the 2 week timeframe).

I hope people enjoy my game.
I'll have my site back up by tomorrow, and there'll be a section dedicated to Electris. I'll add some playing tips to help players get the most out of the game.

I'm looking forward to the Second 15 Day Lua Coding Competition! (but not just yet -- I think I need a little break!)

Thanks again!

Kaiser
May 25th, 2006, 05:33
Yeah congrats to all the participants! You guys made some neat LUA programs.:D

JNJC
May 25th, 2006, 06:18
Well Done Kagato.

You deserved the win, Electris is great.

I'm pretty happy with second place. Thanks to all of you who left me such positive feedback, it was much appreciated. I am still beavering away with Drug Lord. I have sorted out a couple of the bugs and improved the game play so it's not quite so tough to get ahead. I want to make some more improvements to the UI and and add extra sounds and stuff like that before I release the next version.

Thanks again everybody,
JC

mr_nick666
May 25th, 2006, 12:49
Cool :) The games just keep getting better even after the comp is over :D

crazy_biker420
May 25th, 2006, 14:12
props

Cap'n 1time
May 25th, 2006, 15:40
I have to say Electris is quite a release. Though I think quite of few of these games deserved some sort of recognition, I think it was right to be Electris on top! Congratulations to all the coders and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :)

Kagato
May 25th, 2006, 15:56
As promised, my website is back up (though still incomplete at this stage).

http://www.studiokagato.com/

Some basic play tips are listed at the bottom of the Electris (http://www.studiokagato.com/game.php) page.

sroon
May 25th, 2006, 23:11
I think that The PSP Game Builder should have won also because if you think about it it could have great potential.
But this is just my opinion.(.)(.)

dalejrrocks
May 25th, 2006, 23:17
I don't agree with PSP drug lord getting second place. I think that PSP game builder should've gotten it. It's a better, nicer app and like sroon said it has a lot of potential. Plus, PSP druglord is text-based and isn't that great. Other than that, everything is fair in my opinion.

rmg060606
May 26th, 2006, 01:20
good job guys i was wondering when can we download these awesome games i got electris but i cand find druglord anywhere

JNJC
May 26th, 2006, 01:32
You can get it here

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25162&page=3

rmg060606
May 26th, 2006, 02:05
Thank you so much been looking all over for it Good Job Guys

vettacossx
May 26th, 2006, 07:00
electris is a gr8 game but i guess i expected a game as good as iris was in the last comp....but it is a LUA comp after all so there were some limits ....plus only 30 days??? they should have 90...lol

benn
May 26th, 2006, 09:16
where can i DL them?