PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Nvidia Tegra chip going into next-generation DS

wraggster
October 14th, 2009, 14:59
According to Bright Side of News' secret sauces sources, Nvidia is in talks with Nintendo about the hardware for the successor to the Nintendo DS. Nintendo is reportedly interested in Nvidia's Tegra line of chips for mobile devices, like the one in the Zune HD. Considering that the Zune HD can do things like play HD video, it sounds like a power boost over the existing DS hardware. The lower-end Tegra APX has a clock speed of 600 MHz, compared to the current DS cores, which run at 67MHz and 33MHz.

However, BSN believes that the potential timing of the announcement (late next year) suggests that Nintendo could use the next generation of Tegra chips, which, the site says, use "GeForce 9 based hardware." And if they're cheap enough, Nintendo might consider it! The only question (well, the only other question, besides "is any of this true") is whether the capability to play ported console games is really a good thing for the DS.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/14/rumor-nvidia-tegra-chip-going-into-next-generation-ds/

Dragonic
October 14th, 2009, 18:27
Yay! I love to hear rumors like this! It gives me a funny feeling and makes me happy. Well, it isn't sure that it's true, but anyway, I think it's fun!

Btw. Antoher thing I find a bit funny is that I made a thread here at DCemu where I said I would like Nintendo to use a Tegra chip in their next handheld, and if they are, it's quite cool, because my "dreams" would come true! x)

wraggster
October 14th, 2009, 18:44
imagine a touchscreen console with more power than the PSP, and decent commercial games too, personally i think Nintendo could easily have 2 consoles in the handheld market

AmySmith
October 14th, 2009, 21:21
http://www.pilatesmagiccircle.org/

Zin0099
October 15th, 2009, 03:42
i quess 2 handhelds would be alright if dsi is not completely canned cuss i bought one and like it but if it comes it comes

i'm also a proud pspgo owner too and still have my psp-2000