PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with DS Emulators

Meme-Teke
May 25th, 2006, 06:57
First of all, I hope this is the right forum.
As for the actual problem, none of the DS emulators work, I've litterally tried all of them, but when I try to load the roms, theres just a black screen and nothing else, i've clicked run, and yeah its just black with some text down at the bottom saying random numbers...

How do I fix this???

MikeDX
May 25th, 2006, 15:04
Not sure what you are trying to achieve but nothing really runs games full speed with sound. With the price of DS's coming right down now I would recommend you just buy a DS and play em on there :D

Mazza
May 25th, 2006, 16:51
yeah, Mike is right the only emulator close is Ensata and that can only run a few demos and golden eye at very low framerates. There isn't a working emulator good enough to play any roms on.

Meme-Teke
May 26th, 2006, 00:44
really? wierd. Well are they working on one that does?

Mr_Biggs
May 26th, 2006, 00:49
really? wierd. Well are they working on one that does?

yeah, but it takes a few years to make one that is about 80% compatible and that runs at full speed, as ive seen in the past. ive bitched about this too, but ive resolved to buy a DS and flashcart instead:D

Mazza
May 26th, 2006, 16:26
yeah, even emulators for psone are still buggy so you're gonna have to wait a long time for anyone to code a full workin ds emulator. Even Microsoft can't fully emulate the original xbox on the 360 yet and they're paying people to work full time on it.

Mr_Biggs
May 26th, 2006, 20:17
yeah, money seems to be the magic fuel for programmers these days.:D

Mazza
May 27th, 2006, 20:34
it's time as well, programmers of homebrew apps have full time jobs as well usually so only have spare time to do it in. People who are payed to do it will spends around 35 hours a week or more to do it and have all the equipment they need to make it possible