PDA

View Full Version : Sound Card Help

rhouzer
October 8th, 2004, 20:46
I have a MSI K7T Turbo2 (with KT133A Chipset Based) Mother Board
Running Windows XP Pro (with SP2)

Th mother board has built in Direct Sound AC97 Audio, wich is not to good so i got a new sound card (witch brings me to the problem) Yes i disabled the built in one in the bios.

The card i got is a sound blaster 16pci that supports EAX and 4.1 surround sound and 3d adio support also on board processing! All of wich do no work because:
The default windows xp drivers dont support it! The drivers that came with it do but when i install them it causes the sound to skips and causes movies to skip with it! So the drivers that support all the stuff has issues and without it all supported my processor gets bogged down.

Now creative will offer no help to me (sound card is 6 months old and they don't support it) and cant play a lot of my newer games without it working.

I am in major need of help. If any one can help me please do so. Also if it cant be corrected (i hope it can) i need to know how to get that bad Direct Sound AX97 Audio to work. >:(

Alexvrb
October 9th, 2004, 15:24
6 months old? SB16 is ancient. Also, since when did SB16 support EAX? Give me the full name of the card. It sounds like a SB 4.1 Digital or a Vibra 128 4D. I would never have recommended anything below an Audigy anyway, otherwise you might as well stick with your onboard until you can get together a few more bucks.

Either way, you're going to want to get the latest drivers for your card from their website. I almost never use the drivers from a disc.