PDA

View Full Version : JTAG Port Found on PS3 Blu-Ray Drive

wraggster
October 14th, 2009, 19:49
news via http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2473

I found the JTag port for the Blu-ray Reader on the PlayStation 3. Last night after finishing the research meeting I went looking for information about BD integrated reader, as you know I would not support full backups but sony is screwing us over, so I think it's time to be less hesitant and think more selfishly. While checking the back of the reader PCB I saw that there are terminals without a connector, these terminals belong to a connector which connects ’something’ and through Internet I found the points used in a JTag, including the TDO, TDI, TMS etc.

thick9"
October 15th, 2009, 13:33
What does this mean,if anything?

acn010
October 15th, 2009, 17:41
There are consumer products that have a JTag port integrated, so that the connections are often available on the PCB as part of the prototype phase of the product. These connections can provide a simple way to reverse-engineer."

As you can see we have an opportunity to try to get the firmware, decrypted data, and all that is able to control the Blu-ray reader.

thick9"
October 16th, 2009, 01:33
'As you can see we have an opportunity to try to get the firmware, decrypted data, and all that is able to control the Blu-ray reader'

SWEET

Thanks for the info ACN010.