PDA

View Full Version : PSP Runscape

Gamer8174
May 25th, 2006, 22:55
For a while, i've heard of high demand for a psp mmo. Many mmo's that are out today charge a monthely fee and require advanced controls such as the keyboard. But, one of these mmo's seem to be the perfect match. Runescape for it is made from java, easy controls, low system requirement, free, and maybe could be easily playable from the web browser with a new version fitted for the psp. Would this be a huge undertaking from the developers? I wouldn't think so considering the profit they could make from all of the people starving for a psp-mmo experience.

Does anyone else think this would be kinda neat?

Forsak3n
May 25th, 2006, 23:32
This wouldnt work at all... Reasons.

How do you chat? Thats a main point in Runescape
How would you move? Move the analog nub? Click?
Thats dumb, and you can't have free movement in Runescape, that would mess the game up.
Would we get to play with PC users?
If so, they would have a serious advantage over the PSP users in the "Wilderness"
Oh The Wilderness?
That would be way to stressfull on the PSP, all the having to look around while clicking to move to go, PC users would DOMINATE the psp wilderness players.
What happens when we go to a server with like 1500 users or more, the PSP would lag very bad...
I have a 128MB Graphics Card 512mb of RAM, and runescape lags for me sometimes when i go to these servers.
I would love to see an MMORPG for the PSP... imagine going to a local WIFI, connecting to your account, and LVLing up somewhere, maybe all those WoW fans can get a bit of sun? an MMO on the psp would be sweet, but be a disadvantage to people without WiFi access. I don't think Runescape would be very good for the PSP, but we do need an MMO.

SSaxdude
May 26th, 2006, 01:30
I hope that will never happen. When my friends started to get into Runescape, they became the biggest losers. I told them they would hate it one day, but they didn't listen. A few months later they finally stopped playing it. What I'm pretty much saying is that Runescape is one of those games that gets old real fast.

pkmaximum
May 26th, 2006, 02:10
I agree runescape will not work for playability, and system requirements. Like a 2d top view mmo would be nice like a zelda, or pokemon mmo. LOL Pokemon mmo would be kind of cool though train up your pokemon and thne battle other people walking around. Sounds fun to me! :) But anyway if there is going to be an mmo in the future for the PSP it will have to have low low system requirements most likeley run like homebrew and not off the web browser. And it can only have a certain # of people playing the mmo at a time. Unless there are many servers to support the # of players playing. It may get to the point unfort. though were the PSP can't handle a mmo but lets hope that is not the case as I would also like to see a game were I can kick all you guys asses in :P. Well I hope the best of luck for the mmo story for the PSP :).

Gamer8174
May 26th, 2006, 04:52
Lol. Can't believe I didn't think about all of this. I guess thats whats happens when you dont think things over.

robotdevil
May 28th, 2006, 23:57
I would have to agree that runescape (or any other PC MMO) would be impossible. We would need a new from ground up game, and something with more of a Guild Wars style. Not that Guild Wars is the perfect MMO, but the style would make it more playable on the PSP (i.e. party limits, instanced zones for all fighting etc). Still the most difficult thing would be chat. But with all the action zones as instanced, there could be a mix of headset and psudo keyboard input (i.e. the web browser).

Bad idea? Maybe, but at least it's one step in the right direction.

jman420
May 30th, 2006, 07:22
shouldnt links2 be able to run java if someone programmed a plugin for it? I tried to load up the RS website, but it wouldnt go to the world select screen (whenever you hit high or low detail it reverts to the main menu) in my opinion it should be possible to do...

however I dont think that the sony browser will ever work for it... has anyone ever tried to load rs on a 2.7 firmware psp? it seems that if the flash movies work, the java-flash Runescape system could..

King DS
May 31st, 2006, 19:33
Lol! they should stick it on the DS. WAY better! Sorts out most problems Forsak3n pointed out apart from the Lag. but Optimization ould sort that out