PDA

View Full Version : First PS3s will be for Europe

wraggster
May 25th, 2006, 23:01
As retail bites its nails over hardware allocation, SCEE president and CEO David Reeves has revealed that the first PS3s off the production line will be PAL units.
In an exclusive interview with MCV, the Euro boss moved to reassure the industry of SCE’s newfound commitment to Europe – but admitted that some European territories may only be allocated ‘small seed’ numbers of the console for day one.

“I hope we will be day and date with US and I hope that we’ll get the same quantities as US as well,” said Reeves. “I don't think we’ll be disadvantaged. In fact I believe the first PS3s being manufactured are being made for Europe – which is a first."

“Between November 17th and December 31st we'll hope to put them in as many European territories as we can, even if we have to place small seed quantities on day one."

And Reeves also responded to the recent discussions across the market over the console’s £425 price tag:

“When Blu-Ray players come out in Europe they are probably going to be between €900 and €1,000. So €599 for a Blu-Ray player – which is what a PS3 is – and a games machines with lots of good titles coming out as well is actually a steal. And the €499 unit, because that will also play Blu-Ray, is even better value.”

Via MCV (http://www.mcvuk.com/newsitem.php?id=1059)

Cooe14
May 25th, 2006, 23:31
Screw Blu-Ray go HD-DVD it's SO much cheaper.

Zion
May 26th, 2006, 00:06
thats good that we might get it first for a change.

NiGame
May 26th, 2006, 08:41
I like the sound of it but don't hold out too much hope that there will be many